Coppa Italia Round of 16: Roma vs Virtus Entella (January 14th, 2019)

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Big Bad Wolf, Jan 13, 2019.

1. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maximum one-goal difference between the teams in terms of overall play.

2. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    Unleash Shick

3. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Calm finish from Schick and good find by Kluivert.

4. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    If nothing else it's clear Schick would have a bright future in the Serie C.

TheNewMeazza repped this.
  5. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Schick is playing well (better than Dzeko would against such a team IMO), but how come he can never connect cleanly for a powerful shot? Second time this game he’s scuffed a great chance in the half volley.

6. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Riccardi?

nice!

Shen-O repped this.
  7. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    The British commentators I’m listening to is saying Zaniolo’s mom is a big Roma fan. Doesn’t mean much but hopefully she’ll beat his ass if he tries to leave.

wm72, DOctore13, whill4 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Not bad. The second half had some pretty boring stretches and pretty sloppy play , but it was good to see Roma play again.

9. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Schick should have had a hattrick.

10. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Cant really ask for much more. They made a decent fist of it for 45mins but they were spent for the 2nd half as you would expect. Job done, some nice goals but now moving on to the more serious stuff. Hopefully the regs will be back. We need 'em.

11. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How was Karsdorp?

12. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know its weak opposition...but, Schick is the silky assassin we’ve been waiting for. That flick for the 2nd goal, man.

13. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dirty as f

14. ErPupone

ErPupone Member+

Aug 27, 2015
    Austria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Kluivert and Ünder seemed as if they thought they could try fancy stuff on the defenders. Which is kind of what you'd expect from these young players but was still annoying because it didn't work out. On Pastore I'd say it was more laziness than arrogance. Nonetheless, the three really annoyed me in the first half. But I won't complain too much after a solid 4-0 win given the weather yesterday.

15. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yeah, I dunno. Kluivert got fouled a lot of times if I recall correctly. They're both still trying to develop consistent moves to beat fullbacks 1v1 outside of pure pace.

Pastore has so much talent, but damn he's such an Ozil. Much prefer Lorenzo's energy and 2-way play at the 10.

Java65 repped this.
  16. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    I thought he was fairly good. You could really see his pace and power at times and he sent some dangerous balls into the box. His flank was an open highway for a good portion of the match, though.

I still question his ability to process the game defensively , but perhaps he just needs consistent minutes.

I dunno. Considering how many injuries are piling up this season, maybe we should just hang onto the guy as insurance. Maybe he can surprise.

mancini30 repped this.
  17. mancini30

mancini30 Member+

Jul 20, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Im all in for keeping him considering Santon’s horrible form lately.

18. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  19. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good game by nearly everyone but let's not forget this is a Serie C side. Thought Karsdorp played well but he really needs to defend much better. Any game that can give Schick confidence can't be all bad. All in all, we did exactly what we should have done.

Shen-O repped this.
  21. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I thought he was pretty good going forward too. His defense is troubling especially when you consider it's a Serie C side he's going against. Still, he has hardly played in over 2 years so that has to be a factor.

22. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The quality of the opposition cannot detract from the quality of Schick's goals: both were fantastic.

wm72 and Haakon24 repped this.
  23. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The quality of the opponent absolutely matters. Time and space is much more available for players against lesser opponents. Not to mention a better GK might save that first goal. Yes, it was a nice little flick and he got himself into position but Under was all alone on the right and just picked out a pass because of poor defending.

Again, 2nd goal was very nice but who knows if he's left all alone in the center if you are playing a better team.

Again, not taking anything away from him but I'm also not dismissing the quality of the opponent.

24. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Add to it players feel more confident against weaker teams. This was shown during the game with Schick. He got the quality but he gets nervous on field. He and the rest of Roma staff knows it from what we have read on the news.

wm72 and Java65 repped this.
  25. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    That’s all easy to say when we win 4-0. How many times with Dzeko up top have we scraped 1-0 or lost against Serie C/B level opponents? Entella looked like amateurs because our attackers (Schick in particular) made them look like amateurs and it deserves some credit at least.