Coppa Italia 18/19

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pjanic in, Khedira out.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, Frueller tripped over his own feet and gets the call in his favor.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pjanic gets a yellow

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How was that not a yellow on De Roon? He kicked Matudi in the head and back while he was on the ground.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When did we sub out Ronaldo?

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO

De Sciglio

7. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Terrible Performance. We just LOST the treble. Seriously Juventus???????

soji22 repped this.
  8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You thought we will win the CL? :laugh:

9. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Well we can, if we can get everyone healthy on time. Honestly I feel this was not the real Juventus, this was a terrible performance by us.

10. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    How bad is Chiellini's injury? It looked like he just had a knock, and he went off as a precaution, but sky italia says its more serious.

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We lost it in those 5 minutes and were never able to get it back. Move on.

juveeer repped this.
  12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If losing out on the treble means we get a different double this season, I will take it.

juveeer and soji22 repped this.
  13. soji22

soji22 Member+

Juventus FC
    France
    Feb 8, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This elimination may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Hats off to Atalanta -- they just confirmed what Serie A watchers have known for a while. They are a good team. I'm not going to lose sleep over our failure to defend a trophy that we've won for four consecutive years. I'm just hoping that with fewer games on the schedule that we will give a true account of ourselves come the Champions League knockout stages.

juveeer repped this.
  14. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Same Here, but its just sad to lose the treble. However on the bright side, we can celebrate Roma's humiliation.

Falc repped this.
  15. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I rather drop a game in a useless cup than the CL.
    It means we are hampered with injuries and it also shows that rugani on defense is a liability big time, we could still get big bucks from Chelsea for him.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What did Rugani do wrong?

17. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its insane how terrible our attack is given the names on the roster. It is not problem of who we have anymore, this is solely on Allegri for not having a clue how to play these players together. I used to hate it when people said Allegri riding Conte's coat tail and just refined his team....well its starting to come true. 2015 was fantastic, 2016 we struggled with worst start but then recovered, then in 2017 and 2018 we just lost all our creativity, grinta, passion, excitement.

I dont give a damn if we lose, just fight for it til the end. This team seems to be sleeping at times and usually wakes up when its too late. Something with our philosophy is missing.

seriously outside Italy, we have lost to young boys and a crap ManU side...Atletico will definitely be our toughest game of the season and they have the best defense. Not sure how we plan on scoring on them when we barely create chances against Italian teams. Allegri got a couple of weeks to figure out how to use this attack, or else this Atleti tie will be a slow train wreck to watch.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rugani is fine...if we can live with everyone else's mistakes all these years, we can live with a few of Rugani's so that he can gain experience and get better.

19. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #94 Buffonfan, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    ouch what happened? I miss the match today so I'm watching the highlights and hope to find a replay, but I look at the score and 3-0, whoa! wuuuttt?

This is the Juventus that not lost a.single.game in Serie A so far this season, but then conceeded 3 goals against Atalanta (standing at 7 in Serie A). ok, first goal I can give, but then "three" goals conceed?

Can you give me a summary of the match today Sir Mean Machine. What happened? This is a fluke right? Now I'm super worry about the upcoming CL match against Atletico Madrid, Atletico are no push over team.

And still no Mandzukic? How is he doing? Any latest update? For sure he will start at the game against Atletico right?

20. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Juve have been struggling badly vs teams that are willing to play them physically by engaging in 1v1 duels instead of dropping deep and defending. Lazio and now Atalanta dominated Juve on a physical level.

Without Pjanic and Bonucci, Juve can't pass out from the back when building up play. Lazio and Atalanta just marked everyone high and tight right from Juve's goal kicks.

Without Mandzukic, Juve don't have the option to go long either. Ronaldo is not a CF. Asking him to play with his back to goal or to receive the ball in the air when tightly marked by a CB will never work.

So what happens? Juve are pinned back and become far too reliant on individualism to get themselves out of being pressed. Despite having so much talent, Juve really need key players healthy to make this work.

juveeer repped this.
  21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Here is kind of what happened. We started the game extremely slow and on the back foot. We were missing Bonucci to injury, and Pjanic was just coming back from injury so he didn't start. Mandzukic is injured and according to Allegri, will be back on Saturday against Parma. Very early in the game, Chiellini got a knock and had to come off so we put De Sciglio as CB and brought on Cancelo.

Atalanta took advantage of all this and were playing a lot more aggressively and physically than we were. Cancelo made a huge mistake at the back which led to Atalanta's first goal, and sooner later we were pushing but disorganized and Atalanta scored a second right before half time. After the half we were a little better but still struggled to keep the ball and find rythemn despite a few good moments. Then at the very end, De Sciglio made a back pass to Szezsny not knowing there was an Atalanta player there, and then he converted it to make it 3-0.

Overall, yes I would say this is a fluke, and we really underestimated Atalanta. I feel a number of our players are gassed and need rests, as well as a few injuries are going on too which has been costing us. Atletico is still a ways a way that hopefully Chiellini and Bonucci will be back by them and we can field full squad. However when we play Atletico, we need to play with urgency, determination, and heart, and not underestimate them. Because as you said, Atletico is a serious team that could also be considered minor favorites for UCL.

Buffonfan and juveeer repped this.
  23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yep.

Pippo's brother gave teams with ability the blueprint on how too play us. Atalanta has ability and an in-form hitman in Zapata. Atalanta gave us fits in the league also.

You can't take that many of our top players out of any side, esp. in the spine of the team, and expect good results. We need to get healthy pronto.

But our CB and MF issues were obvious pre-season and we have not addressed them for some reason. Selling Benatia with 2 CBs hurt was also a questionable move. He isn't the greatest but he is better than throwing on MDS or Caceres as a CB.

With the age of our CBs it is and was inevitable that there will be injuries and that is why addressing that position should have been obvious. NOW, we sold off our cover and have 3 CBS injured, and today is the last day to pick up a replacement!

Zoot Alors!

24. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Gasperini wrote the blue print on April 28 2017

juveeer and Falc repped this.
  25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We always struggle with Atalanta. They play physical & dirty. Perhaps the dirtiest team in Serie A. They give you these little cheap fouls that the referee ignores. That puts us off rhythm. The Cancelo blunder put us behind. We then gave away another goal two minutes later. It was a bit to recover. The second half was not as bad as Atalanta played deeper and did not pressure. But we were not able to break down their wall.

juveeer repped this.