Copa Sudamericana 2015 [r]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, May 21, 2015.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Olimpia can take them.

They are far from unbeatable and we have a pretty damn good team this year. If we where to play River (which could only be if both make the final) don't be shocked if we eliminate them.

Obviously, anything in this sport can happen and we could even go out in the next round but looking at the brackets I would be very surprised if we don't make atleast the quarters.

2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So you think it'd be surprising if Olimpia are eliminated by UC? Hmmm....

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #28 Latin Pride, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    I said I would be surprised if we go out before the quarterfinals (not that it obviously can't happen) so that argument is pretty invalid considering we wouldn't meet UC until the final...if both teams even make the final.

4. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Has no one noticed 4th tier side Brasilia has just beat Goias :eek:

5. edotedoj

edotedoj New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Brasilia isn't even 4th tier. They are not in any division of the Brazilian League this year.

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Now Brasilia goes for a deep run, since they're not bothered by league play, and only have to play their Copa Verde.

7. edotedoj

edotedoj New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Copa Verde already ended. I don't know what they are playing now.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so why they are in the tournament???

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Soprendente la victoria de santa fe ante nacional

10. edotedoj

edotedoj New Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    They won Copa Verde last year. A tournament disputed by the best of each state of the North and Midwest regions.

Sorry if I made mistakes. My english is horrible.

pepinointer repped this.
  11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So Libertad got their token, bullsh!t PK.

12. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I knew there was something weird about Brasilia, I didn't recognize seeing them ever in either the Brazilian Serie A or B

13. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That seals yet another sh!t year for Chilean clubs.

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL you can take River but you couldn't even get past our nietos Independiente? Alright man... Dream on

15. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Libertad eliminated by Chapecoense... now that was a surprise.

here is the city of Chapecó, just 200 thousand people and 600 km far from the closest state capital.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapecó

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    River vs Chapecoense then?

17. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    yep

18. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Looks like another final for Riverplate then. If Libertad went through, I would have argued otherwise but they have basically been given a free ticket to the semi-finals and they won't lose to Luqueno or Atletico Paranaense.

19. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    if river wins this sudamericana which it will probably happen. 20 years from now people will be like wow RIver was unstoppable 20 years a go but we all know this river is nothing special

20. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You could barely handle a bunch kids playing for LDU Quito. I'm convinced Olimpia could have taken Riverplate. Yes, I know Quito has the altitude advantage but surely Riverplate knew that going into the match and should have gotten more than a 2-0 win in Argentina. LDU Quito were absolutely awful that match.

River to me are only really a fearsome team when Pisculichi plays.

21. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    They are a special side when Pisculichi plays. They were horrible in the Libertadores this year and only won it because the other teams were awful, but when Pisculichi was on form in last years Sudamericana, there was no stopping them. They even had difficult teams as well like Estudiantes, Atletico Nacional, Libertad and Boca. It wasn't easy but they walked all their games (except against Boca, which could have ended differently if they hadn't missed that penalty)

In the Libertadores, they should have not even made it out of the group. When they did, they were better than Boca in both legs, but not by much and the standard for a superclasico, was extremely low. Then they should have lost to Cruzeiro, I didn't watch the second leg so I don't know what happened there. Lastly, Guarani while not an easy team was probably not going to be any harder than Boca or Cruzeiro. Out of the matches I watched, they only truly performed in the final vs Tigres, which was a great performance but nothing topped any of their performances in the Sudamericana.

As for this year, I didn't see the entire line up of the second leg in Quito, but from what I can tell, Pisculichi was missing and despite the fact that they were playing in altitude and it was always going to be difficult, Riverplate could have performed better than they did. As for the home leg, Pisculichi played and it was the first time I've been impressed with Riverplate in a long time. Even topping the final performance against Tigres, but I still think they were missing some goals as I said in the post above, but even so, Riverplate from last years Sudamericana wasn't a team that battered others. They were a team that won. I just think that going into the altitude, they should have scored more.

If Pisculichi plays, I'm convinced Riverplate have a chance against Barcelona, especially seeing how poor Barca have been as of late. Without him, they won't win it. No chance.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Haters gonna hate. We have every trophy organized by CONMEBOL sitting in El Monumental and you come on here and say we should have won by more than 2-0 in BsAs?

So again, Olimpia could have beat River but they couldn't score in 2 matches against Independiente. Oh, and maybe instead of talking shit about a club that has won everything the last 2 years, worry about your own team, which quite frankly sucks and has never won a CONMEBOL trophy. Have a nice day.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How can you come on here and talk about River when you didn't see the second leg against Cruzeiro, which was the high point of River under Gallardo. An amazing performance for the ages, another Mineirazo.

24. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    #50 SiempreCrema, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Nice, so you're resorting to telling me we have never won a CONMEBOL trophy, you sound like you're gloryhunting now.

1. Yes, you should have won more than 2-0, because LDU Quito gave you a scare, don't even lie. They had the perfect chance to tie it up with that penalty but thankfully for you, they have the typical western South American mentality. I also don't care that you have every trophy organized by CONMEBOL. So do Independiente.

2. Independiente is higher up the table than Riverplate in the league, in case you haven't noticed. I'm not saying they are better than River because they're not, but you're saying its a joke that Olimpia couldn't score in 2 matches against Independiente. Especially given Olimpia had a red card for the majority of the game. I know they are mistakes that teams shouldn't be making, but 11 vs 11, I'm convinced Olimpia would have won it.

3. You may have won everything in the last 2 years, but 2014 was your high point. This year had the worst Copa Libertadores in years, and it was of a lower standard. River were excellent in 2014, but in 2015, they were lucky everyone else wasn't very good. That said, I'm not saying EVERY match was an awful performance, as you said beating Cruzeiro 3-0 was a great performance. I didn't see it but you're telling me this and its easy to assume as well.

Latin Pride repped this.