Copa Sudamericana 2012

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Have you ever even been to the city of Sao Paulo?

2. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    locoxriver, MetroChile and sidspaceman repped this.
  3. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    No it isn't. Fu(k him.

Stop avoiding the main issue - Tigre were aggrieved tonight, and you join the blind ignorant masses in Brasiao in condemning a small team that's happy to be there, and were treated like sh1t the whole time they were in that dump known as the largest city in the hemisphere.

Can you do that - admit something Brazil did/failed to do was wrong?

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Best Thread since Mano got fired

cigar_city repped this.
  5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Actually, Boca is targeted by racism.

Boca is the team that Bolivian and Paraguayan immigrants to that country adopt. This is why sometimes fans from opposing teams fly Bolivian and Paraguayan flags, in mockery of Boca. There was one time that diplomatic officers from Bolivia lodged a protest because of this.

I'm not saying white Argentine Boca fans aren't or can't be racist. If anything, many Argentines have Indian blood (their facial features show it).

6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah, but I kinda prefer Minneapolis......

7. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It is ********ed up. I agree. If they feel that they were mistreated or attacked by the security guards or the police, lodge a complaint with Conmebol, get out, and play the second half.

Violence on the field is part of the game and is the referee's responsibility. Violence continued on the field after the first half ended and the referee gave Paulo Miranda a red card and Osvaldo a yellow card. No cards to Tigre players. In situations like this, it is common to give one red card to one player from each team. No explanation why only a SPFC player received a red card, but the referee could have his reasons.

What I think that happened is that Tigre players were upset and went down to the locker rooms. When they saw the security guards, they started pushing them. There was no reason for the security guards to beat up the players unless they were pushed. The security guards might have thought that the Tigre players were trying to get to São Paulo's locker room. That could or could not be an accurate assessment.

It is easy to get a few pushes into a big fight. This might have happened, and the Tigre players felt vulnerable. Someone in the Tigre organization might have felt, as did Chilean goalkeeper Rojas in 1989, that it would be easier to win the championship off the field. Someone in the Tigre organization told Fox Deportes that they were beaten up and that they had videos to prove it.

If they really have the videos to prove it, they should lodge a complaint with Conmebol and ask that the remainder of the game be played in a neutral venue.

Otherwise, it is what we refer as "disse que disse", or "he said, she said", and we will never know the truth.

São Paulo was the superior team in the first half, and could easily continue scoring in the second half. Tigre was being violent and trying to provoke fights the whole game. This is the mark of a team that knows that it can't win without resorting to dirty tricks. This is why I cast doubt on Tigre's claims.

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    When you say that Sao Paulo is a "dump," you're not going to be taken seriously. I went to Buenos Aires and saw some pretty miserable vilas-miserias, and the Boca neighborhood is not anywhere I'd want to be when after sundown. Doesn't mean I'd call it a "dump." Even here in the US, great and famous cities like New York City and Los Angeles have less than sterling neighborhoods (south Bronx in NYC; South Central/Compton in LA).

Was Tigre happy to be there? Sure. Do we know for absolutely sure why there was that altercation? No.

Can I admit Brazil did something wrong?

You talk too simplistically. I wouldn't blame ALL of Argentina for the horrible treatment Argentinos Jrs and Estudantes da Prata gave to Fluminense and Internacional, although I believe the local police didn't do its job.

We do not yet know if Tigre's players went up against private security or the actual police.

9. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Cleveland on roids ... and with much, much, much, much better ass.

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus youve done alot of wikipedia searches tonight.

and thats greatly exaggerated, the Bolivian and Paraguayan thing, not so much the racism. I know a shit ton of Paraguayans, villero Paraguayans and theyre all River fans. Bolivians who knows, theyre seen as "illegals" and tend to not be as dispersed around the city, most live close to me and are nice, quiet people.

Boca fans are scum, like the worst people in the world. I say this with no football feeling involved, its a shame that Bolivians get bunched up with them.

my point though was more for this forum, all the Boca posters complain about said racism that doesnt quite reach the surface on the forum, while throwing around homophobic remarks in every post.

11. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Keep spinning, doctor.
    Typical.
    Been to Sao Paolo, probably as many times as you have.

12. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Wikipedia? No. This is something that's known. I've actually spoken about this to at least one BigSoccer Argentine who said he welcomes "Paraguayan and Bolivian brothers."

I have nothing to say about Boca fans being scum. I have nothing against them.

13. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Someone here made my ignore list.
    Population: 1.

chaski repped this.
  14. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Then it'll be water over a duck's back when I tell you to go F yourself...

Don't take blunt butter knives to gun fights. Brah.

15. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    There is slums in every major city. Here in Brooklyn we got bad areas like Bed-Stuy,Brownsville,East Flatbush,East new York etc. Do not act like Argentina is some squeaky clean place with NO problems. Last I checked you guys have vilas-miserias.

16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Tigre should've followed your advice.

Mengão86 repped this.
  17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Don't bother. The guy is a racist troll.

18. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Sad that you have not yet said "Yes, despite the fact that I am an ashamedly blatant Brazil Schill-Bra-schill - the Sao Paolo cops/security made my country look like the jungle lots of people/gringos in the US of A perceive it to be, in their treatment of the Tigre team, players and staff alike.

Say it. We'll be on the same page then.
    We'll rule the world.

19. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Yes, I agree.
    They were outclassed in the first half by a better team. We all knew this.

20. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentinos who are of European descent have a slight feeling of superiority. i live in the Greater Buenos Aires area as opposed to capital so I have a different perspective from others, people are a product of their environments.

well i wouldnt expect you to, but it is what it is.

21. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Same in Brasil.

22. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    hahaha easy for you to say(you must be so brave)

they're were losing 2-0 and they got beat up

imagine if they tied the game up! or worse had they won it!
    put yourself in the Tigre players' place

i guess they could lodge a complaint with Conmebol from the hospital
    or from jail

man in a weird way this might be good - at least the whole world is watching(especially mexicans who idolize these guys) - this is the real thing, this is how they are in real life, this is Brazil, we know them, hopefully you start to believe it now.

23. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You're in no position to make demands of anybody here after your numerous ignorant and racist posts... or after you mocked people because of what they do for a living.

See you in the forums in 2013. I'm sure you'll be rooting for Tigre in the Libertadores, as NOOB won't be there.

24. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    São Paulo has played dozens of Libertadores and Sudamericana games at Morumbi in the past. This has never happened before at our home. Tigre was not interested in continuing the game after they were losing 2-0. They provoked a fight on the pitch, and they provoked a fight in the locker rooms with the security guards. Thus, they justify their egos by stating that they are the aggrieved party. Take a look at comments in El País and see what many Argentines are stating. Ignore the flame wars there as well.

Someone else mentioned Argentine teams winning Libertadores in Brazilian stadiums before.

A few years ago, São Paulo played a final against Palmeiras in their pigsty. Someone known to the Palmeiras staff managed to put a gas canister in São Paulo's locker room. São Paulo players' eyes were tearing up, and they spent the whole half time in the hallway. They came back up and played the second half. They lost. But they lost standing. Then they filed a complaint.

Big teams don't need these tricks to win. It's the little teams that need them. Many Porteños made the trip to São Paulo to support their small team. Couldn't the team play and lodge a complaint?

What bugs me the most is that they told Fox Deportes that they have the videos to prove it. If they do, they can prove that their version is true.

25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You miss the point yet again. You told Kempa not to take blunt butter knives to a gun fight. Well, Tigre shouldn't have picked a fight with somebody if it couldn't win it - not if the return match was going to be in SPFC's stadium.

Boca Jrs trash talked Corinthians in your country and in mine, but it was nowhere as dirty as Tigre and unlike Tigre it actually played soccer. And like Tigre, it drew the first match at home and was outplayed in the 2nd leg.

Nonetheless, you're correct with this post. Tigre was indeed outclassed by a better team.