Copa Sudamericana 2012

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    honestly Im a bit partial because one country produced this song and the other didnt. Therefore ******** you Brazil

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Kinda funny you mention race given there are plenty of blacks in your country... as it is.

3. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Dudes, try to keep it civil.:mad:

The Copa Sudamericana is not worth a flame war.

locoxriver repped this.
  4. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Translation:
    More diplomatic, the vice-president of São Paulo, Carlos Augusto de Barros e Silva, tried to explain what happened.
    "The Tigre players were very nervous and tried to invade the locker room. There were three locker rooms. They were many, our security guards asked for help, and there was conflict", said Barros e Silva.
    José Francisco Manssur, aide to the president of São Paulo, denied strongly that the security guards were armed.
    "No one uses arms. Tigre players tried to invade the locker room during half-time, they wanted to continue the fight, everyone saw who wanted to fight. And our security guards' role is to deny entrance to our locker room to anyone. They only did their work."

5. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentinos are biased but the president of the club is a "diplomatic" source.

SupaMario repped this.
  6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You know, Cigar, here in NYC, I've run into plenty of Argentines doing menial work. I've seen a man in his late 60s/early 70s selling soup for a living in the Wall Street area in a very modest, small street cart with a huge painted sentence, "SOY CANALLA." I've seen waiters, busboys, etc.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that Kempa is indeed working in a restaurant. Why is that something you use as a weapon to denigrate or dehumanize him? Why are you trying to put him down by asserting that he works in something like the Argentines I've seen?

Again, I doubt that Kempa is actually doing what you claim he does in your highly rude and condescending posts (and your posts reveal volumes about your character - you think it's acceptable to use another person's so-called "humble" job to humiliate him). But even if he is... so let's say he's an immigrant who's doing manual labor to get by. Why is this funny to you? And why would it be funny if someone mocked that old man, the Argentine waiters/busboys, some in their 60s, who have served me food when I've gone out to eat?

Were all the immigrants who were the forefathers of today's Argentines, your very forefathers, engineers, lawyers, doctors, professors, and scientists? None did humble manual labor?

All the sports trash talk, soccer rivalry, tonight's events aside ... tell me, Cigar. Why are you using someone's job (and you have absolutely nothing beyond your active imagination and raw speculation) as a means to put him below yourself?

Kempa repped this.
  7. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Racist comments have no place in a forum like this. Don't call me Boy.
    We are trying to debate heatedly but politely. If you want to continue making racist comments, I suggest you go somewhere else.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Probably most famous song out of Brasil since....

9. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sorry, the correct translation should be "more restrained".

I heard everything that the Tigre players and managers said, and I heard the reporters on Fox Deportes repeating their accusations as fact without questioning anything.

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Steazy McLoud may not realize that given Fox Deportes has plenty of Argentines on staff, that they would most definitely sympathize with Tigre.

11. Gilmar

Gilmar Member

May 25, 2012
    Rio de Janeiro
    :facepalm:

What's the relationship between this music and the thread? Argentina also must produce a lot of shit but nobody cares about your country to take notice of it. This talk is getting pointless, I'm out.

12. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Racist and bigoted. How's that?

Stop trying to avoid discussing the topic at issue - corrupt Brazilains cops, unnecessary heavy handedness, beating all those Argentine players.
    You seem to know everything - do you think thosecops/security thugs beat the Argentine players becasue they AREN'T black? How's that for a race-centric discussion?

Look, just admit your Sao Paolo security forces/cops/gorillas were out of hand, went too far, should be ashamed of what they did, and we can end this.

Right, brother?

a clear showing theat city isnb't prepared to host a World Cup.

13. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thank you. In the heat of our passion we might disagree about every issue. Futebol/fútbol tend to exacerbate our passion. I am very passionate about my team and will debate fiercely with Brazilians and non-Brazilians who try to put it down.
    I have worked with Argentines who disprove the stereotype of the "pompous conceited Argentine". They were they nicest people. I believe that every country has good and bad people.

14. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Well, this is quite rich.

You, with your disingenuos moralism, your perpetualy pedantic posts all over BS, calling me out for anything. It's hilarious.

You and Kempa - admit your "people" fu(ked up tonight, handled it all very poorly, with classic Sao Paolo-istas condecension, and this is over. You don't need to hear me anymore.

15. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thusly:

16. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    makes a little more sense.

I dont really ultimately give a shit besides the whole Mundial thing and how itll be there. But something seriously ********ed up had to have happened for a small Argentine club to not play the second half of quite possibly the last final theyll ever make it to. Seeing Brazilians assume it was their fault because they were playing like dickholes, which they had been me cayo mal. It felt too much like men blaming women for getting raped. Especially with how bad the initial details were theres just no reason to jump to a strong Brazilian defense, there just isnt.

17. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    First why the racist comments on a futebol topic. Really though if anybody goes to racist comments it just shows they lack maturity and need name calling as a crutch for their frustration. Hey people hate Brasil. But Haters are going Hate. While you hate us we will keep it moving.

18. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    tryin to lighten the mood, because I kinda assume all Brazilians hate that song too. and well cumbia, but its not exactly unique to Agentina

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You used the word "jungle." Your people often call us "monos," "macacos," and "grones," which is a slang your people use for blacks (negro ----> grone).

On the contrary, I'm not trying to avoid anything, Cigar. You're looking at things as if they happened in a vacuum, and you came out swinging attacking my country and claiming it is corrupt. A few pages ago I wrote a long post which you conveniently ignored, probably because you cannot possibly refute it. In it, I mentioned the dereliction of duty by the Argentine police staff present at La Paternal and at La Plata when Argentinos Juniores and Estudantes da Prata were eliminated from the 2010 Libertadores by Fluminense and Internacional. Why are those incidents different or unrelated to what happened tonight - in the sense that they show things are no better in your country?

Furthermore, when Estudantes and Boca won the 2009 and 2007 Libertadores on Cruzeiro's and Gremio's grounds, the local police left them alone. Why, then, did the La Plata and La Paternal police not protect the players? Why did Estudantes and Argentinos use violence?

If this is a serious post, I have to strain not to laugh, because it shows how absolutely ignorant you are of racial dynamics within Brazil, and it is also a weak attempt to divert the discussion.

If anything, the police in Brazil are often not black the way we often see African-American cops in US cities. Sure, we have plenty of blacks in Brazil, but many are mixed, and given many black Brazilians are poor, they are often the ones who face roughing up by cops. That Tigre's players weren't black had nothing to do with it, and as of right now, we do not yet know for absolutely sure why violence occurred in Tigre's locker room.

I admit only one thing, that I don't have all the facts re: tonight's events which made Tigre not want to return. But as I wrote to SupaMario, you are free to take up a nationalist stance and to concomitantly attack Brazil with your references to fauna - plenty of your compatriots are mocking Tigre for its refusal to come play the 2nd half, and some even agree that they got what they got tonight because of the trash they started last week. One post I saw says "Tigre, característico matonismo argentino. En boca golpearon arteramente; en Brasil no quieren salir ajugar el segundo tiempo. Tigre: El que a hierro mata a hierro muere."

Just as "right" as it is for you to mock South Americans living in the US with your comments about them being "boys" and being your servants. Both Argentines and Brazilians are immigrants to Spain as well, where the locals (whom your people derogatorily call "gallegos") mock both you and us as "sudacas." Please use a bit more wisdom and maturity before putting down an entire country and its overseas residents' jobs. Comments like yours only reinforce the stereotype that Chileans and Colombians have verbalized to me here in America - that you Argentines think everybody is beneath you.

By your logic, police corruption or wanton violence means a city cannot host a World Cup. Cities of South Africa held them quite well. The capital city of your country had a bid to host the Olympics in the 1990s, yet the villa-miserias and the barras, who have access to your teams' senior management and who go basically unpunished (you ARE aware 2012 was a year of many deaths arising from conflicts amongst soccer fans in your country, aren't you?). Would you have the same sentiment if Buenos Aires had held the 2000 or 2004 Olympics?

And oh, the horror - a nation that is mostly black, and actually African (in reference to your "jungle" statement) held the World Cup in the 21st Century before Brazil and before............ Argentina.

20. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    he's not even a Boca fan which makes it surprising. But theyre more big on homophobia.

21. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    What's the matter, Cigar?

Was I wrong in what I said?

Is it OK to you to mock others if their jobs are "humble?"

22. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    How's that racist and bigoted?

Ithink your a pu55y (you are, pretty much), Sao Paolo is a dump, your country is corrupt - and I'm a racist bigot?

Is that you, Patrice Evra?

23. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't see any racist comments, miss interpreting jabs for racist comments now? Really?

25. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I can see how they can be perceived as racist.