Copa Sudamericana 2008 (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by HeartandSoul, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boca and River lost today... But... Argentinos Juniors won 1-0 over Palmeiras at Parque Antártica, take that.

2. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Resultados del miércoles:

Internacional 2- 0 Boca Juniors
    River Plate 1 - 2 Chivas
    Palmeiras 0 - 1 Argentinos Juniors

Es increíble que Boca y Palmeiras se hayan tomado con tan poca seriedad la Sudamericana. Poniendo suplentes prácticamente le regalaron a Inter y a Argentinos Jrs. el paso a semis.:mad:

3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    La culpa es de equipos como Catolica que con 11 titulares no pudieron sacar a esos equipos de la competencia...

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    eso es lo mas raro
    los jovenes de boca parecian muy competitivos a este nivel, inter no esque tenga el mejor de los torneos localmente.
    Pero Palmeiras que es de los mejores en brazil 2008?, no hay como explicarse ese resultado.

lastima que la copa nissan, halla perdido tanto delante de los clubes grandes
    Una razon mas para no invitar tantos brazileros y argentinos, deberian ser 3 de cada pais...al igual que los demas miembros de ConmebOL:rolleyes:

5. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The problem is that the sudamericana coincides with the last stretch of Brasileirao so the Brasilian teams tend to focus on Brasileirao in the hopes of either winning or getting a spot on next year libertadores.

What I really would like to see is the Supercopa Sudamericana back.

Would be really nice to Peñarol,Santos,Independiente,Racing,Estudiantes,Nacional,Boca Juniors,Olimpia,Flamengo,Grêmio,Argentinos Juniors,Colo-Colo,São Paulo,Vélez Sársfield,River Plate,Cruzeiro,Internacional,Vasco da Gama,Palmeiras,Once Caldas, Ldu, Atletico

That would get the clubs motivated and lot's of fans on the stadium.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    thanks for returning with futebol comments only -

you know that all teams that accept the invite to the copa Nissan, know thier schedules ahead of time
    if they interfere with more important, Brasileirao, well....... stay away from copa and allow a team totally commited to compete

we are heading back to the old days of copa ConMebol, the one for 3 and 4th places in local tournaments, that no one watched and disapear soon......

you call for a tournament of champions, but the dates will be the same, and so the Your brasileriao on the way......no real solution, besides, FOX sports and TYC or traffic sports are selling TV rights in the mexican market to mantain the prizes for the teams the way they are now.

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know how's Palmeiras doing on the Brasileirão, however i can tell that Argentinos should be doing better on the Apertura. At first it looked like they were giving priority to the Apertura, but they saw they had a better shot going far on the Sudamericana.

Is this the first victory of Argentinos Juniors in brazilian ground?:confused:

8. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Prohibido relajarse

Estudiantes visitará hoy a Botafogo con el objetivo de alcanzar las semifinales. En el partido de ida, disputado en La Plata, el Pincha se impuso 2-0. Seguí las acciones del juego Minuto a Minuto.

More...

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well Estudiantes and Botafogo tied 2-2(4-2 in aggregate) and Argentinos won 2-0 over Palmeiras(3-0 in aggregate), so the first semi-final clash will be Estudiantes-Argentinos.

Tomorrow the other semi-final clash will be known. By the time being Inter and Chivas have the lead, will Boca and River be able to do a comeback?

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Palmeiras has been playing their reserves. They are focusing on more important things, such as the Brazilian title.

11. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Vamos Inter!!!!!!

12. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, it's Estudiantes-Argentinos and Chivas-Internacional.

I think Argentinos and Estudiantes are even it should be very tough, i think the winner of this one has a good shot on winning it all, however as tough as it could be probably the winner will have a lot of "wounds" for the final.

Internacional-Chivas looks interesting, Internacional probably looks as the strongest semi-finalist, however with Chivas in this cup you could never be sure, Paranaense and River had the qualifying on the bag but Chivas made the comeback(although initially Chivas had a good adventage over River) however things could be different now, i see Internacional being stronger than both Paranaense and River.

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    como boca?

de nada valen las excusas de day after!

es ke estaba borracha y el me.....................
    es ke eran 3 wiskis y el carro no respondio.........ouch

14. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: ¿Y vos de qué querés?

Andrés D'Alessandro se comió una empanada que le cayó mal y se perderá el duelo de este miércoles por la primera semifinal de la Copa Sudamericana, entre Inter y Chivas, en México. ¿El relleno se lo habrá cocinado Mouche?

More...

15. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently D'Alessandro ate something in bad state and will miss the match tomorrow.

16. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    News: D´Alessandro, ídolo en Porto Alegre

More...

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So yeah, Estudiantes won 1-0 and sealed their ticket to the final.

Inter and Estudiantes will be the final clash. Estudiantes will miss Braña on the first leg though.

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well,

I'm glad Estudiantes in the final. Brasil X Argentina should make for a good and entertaining final. Finally the status of this cup may go up some.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I hope Internacional wins. I don't like this team and I don't like some of its fans, but it represents Brazil in a continental cup against an Argentine team. In such a situation, I'm the type who leaves domestic rivalries aside and focus on country first.

I only wonder now, what's the status with the Peruvian soccer federation? Are they going to lose their 2009 Libertadores spots? If so, will both Inter and Estudantes da Prata fill them plus a 3rd club?

The Brazilian press has said Gremio and Internacional have waged a trash talk war on this issue.

20. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Estudiantes holds a streak of 43 unbeaten matches(between cups and league) playing at La Plata's main stadium.

The winner of this year's cup, either one of them will make it the second team that wins this cup that previously won the Libertadores too. Previously Boca only won both, all the others just won the Sudamericana(Cienciano, San Lorenzo, Pachuca and Arsenal).

21. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Interesting trivia. A 43-match unbeaten streak is definitely something to be proud of.

Andres: how good is the current Estudantes da Prata? Some Brazilian editorials are saying Internacional should be viewed as the favorite because it has an overall better team, while Estudantes' strongest point is Juan Veron.

I just searched online and saw they are 7th in your country's championship tournament.

22. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yesterday Estudiantes had an excellent performance with a 3-1 victory over the title contender Tigre. While Estudiantes' key is indeedly Verón they have many good players, although it's true, at times with and without Verón Estudiantes looks like they were 2 different teams(still Estudiantes has overall good players). Got to see if they'll miss Braña against Inter, who's important for Estudiantes' midfield's defense. With or without Verón it should be a very entertaining match. Estudiantes could be a title contender in the league if they would've not let some matches go so easily and if they would've kept their attention off the Sudamericana.

23. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It should be a very good match. Internacional has a strong and effective forward line. Alex is playing his best lately, D'alessandro is always excellent and Nilmar speed allied with his smooth finishing are the main forces on Inter. After that, Guinazu is a warrior running all over the field. Edinho lacks technique but compensates with his effort. Bolivar is a good defender and is being used with good results on the right side. Alvaro is strong on the defense also. Magrao goes forward well and helps to keep the midfield controlled. I think that Inter is stronger collectively based on the two semifinals I've watched. But they are very hard to beat in Argentina, not to mention that they are very fond of creating extra field incidents and fights with Brasilian teams. They have a history on that. Back in Brasil we have a good solid home game and a strong fan base to support the team. It should be really entertaining, the very first decent finals on this cup.

24. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This should be an exciting final, from what I've seen of Estudiantes which includes their league win with Simeone, Angeleri has to be my favorite player and it's inevitable that he'll be playing for a European club. I'd include that he should get called to play for the Argentine national team. Quick on the wing, can defend well, and cuts effectively across the middle. He reminds me of a taller and faster Juan Pablo Sorin.

On another note Estudiantes has a defender by the name of Desabato who when playing for Quilmes was arrested in Brasil after a Copa Libertadores match against Sao Paulo.

25. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Desabato? That guy that called a player monkey and went to jail? Oh man, this final sounds more then promising already.