Copa Sudamericana 2006 results & game comments (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by riverplate, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    a brick?

lol.

while your team is ahead 4-1?

what boneheads.

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What an idiot! noone deserves to get hit like that, i felt bad for that player

Taking that aside Colo Colo is looking really good

3. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Idiocy knows no bounds.

I've seen many objects being thrown on a soccer field... flares, rocks, coins, heck even wheelbarrows...

... but I had never seen idiots do this when their team is winning comfortably, having a spectacular performance and against a team that wouldn't qualify as a classic rival.

I just don't understand. I mean, this is no Boca Juniors... this is Gimnasia, why would they trigger such a response? The Gimnasia fans had their bus shattered by the Garra Blanca before the game even started... there's obviously something going on that the media hasn't covered.

Or they are all just idiots, the most probable answer.

Nevertheless, and taking into account how unexcusable and horrible was the way the game ended, I really think it'd be unfair for CONMEBOL to take the win away from Colo Colo. The players deserve it. The stadium ban is a given, plus a hefty fine.

Effing garra blanca, the scum of the earth.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Nice display by Suazo.

Pitful display by the fans. It was not rocks that were thrown, it was pieces of cement that appears to have chipped off the stadium.

The ref was holding three very large pieces in his hand at the end of the match.

There had already been an earlier incident, yet play resumed as no one was hit the first time around.

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Taking the win away from Colo Colo wouln't be right, yet giving them the win with time left on the clock is also not fair to Gimnasia regardless of have many goals they were down in the scoreline.

What is the possibility that the match is replayed with Colo Colo paying all travel expenses for Gimnasia?

7. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    0%

Colo-Colo is going to get a win but odds are they are going to have at least a one year ban from playing international games in their stadium.

8. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    That will never happen and is absurd for anyone to think that will take place.
    They will most likely get banned from INTL competition, hefty fines and a prolong ban from the stadium.

9. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Never say never.

10. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    Let me reiterate myself ,it was a little wreckless of my part to say never. Due to the circumstancial result, I doubt Conmebol will revert this result due to its big differential gap .

11. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well after the game Conmebol officials said that they would not take the win away from Colo-Colo.

12. Chivin

Chivin Member

Aug 4, 2006
    LA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hate when shit like this happens. The team is broke, winning, and on top of that they'll ban their stadium, just because of the stupidity of a "fan"

13. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    yESSSS indeed and I will add the the as good as Colo Colo played the ref was very much on their side!!!! The first goal came off a phantom foul called against GLP and a clear dive into the box which the ref fell for and awarded that PK to Colo Colo!

On the second goal another Phantom call outside the box lead to a free kick where not only did 4, 5 players seemed to be offsides there was a clear obstruction on the keeper on that play !!!!

Any team who tries so hard and is basically having to not only beat a very good solid team on the road but mistakes by the officials on the road will eventually get hit hard mentally and will get blown out. Its unfortunate what happened to Gimnasia who was playing a very good game up until that 2nd score at the begining of the 2nd half.

I know 3 goals seems like alot but I wouldnt count this team out just yet! Colo Colo is a much different team on the road and the players from Gimnasia should be angry come this second game. A lil hand from a Conmebol favorite official in the 2nd game just like Colo COlo got today and Gimnasia could turn around this game and beat the chilean team by a score of 3-0. Its hard but NOT impossible

14. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    yeah, the 2 goals were questionable but also remember the ref didnt count the goal by Sanchez either, which in replay showed it was a valid goal.
    BTW, the garra blanca are like the hooligans in England, they should get banned or at least give the police the right to stomp on their balls.

Also, they said Suazo was being bought by who? Monterrey or Tigres? id rather him stay in Colo, after this Colo is gonna give up too many good players. They sold Mancilla, Bravos, Valdivia, Fernandez, Suazo, and Sanchez is not theirs....thats a lot to replace

and to puromorelia, i honestly think Colo is weaker at home than away because they attack so damn much, a very fast team could stop them away or home. How is the mexican team, they good?fast?

15. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

dont forget the halftime incident with their President and the ref, in the Boca game WHEN they were winning

16. destruktion

destruktion BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 30, 2006
    Woodland,CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suazo is a good player in no time he should be playing in Mexico. He impressed me with those three goals. Although my team doesn't allow foriegn player's because of tradition I would like to see him play in another mexican team. Remember money talk's.

17. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    If suazo wants to fvk up his career, than why not?

18. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol.

He's going to make more money and play in a team with a greater probability of southamerican protagonism: a mexican one.

how is that effing up your career?

19. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    La CONMEBOL decidió suspender provisoriamente por dos partidos al estadio Monumental de Colo Colo, de Chile, a raíz del grave episodio de violencia ocurrido ayer, en dicho escenario, en el que el jugador Nicolás Cabrera, del club Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata, de Argentina, fue agredido con un proyectil arrojado desde la tribuna local.
    Asimismo, el partido fue dado por finalizado manteniendo el resultado de 4 a 1 a favor del conjunto chileno.
    En la próxima reunión de Comité Ejecutivo de la CONMEBOL se decidirán las sanciones definitivas.
    http://conmebol.com/comunicados_ver.jsp?id=59745&slangab=S

20. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Official result:

Semifinalista #3
    Colo Colo 4 - 1 Gimnasia LP

Next game Oct. 26 at La Plata.

21. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [News] Colo Colo y Pachuca casi sentenciaron su pase a semifinales

El Colo Colo chileno y el Pachuca mexicano casi sentenciaron su clasificación a las semifinales de la Copa Suramericana de fútbol, gracias a sendas goleadas sobre los argentinos Lanús y Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata, respectivamente.

Link To Original Article

22. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Do you remember what I said in the "Conmebol friendlies" thread about the rivalry against argentinos??

Well, this is. Violence against the argie fans, the rivals, etc.
    This isn't the 1rst time that colocolinos do things like this.
    Against COBRELOA in 2003 (in 2 different finals), against la U, etc.

To call them "idiots" is very "light": I'll say CUMAS, DELINCUENTES, FLAITES.

And considering that the object came NOT FROM GARRABLANCA (North galería), but from "kids" sector (north-west), "quiet" fans:eek: :mad: (like in 2003 against us, from south-west; or against la U from east tribuna).

23. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Monterrey.

And yes, I agree a lot of cc fans should be banned forever.:mad:

24. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  25. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good for Monterey, the kid has class and we'll see him in Spain in a couple of seasons.

And to the Colo Colo fans who throw those rocks: FOOOOOOOK YOU