Copa Oro 2019 - Panama vs Jamaica - Junio 30

Discussion in 'Central America' started by nfiniti, Jun 27, 2019.

1. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Copa Oro 2019 - CONCACAF - Cuartos de finales
    Panama vs Jamaica
    Domingo 30 de Junio
    05:30 PM (ET)
    Lincoln Financial Field, Philadephia PA
    Fox Sports 1, Univision Deportes y Univision

2. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
  3. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Well, where do I start? Por donde empiezo?

1st half - So many, so many wasted chances. Arroyo needs to better his shot accuracy, could have done much better on a beautiful pass from Gaby Torres. Then Quintero muffs it, on another beautiful pass from Gaby in the box. A couple other chances that I don't even want to remember. plus we abused with the toque toque, trying to walk the ball into the net. Have to shoot from outside sometimes!!!

2nd half - frustrating. We supposedly rotated players vs USA just so we could have fresh legs in this game. Didn't look so in the 2nd half. A lot of plays started off well and just ended bad because some we're not playing with enough force, or would stop running, or would hesitate, or etc etc. Then the senseless centers over and over again, like JAMAICA'S PLAYERS ARE TOWERS and we are not, should have kept the ball on the ground like in the 1st half (tho we did abuse the toque toque, it was working).

Anyways, I still believe Julio Dely (and his brother Jorge) need to be let go. Yes, good wins vs Curacao and T&T, but he repeated a lot of his coaching mistakes from his last go-around, like
    1. calling up players that have no business being on the team at the moment (Sanchez and Pimentel are trash in the local league, meanwhile Galvan and Palacios was their 1st call up),
    2. no in-game adjustments,
    3. very late subs,
    4. and playing the friendlies with only local league players (yes, most of the abroad-players did not play in the friendlies)

The federation can't act like we don't have $$$ to spend on a good tecnico, we just went to a World Cup barely a year ago (but of course, as we all know, the money's been pocketed already).

Good things -
    1. Armando Cooper, very amazed how he's adapted from attacking mid to dmid, he's become a very good 2-way player (but he is on the older side, so don't know how long that will last).
    2. Fidel Escobar - showed he can play d-mid well, and that booming free kick is lethal (the goals will start dropping soon, his accuracy is just slightly off). I still think he needs to work on his motor (seems he like tires out at times). I'm glad to know we can play him at centre-back or dmid and he'll do it well.
    3. Fajardo - Tho he didn't score, he knows how to use his big frame to hold up the ball, and knows how to move in space and get open.
    4. Browne - this man was putting in some lethal on-point passes to Fajardo. I see him taking over Quintero's spot very soon (hopefully Dely or the new tecnico sees this also)
    5. Barcenas - nothing to say here, he's our best at the moment. and praying Oviedo really does buy out his contract 100%