Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Feb 3, 2015.

1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I see how my comments could be offensive to a Bolivar supporter, no worries. I actually feel that Villegas wasn't given a fair shot, probably because he's Bolivian. I would have liked to see him with more time to develop the team the way he wanted. For now let's hope Insua turns it around, if not as Fuego said he should quit!!

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Villegas doesn't and no coach deserves more time for the job than a season especially when you coach bolivar.

3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well then I hope they get rid of Insua if he coms up empty handed.

4. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Both teams out of Libertadores, both teams fired their coaches, both teams relegated with no chance to win the current league (Wilsterman already has it in the bag). Bad season for our 2 biggest teams.

5. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So now that the Mexican teams aren't participating in this edition of Copa Libertadores is Fox broadcasting any games. I really want to see La U de Sucre vs Montevideo Wonderes next week anybody have info???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fox has an exclusive contract to televise Copa Libertadores games, regardless whether Mexican clubs play or not. That being said, they do seem to favor televising Mexican clubs over other clubs in their U.S. region; and in the earlier stages, they often show the games on a tape delay or they don't bother showing them at all. Fortunately, that seems to be the case for the Sucre game as it doesn't appear it'll show at all in the U.S but I'm sure you can watch it on the rojadirecta . me site.

7. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    For those who care. They will show the U vs Montevideo Wonders game today, it will be ok the fox soccer app. I don't have the app but summers in Arlington will stream it on one of there TV's.
    For the team la U signed like 7 players. I hope they are not doing like Wilsterman did a couple of years ago and play with 6 foreign players. I really like la U because Vega has developed a bunch of players. However they need the money, they are one of the most inexpensive teams and modest rosters and it has worked for them in the past making into the knockout phases of both Copa Libertadores and sudamericana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fox has 2 apps; one being FoxSportsGo and the other one being FoxSoccer2Go. I believe the one you are referring to is the second one, which requires a paid subscription exclusively for that app. Not sure if you knew that and if you did, my bad; I just wanted people to know that it wasn't a free app in case they thought that. That being said, if you have access to Fox Sports Español for your tv service, then you should be able to watch these games for free on an app, especially if they decide to show a non-live programming at that time on TV. That's BS if you ask me.

I don't recall the U making it to the knockout phase but if you said they did, that's awesome especially when having a modest roster. I'm glad they got of Sucre with a win but those 2 away goals sucks! Still, a win at home no matter the outcome is better than a tie at home. It's gonna be an tought battle this Friday. I hope they get in and play The Strongest in all out Bolivian home and away series!

9. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  10. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I believed you... again, that's awesome!! Hopefully they can get a good result on Friday and then eliminate The Strongest ;). All kidding aside, I hope they do make it so that Bolivia is guaranteed 3 clubs in the Group Stage. Vamos Universitario! Vamos Bolivia!

11. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Great game by The Strongest last night, good to have three teams in the group stage! Although our league remains very poor, in the last couple of years we've been improving in international tournaments.

I think The Strongest has the best chance to make it out of the group stage, other than Santos their group is not that bad and they're also the best of the 3 Bolivian teams.

Sport Boys' group, is a little tougher with Atletico Mineiro and Libertad, but SB does have a decent team and seem to be improving in la liga.

Wilstermann is in the toughest group of the 3 with Palmeiras and Peñarol, and it doesn't help that they're sucking in la liga.

I predict The Strongest makes it to the next stage and both Wilstermann and Sport Boys end third in their groups and join Copa Sudamericana's 2nd round.

atsegnorts repped this.
  12. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have to go back to work but this first half from Wilsterman is amazing. They are counterattacking and being effective. They are very effective. Too bad all that controversy reference their Manager. The team seems to be well worked tactically. 3-0. I hope they score more in the second half. So far so good on all fronts with Bolivians playing in international tournaments. C'MON WILSTERMANN!!!

13. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    6-2!!!! Shocking, I saw the highlights and it looked like Peñarol was on their way of turning the game around. Credit to Wilstermann kept their heads cool except for Rios. Who has always been a hot-head. I have always liked Rios he is a solid striker since his days with Bolivar. I hope our good luck carries on this week with both Sport Boys tonight and TS tomorrow.

14. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Offsides... for me that offsides. It's a shame so close but Wilstermann did it to them self. They had a golden opportunity to shock the world. When you don't score be prepared to be scored on. I don't know much about DT Mosquera but he has this team playing tight compact team defense. Machado played awesome so did Zenteno. I hope he is well after that nasty injury. Tomorrow is another day. C'MON TS!!!!

15. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    mosquera in one of the best coaches peru has, dispite his bad time at alianza. for mot reynos and mosquera are the two coaches with most potential.

he usually attacks everywhere he goes de local o visita im sure if he keeps this he will take the 9 point at home

16. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If they keep playing solid D, I think they actually have a decent shot to make. If they manage to get a tie in Tucuman and win the 2 more games at home, it's doable.

17. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Is it just me or are we finally learning to get rid of the inferiority complex that plagued our teams when playing abroad? I saw last night's game between Sport Boys and the score did not reflect AT ALL what happened. They could have easily walked away with a win or a tie, and Mineiro was against the ropes until those three consecutive goals, mostly goalie fails.

18. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's not just you bro... I think it's great and it may just be me or, correct me if I'm wrong, it may just be the hinchas who live here in the states but I'm rooting for each team to do well even, dare I say it, The Strongest... based on the comments I see in social media the hinchas who live in Bolivia are hoping the other clubs fail miserably.

I'm not here to judge (to each his own) but outside our country, we should stick together because each club's success outside will always be a positive... now, I understand that in other leagues (i.e. Argentina) some do root for the othrr clubs to lose but those clubs are already, if you will, "established" and have succeeded in outside competition already so at least wait until most of our clubs do the same before we start wishing the worst for them. Anyway, that's what I think.

Speaking only about sports, maybe this is just a "american" way of thinking... or maybe it's just me. One of the many benefits of having many clubs have outside success is that both more foreign and Middle Eastern bound Bolivian players would want to play here and thus, attract more audiences starting from fans to media to sponsors, which would generate money to pay those players. And more importantly, our futbol would be become much better because we'll have more experience playing outside and younger generations will become better players, thus having a greater core of players on the NT. I, at first didn't like the idea of not allowing a club qualify for both tournaments but I think this will help our league in the long run because more clubs will get more experience of playing outside. This of course will help other leagues as well and speaking of that, not only have I seen this success in our clubs but in the least successful clubs in other leagues as well. There has been more parity in both this years' cups than before and because it's not only happening in our league, I wonder if it's partially due to the change in format of the cups (longer timeframe).

Changing the subject, does anyone know why Azkargorta took out Tenorio almost halfway through the game? I hope it wasn't because he thought they had the game under control. I know our clubs have been having success outside but we shouldn't get cocky. Knowing El Bigotón, he might have but I'm probably way off. If El Demoledor had stayed, I think the outcome would've been very much different.

19. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Me too. I cheer for all of them, because if they do well, we as a country improve. I never got those people who would rather see a foreign team beat a bolivian squad, just because they are rivals in our bolivian league. And I know many.