Copa Libertadores 2018

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by HomietheClown, Jan 13, 2018.

1. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m keeping both since I need Fanatiz for Boca/River (with Chile a nice bonus) and I need matchpass for the champions league/fa cup/Bundesliga games that are on fs plus or matchpass exclusives. With fox losing CL and probably fa cup next season, I’ll reevaluate. Commentary does nothing for me. If anything, I prefer no commentary.

2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think it has to do with the limited rights that the US FOX Deportes channel has for those games that are broadcasted at the same time and/or overlap other games. In Latin American countries, FOX Deportes has additional channels (like ESPN) to broadcast additional games that overlap and I guess US FOX Deportes only has commentary rights to that particular game in their respective channel and not in the other "International" channels. The reason I think this is because during the games, when they do promotion for upcoming games, you see FOX Deportes 2 and FOX Deportes 3 next to some games that will overlap.

What I would've suggested you do is that you watch the game on matchpass muted while you sync it up with the commentary from the same game being streamed on YouTube, RojaDirecta, or something like that but you have Fantiz so you're all good.