Copa Libertadores 2018

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Century's Best, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, he refered towards centurion with provocative personal words....

Perez was ain idiot, he have played two world cups and made that ......said that was a revenge because a tweet of centurion in the wc, mocking the argentienian nt

2. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazilian TV program saying CONMEBOL wanting to copy Champions League Final with single game, is like someone having the living room all cladded in marble, while there is lack of toilet paper in the bathroom.

3. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    at the end of this video, around 9:10, a few Grêmio and Estudiantes players greet each other when leaving the field.

there is hope of civility for the Libertadores

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I remember some brasilians posters here saying that they should asked tom play with concacaf and not more with conmebol.......because brasilians was so classy to play against the south americans...

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Because those two teams came to play and nothing else. I'm sure there were moments when tempers flared, but at the end, there was a clear winner. No one got cheated. The game was played fairly and there were no controversial calls. At the end of the PK shootout, your team scored more times and that's all that mattered.

The Libertadores can be a tournament marked by civility, but things need to be done right. Not all parties involved have this attitude, and that's the problem.

6. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #131 AcesHigh, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    0-2 win against Tucuman at their home. But just as we did the job there, they will want to come to Porto Alegre and win here. It will be a difficult match and I hope the players won´t lose the concentration thinking "we are winning by 2, it will be easy"

--------------------------------------------------

VAR must soon be used in local leagues, only if to make players get USED to it.

The Tucuman player who got red carded for stepping over Alisson... did he completely forgot VAR? The ref did not even need to replay it... saw it once on VAR, already made his mind. Too obvious.

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Núñez thought he was going to get away with that. I’ve seen players, Brazilian and otherwise, get straight reds in Libertadores matches for fouls far less violent than his.

8. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    You brazilians again with your eternal victim complex... the tucuman player clearly didn't mean to step on the Gremio player, he was just going after the ball and steped by accident.

Yes, it's a red because he harmed the opponent player, but there wasn't any intention of "getting away with it" or something like that lol.

Also, where was the anti-brazil bias when my team was robbed against Corinthians home and away in the group stage?

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    GTFO ... that looked perfectly avoidable. Looks definitely intentional.

10. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1 - All teams in the galaxy are robbed against Corinthians. Brazilian clubs are robbed against Corinthians at least twice every year in the national league. Sometimes more if they face Corinthians at the Brazil Cup. If they are from São Paulo state, they are also robbed in the São Paulo State League when facing Corinthians.

2 - the tucuman player clearly didn't mean to step on the Gremio player, he was just going after the ball and steped by accident.

ROFLMAO. Good thing I was not drinking anything, or my monitor would be a mess by now.

Let's see... Tim Vickery who covers all of South America, thinks it was on purpose.

The reaction video from the english dude also shows he clearly thinks it was on purpose.
    @6:10

and VAR called straight away and the ref needed a SINGLE LOOK at VAR to see it was on purpose.

That said, I don´t see it as brazilian victim complex (you are the one invoking some victim complex here, saying the ref and VAR made a mistake as it was supposedly "an accident")

My post was exactly that the player did on purpose forgetting VAR was being used.

And that will certainly happen with brazilian players too. Too used to do nasty things when the ref is not looking. Now they will get caught. But until they learn, may take a while.

11. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    #136 pipinogol, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    You misread my post maybe? I did say it was correctly a red card because it's a very harmful action, what I disagree with you in is that it wasn't intentional to me. The Tucumán player never looks where his opponent was, he is eyeing the ball all the time.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He definitely didn't stomp, but I think it was 100% avoidable. Not like he lost his balance and couldn't avoid contact.

13. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    he clearly stretched his leg earlier than necessary to stamp, not stomp, the Grêmio player he had already fouled.

oldest trick in the history of football, jump over a player on the ground and stretch your leg a little earlier than necessary to hit him.

and what a LIAR to say the Tucuman player never looked where Alisson was. You stop the video at 6:20, the Tucuman player is looking DIRECTLY down!!!

And you don´t even need that. The leg movement is COMPLETELY unnatural. When he jumps, his forward momentum would clearly carry him past the player on the ground and he quickly stretches down a leg to give a stamp...

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Cruzeiro just screwed with that red card on Dede ... with VAR. Now that's messed up.

15. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Yes, but shouldn't distract from the fact that Cruzeiro played terrible.

Also the boca goalie will have to go surgery from broken jaw and will be out for a long time.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why are you bringing up two completely irrelevant points ?

Playing badly or not , perhaps with 11 they don’t concede second goal and go home with a more manageable score.

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This after I wrote I have seen Brazilian and non-Brazilian players get red-carded for less violent plays. Pay attention.

I disagree. He knocked him down by slapping him on the shoulder/nape of the neck first and then tried to be clever by stepping on him.

Nothing to lol about.

Corinthians was the recipient of bad calls in two group stage matches against Cary RailHawks U23? o_O:confused:

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Cruzeiro did not play terrible, but even if it had played its worst match this season, the quality of a visiting team's performance has no relation to a singular play followed by a very poor refereeing decision.

Which no one with a minimum of rationality and decency would disagree is very regrettable. As bad as that is, what happened was not intentional. Soccer is a contact sport and at times heads collide, bodies collide. Dedé did not intend to strike the face of Esteban Andrada with the purpose of causing injuries.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    What should not take place here is to make this some kind of "you people[nationality]" issue. The rivalries in CONMEBOL will always exist, but the fact that the sports press in Argentina was stunned at what it considered (correctly) a poor decision by the referee shows that however tragic the injuries Andrada suffered, that this wasn't deliberate and hence unworthy of a red card. (Even some Boca players supposedly asked Dedé why he was being red-carded.)

Attached Files:

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Andrada is out for two months after that...

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pretty unfortunate.

22. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dedé was careless at most. But once in the air, you can't do nothing. Had the goalkeeper jumped with the two hands in front, it would be him knocking Dedé out. It would also not be a reason for a red card, nor it would be a penalty.

It was a normal but unfortunate and strong collision.

By Pipino's logic, Kannemann and Leo (if I remember correctly), both from Grêmio, who jumped at the same ball and had a nasty head collision...

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    which logic???

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #149 argentine soccer fan, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    I think at this point, considering that in the play a poor guy's face was broken and he probably won't play for months, to argue about whether the card issued may have been too harsh sounds a bit petty. But yeah, I think the card was too harsh, because Dede came on hard, but the intent to go at the player apparently wasn't there. Dangerous play free kick and a yellow, maybe.

At any rate, it was a very good win by Boca against a very good team. They were ahead and playing better before the incident. Hopefully the two goals provide enough margin to survive in Brazil.

pepinointer repped this.
  25. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    If we're going to link the two issues in such a way that Cruzeiro's claim the referee made a bad decision is made to look petulant given what your goalkeeper suffered, that's essentially emotional manipulation. However regrettable what happened to him, it was unintentional. That players in your team and your country's sports press themselves questioned the fairness of the expulsion highlight my point.

Additionally, when very questionable calls occur that can exert a very negative impact on a team's performance in the follow-up match, that shouldn't be seen as petty.

Dedé was last red-carded in 2010. He is not a dirty and violent player.