Copa Libertadores 2017

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SiempreCrema, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'm in South America lads. Thank goodness

dapip repped this.
  2. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    You mean like through Rojadirecta?

Heaven help us.

dapip repped this.
  3. Willito

Willito Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    F you Fox Deportes for catering only to f ng mexicans. You suck and I hope you lose tons of subcriptions.

Emperor Adriano, Dominican Lou and Doogs repped this.
  4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    absolutely useless channel.

5. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    According to livesoccertv. com foxsoccer to go will broadcast the libertadores cup in the USA. IT's an app but you have to pay for it, as I am concerned.

6. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    1ra pre-fase:

Universitario de Sucre(BOL) 3 Montevideo Wanderers(URU) 2
    Dep.Capiatá(PAR) 1 Dep.Táchira(VEN) 0
    Dep.Municipal(PER) 0 Independiente del Valle(ECU) 1 (en el descanso)

7. BMxJoga

BMxJoga Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Most games are on YouTube these days, at least for Peruvian teams.

8. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Based on that performance, Independiente Del Valle are making it no further than that. Olimpia should win rather easily. Municipal were good but not extraordinary and almost won in Sangolqui and also dominated the first leg.

Its a shame. Del Valle last season were a joy to watch, now they have these players who miss several chances and have more dodgy haircuts than actual footballing ability.

9. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
  10. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I think Cerro will beat Union Española over the 2 legs. I've seen some really good Uruguayans come from that team and think they'll show a lot more than Montevideo Wanderers did. Not saying they'll make the groups but I think they should at least beat Union Española.

11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Junior are such a boring side. They're like a losing version of Santa Fe.

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Cerro lost to Union Espanola and 'boring' Junior beat Carabobo in Vzla. 0 for 0 so far for you... :p
    But truly, my thoughts about Atl Junior and pretty much any ofthese 1st round matches is that most teams are pretty rusty and boring from the get go--new players, new coaches, etc., and then suddenly thrust into an int'l 2 games and possibly go home makes for some very conservative approaches. Local leagues are just getting going and it's going to take some time for teams to gel and show that cohesiveness. Teams are going to be super cautious. It took 1 counterattacking play for Junior to take the 3 points home. Not pretty but surely effective in their bid to make it to the next round of qualification.

13. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
  14. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Why is it branded as CONMEBOL Libertadores? No more Copa there?

I saw Botafogo - Colo Colo game. Astonishing number of mistakes by both sides' defenders, big mistake by ref when he didn't award Colo a penalty in last minutes, obvious handball by home side defender.

Pedro Morales (former Dinamo player) should be a great addition to Chilean side. :thumbsup:

15. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Independiente del Valle just defeated Olimpia (1-0), who looked like third level team from my town facing first level team. Not a single opportunity in 90 minutes, not a single play that would show some idea, they looked like they see each other for the very first time. Disgraceful 90 minutes of football, I would have better used it if I went to bed before it started. Hosts also seem to be far away from what they shown last season, clearly, as they sold lots of players and coach departed to - Olimpia. Whoever wins this tie won't go to group stage.

locoxriver repped this.
  16. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    We just beat Capiata 3-1 in Paraguay. I have questions over the performance, but we got the win and that's important to take back to Lima. A few notes

- The lineup was a mess no matter how we look at it. I can understand Vargas still being a central midfielder but Aguirre shouldn't start. Neither should Estrada, never mind playing him out of position. Those 2 were the worst players on the pitch. All of Capiata's attacks were coming from Aguirre's side and against stronger opposition, we'll be punish. The defence was fine though.

- Good game from Galliquio despite him being at fault for Capiata's goal. Solid overall and I think he should be a starter at least for now. He was our best defender who played it out of defence. The others seemed to struggle.

- The midfield needs Arquimedes Figuera. Vargas was alright, but Mendoza a disaster as usual. Misplaced passes and a giant hole in the midfield that made it hard to play out of defence. Hopefully Figuera is a fix to this issue. Been a problem for a good while.

- I was harsh on Carlos Caceda on the Peruvian forum a few days ago. He's not a bad keeper, but he's nothing special like some sometimes make him out to be. He's a keeper who knows how to make saves, but his goal kicks and rushing out is atrocious. Comunication is also a bit poor. Good for Peru, but that's it.

- For those who keep crying that Guastavino should start, Diego Manicero proved yet again that he's the clear starting option. Superb game from him and also scored a nice goal.

- Good game from Alexi Gomez but his weaknesses showed. Selfish and ill disciplined.

Hopefully we have a solid game at home, otherwise I think we'll be going out to Paranaense or Millos.

17. lucasmaopoa

lucasmaopoa New Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Porto Alegre, Brasil
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    por que não inscrevem em espanhol?

18. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dios mio, Tucuman! :ROFLMAO:

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Funny to see Millonarios play in Barranquilla last night...
    ...wait a minute, it was Junior with a bunch of ex Millonarios players. :p:D

dapip repped this.
  20. fero

fero Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Argentina
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The match started 90 minutes later of programed.

21. calixtoj

calixtoj Member+

Oct 30, 2011
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Tucuman should be disqualified. Why are there rules if they are not gonna follow them?

22. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I was waiting to see what would happen but I fell asleep. When I woke up - 0-1.

Watching Millionarios - Paranaense, home team dominates the field, 15 minutes to go is 1-1 on aggregate. I hope Colombian team goes through.

23. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Universitario will play against Atletico Paranaense if they finish off the tie against Capiata today.

I saw Paranaense live in 2014 when they came here to play against La U and honestly they were garbage. I sincerely hope not much has changed.

24. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    They were garbage last night. I am against extra-time in football, but it should've been played last night :D to eliminate that crap from Brazil. They really did not deserve to go to next stage.

25. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Sounds like not much has changed. I also consider that they play with a lone striker who is a 7829 year old Grafite who probably couldn't score past Cultural Santa Rosa now.

I won't make any predictions though. I'll be at our game tonight and honestly I want to win on the night. The tie should be done and dusted but we'd do ourselves good by taking the match 100% seriously anyhow. If we don't then I'll have huge doubts over the next stage.