Copa Libertadores 2013

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bien Huachipato, totalmente inesperado que muy muy bien :) Nery Veloso volvió a demostrar porque fue considerado un gran arquero en un momento.

JAIME CHILE and MetroChile repped this.
  2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Que yo recuerde en el último tiempo, no se me viene a la mente un momento en el cual la hinchada de Colo Colo haya levantado al equipo al punto de revertir un resultado adverso. Quizás estabas pensando en la decada de los 90s?

3. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ahora sólo amenzana y raptan a los jugadores.

4. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    ¿Cuántos dólares/euros se gastó el Gremio en contratar a tantos jugadores a los que sólo les queda el nombre, pero que futbolísticamente fueron incapaces de empatarle en su propio país a uno de los 3 PEORES EQUIPOS DE CHILE EN LA ACTUALIDAD como Huachipato?

Felicitaciones a Huachipato por este triunfo histórico para ellos en Brasil, especialmente a Veloso, a Contreras, a Labrín, a Muñoz, a Crovetto, a Sandoval y a Rodríguez.

Este domingo volverán a su realidad, con una nueva derrota a manos de Cobreloa:cool:

5. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Tablas:

Grupo 1:
    1. Toluca(MÉJ) 3
    2. Barcelona(ECU) 1
    -------------
    2. Nacional(URU) 1
    4. Boca Jrs.(ARG) 0:eek:

Grupo 4:
    1. Peñarol(URU) 3 +1 2g
    2. Emelec(ECU) 3 +1 1g
    -------------
    3. Iquique(CHI) 0 -1 1g
    4. Vélez Sarsfield(ARG) 0 -1 0g:eek:

Grupo 7:
    1. Newell's old boys(ARG) 3 +2 3g
    2. Universidad de Chile(CHI) 3 +2 2g
    --------------------
    3. Olimpia(PAR) 0 -2 1g
    4. Lara(VEN) 0 -2 0g

Grupo 8:
    1. Huachipato(CHI) 3 +1 2g:eek:
    2. Fluminense(BRA) 3 +1 2g
    ------------------
    3. Gremio(BRA) 0 -1 1g:eek:
    4. Caracas(VEN) 0 -1 0g

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Throwing a bunch of all-stars into a roster doesn't make it into a well-oiled machine overnight.

Boca Juniors' market value, in Brazilian Reais, is 144.4 million. I speculate Toluca's market value is less. Yet Toluca calmly came back from a 0-1 deficit and a wasted PK to masterfully win at Boca's stadium - and the Toluca is currently ranked 15th in the Torneo Clausura of Mexico. Above it are teams famous from the northern border w/ Arizona and Texas all the way to Tierra del Fuego for their continental copeira tradition: Morelia, Queretaro, and Puebla (sarcasm intended). Granted, Toluca did win the last Torneo Apertura, but rankings-wise, Toluca is one of the four worst teams in Mexico's first division.

Grêmio definitely has an uphill battle now as it visits Fluminense in Rio for its next Libertadores engagement, but don't count them out yet. The Copa has just begun.

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Keep in mind that some teams lose focus on their league just to make a good role in the Libertadores. Happens all the time, in particular with teams with a small squad. So no reason to be surprised teams that are doing badly on their league sometimes start better than the favorites.

8. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
  9. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The Strongest(BOL) 2 Arsenal(ARG) 1
    Goles de Alejandro Chumacero(TS), Darío Benedetto(A) y Luis Melgar(TS).

Tabla grupo 3:
    1. The Strongest(BOL) 3 +1 2g:eek:
    1. Atlético MG(BRA) 3 +1 2g
    --------------
    3. Sao Paulo(BRA) 0 -1 1g:eek:
    3. Arsenal(ARG) 0 -1 1g

Palmeiras 2 Sporting Cristal 1
    Goles Henrique(P), Carlos Lobatón(SC, de penal) y Patrick M.Vieira(P).

10. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Solo vi el GOLAZO de Chumita!!

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  11. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think you're mixing up Toluca with recent Mexican winners Tijuana. Toluca in the Mexican division has easily been one of the best in quite some time.

12. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Disgusting? Yes

Still doesn't excuse the fact that he's an a$$, and you'll find those everywhere in the world.

For anyone that hasn't noticed. The 2010 final of the Libertadores ended in a fight. The 2011 final ended in a fight, the 2012 Sudamericana final ended at HALF TIME due to a fight.......The common denominator is that each of those finals involved Brazilian teams. Should I blame Brazilians for causing that? Of course not.
    Should I blame Mexicans, Argentines, and Uruguayans? Definitely won't either. I don't find the need or see the reason to start blaming specific countries for this sort of behavior when these incidents transcend national borders.

MetroChile and RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Scroll down to "Tabla General."

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Um, I didn't blame any nationalities. I simply stated the facts as to how Chivas' players were unnecessarily and wrongfully treated at that stadium, all the more by the person who was the coach of the local team and as such should have set an example of sportsmanship.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Toluca es un Diablo Viejo. Equipo de tradición.

En copas internacionales, la tradición pesa, y el nombre vale. Boca como que se esperabe otro equipo mediopelo como León o Xolos. En México, Chivas, Pachuca, Toluca, América son equipos antiguos. A los viejitos se les respeta.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  16. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I wouldn't look too much into their current slump, they regularly are very competitive and appear in the final stages of the Mexican tournie.

17. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No, you didn't explicitly blame nationalities . My responses are more directed toward the other posters that perceived your original post in a certain way and immediately started pointing fingers.

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    And that's why I noted that Toluca is the reigning champion of Mexico's league - my point was that if current league rankings are that a categorical for a team's caliber, as you alluded to re: Huachipato's win in Porto Alegre, then Toluca being the fourth worst ranked team in Mexico's top division right now should make Boca and its fans feel all the worse for their defeat at home against Toluca.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Well, I don't respond for them. I did writer earlier I love mixing up meats and beers during the summer and I had a friendly experience w/ an Argentine man who gave me a blood sausage sandwich. And earlier on I wrote a post that was positively repped by an Argentine poster here - a post in which I said that the ugly shenanigans that at times we see involving Argentine teams does not reflect the entirety of that country's soccer tradition.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hecho en Mexico and Santista1962 repped this.
  21. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From the same article:

RiverGaucho repped this.
  22. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Message from the Moderator

This forum is for civil discussion.
    If you want to insult other posters and other cultures, then the World Rivalries Forum is the place for you. Here is the link--
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/forums/world-rivalries.160/

Please don't come back here until you have decided to change your behavior.

HeartandSoul and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    While I do agree that Argentina overall has a much higher level of racism compared to other South American countries, you can't group all Argentines on the same boat.

Candia himself said he played in Argentina for 5 years and never had that happen to him before. And as far as Urruti, I'm sure he will get his when he goes to Paraguay for the return leg, the Olimpia hinchas will eat him alive.

locoxriver and RiverGaucho repped this.
  24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Y, a lo mejor tiene razón. Yo soy medio Argentino, y mi mujer me dice que soy un animal en la cama.

BTW, if anyone wants to watch the games, the archive in RojaDirecta is going to be complete this year. Los que saben, saben como llegar allí. No les gusta que se les enlace.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    unclesox repped this.