Copa Libertadores 2013 (Finals) [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Jul 11, 2013.

?

¿Quién será el Campeón de la C.Libertadores 2013?

1. Atlético-MG(BRA)

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Olimpia(PAR)

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Not as much shame as watching your team not make it out of the first round of the Libertadores two years in a row.

Atlético Mineiro campeão da Libertadores.

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Your team was in a hotel with soundproof rooms.

The referee helped your team in previous occasions in the tournament.

If the sending off was justified, that's not Atlético Mineiro's problem.

And go ahead and ambush Atlético Mineiro fans the next time you play them. They will do the same when the return match takes place in Belo Horizonte.

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Me encantó esta Final, pese a que Olimpia no atacó mucho incluso estando con 11 en cancha (ya con 10 el partido fue unilateral) y jugó al límite del reglamento.
    Como corrió Ronaldinho Gaúcho, hace años que no lo veía correr tanto.
    Muy bien expulsado Manzur, pero el árbitro manchó su noche al no hacer repetir el 1er penal de Olimpia (Víctor se adelantó 2 metros).
    Ganó el que atacó más, pero se farrearon varias (la de Jo fue increíble).
    Y el tipo de Olimpia que se iba sólo y se resbala...para no creer, pero bueno.

Impresentable Niembro y sus comentarios antibrasileños. Que se vaya a su casa de una buena vez y le deje el micrófono a un comentarista imparcial. Quería que ganara Olimpia la Copa, pero gracias a los comentarios para la risa de Niembro terminé apoyando a Atlético-MG, como todos los que estábamos en el pub.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Even Argentines on canchallena said this about Niembro. Even Mariano Closs isn't that annoying.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  5. Dward1

Dward1 Member

May 29, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was brilliant competition, effort, and atmosphere. not a game of the highest skill or quality but incredibly memorable. this was my first time to follow the Libertadores and it has many of the things that are best about the game: the players will to win is higher here than almost anywhere else (World Cup or occasional WC qualifiers, mainly in Africa) and the fans and atmospheres are incredibly charged. yes there are lots of problems (refs, violence, etc) but it's got more of what drew me, as an American who didn't care about soccer til a year ago, than any other tournament/league I've seen.

6. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you kidding me? We always do! Hell, i bet he's more despised here in Argentina than in any other country. (pretty obvious, but just to let you know)

This guy is unbearable. Imagine sitting through his comments on Champions League games and, the worst, World Cup games...

Closs is alright on his job. They've been pairing him up with Latorre sometimes, who is a fine commentator. Eventually, that'll be the duo, but I think Niembro is high up in Fox, so if he wants to he'll keep on torturing us.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Closs is better. He does offer pointed soccer commentary. In Niembro's defense, when he wants to be professional, he can make solid comments about the game.

But another reason Closs is more fun to listen to is his unique diction.

"GAAAAL DE BRASIL!"

"Ronaldinha! D'atala! Rabinha! Adriana! D'alessandra! Sañaras y sañares, aqui está Newell’s Old Boys, el campeán del fútbal argentina!”

Not to mention his penchant to get melodramatic. When Argentina played Brazil in Rosario in 2009, after Jesus D'atolo scored, he was foaming at the mouth as he delighted in your team's goal. "En nombre de Jesus, en nombre de Argentina, apareció D’atolo para salvarle a la Argentina!"

Sandinista and JAIME CHILE repped this.
  8. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sorry, untrue.

Really? Name a time, aside from a few bad calls against Santa Fe..where there were also bad calls against us including a goal that never crossed the line for Santa Fe.

lol as if they wouldn't ambush us anyways. Mineiro and their fans where treated pretty well for the most part in their time in Asuncion and what we got in return was an absolute disgrace so yes you better believe they will be given hell if they ever go back.

If your proud of the way Mineiro won this then go ahead because like I said, despite losing I'm more proud of the way we lost then I would have been if we had won the way Mineiro did.

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    While it was not as blatant as with Carlos Amarilla's grotesque errors that benefited Boca Juniors in the return match against Corinthians, there were 2 calls that contributed to your team's passage to the semifinals.

Referee Daniel Fedorczuk "saw" Digão foul Bareiro and granted your team a PK, which Salgueiro converted to then place Olimpia 2-1 over Fluminense. That was not a PK. And, with 15 minutes left in the second half, Samuel was in Olimpia's box when he was tackled and the Olimpia player who brought him down made NO contact w/ the football - a clear PK. Even with the earlier error in favor of Olimpia, if Fedorczuk granted Fluminense the PK and Fluminese scored, Olimpia would have now been under serious pressure to score a third goal.

Let's not forget that unlike the first match in Rio de Janeiro, your team's players used violent fouls to disrupt Fluminense's rhythm, but Fedorczuk was quite happy to let Olimpia foul away. Some of your team's players later admitted Olimpia had a tactic to "rotate" fouls on Fred.

Manzur was correctly sent off; he had a previous yellow. If you have issues with this, then present evidence as to why Manzur's ejection was undeserved. Playing with fewer men happens as it's part of the game. If Manzur committed two fouls worthy of yellow cards, that's Olimpia's problem, not Atlético Mineiro's. Had Atlético Mineiro had a man sent off and correctly so, would that have been Olimpia's problem?

What refereeing mistakes helped Atlético Mineiro?

As I wrote yesterday, an Atlético Mineiro fan suffered a serious leg injury in Paraguay. Some Atlético Mineiro were extremely angry - you cannot expect them to do nothing. Or are you saying Olimpia fans would've done nothing if one of its fans had been assaulted and shot in the leg or incurred a leg fracture in Brazil?

You should be proud of your team. It is your country's winningest side, and a 3-time Libertadores winner. Atlético Mineiro, however, won justly. The players of Atlético Mineiro did nothing inappropriate; Atlético Mineiro did not cheat Olimpia. They scored both goals in the flow of play and had that play in which one of your players got past Victor and scored, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Olimpia did not perform when it had to - during the match and PKs.

Atlético Mineiro won because it did its job when it most needed to.

10. KING_TACUARA

KING_TACUARA Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Club:
    Nacional Asuncion
    lol dude your surprised by roldan helping them? go back a few pages i said thats exactly what was gonna happen i knew conmebol where gonna give the title to atletico just like they always do to argentinos and brazilians but olimpia fans where too busy painting that 4th star and livin in lala land to realize the truth you dont think it was just coincidence that they assigned roldan for the final do ya?

11. KING_TACUARA

KING_TACUARA Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Club:
    Nacional Asuncion
    no hay plata para conmebol con equipos de paraguay y ecuador la plata estas con los argentinos y brasilenos entonces cuando esta jugando contra un equipo de estos paises tambien esta jugando contra la conmebol y sus arbitros criminales es una lastima pero la pura verdad

12. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I'm not going to get too deep into Referee crap, that's for small teams to complain about, Roldan sucks that's not news, we still had the game but luck just wasn't with us yesterday and Bareiro Choked both games, that's what we get for having a Cerrista loser in our team, Manzur's red card was the right call and the key play in the first penalty was BS but it's Roldan in a final in front of 60k plus fans, I would be stupid to think he was going to make Olimpia repeat the Penalty, the truth is we gave it all we had and this time we just felt short.
    I'm not ashamed or mad , I'm already thinking about our next Copa libertadores final (yes we are crazy like that) which we will see before lots of other fans posting here, so congrats to Mineiro a good team and they are the Champions that's the only thing that matters.

13. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I agree with you with mineiro being a Champions, and I'm proud of my team we lost like a true champions and they lost on the field yesterday all the other crap that went on outside is that just crap, but you have to admit that what went on in the last few days was not something you shouldn't ignore or make excuses for, you can't compare with what happened in Paraguay, also look at the fact you will be hosting WC semifinals in that stadium, what do you thing is going to happen if you have Brazil playing against Argentina there in less than a year, will you have the Police act the same way they acted with us and Newell's, with the whole world watching? everyone have stupid fans who will act stupidly if allowed that's not news, what is news here is the way your police acted and that's something you have to fix before the WC.

14. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

You brought this Fred thing up in few posts already, what happened here is not like the coaching staff trying to set up strategic fouls to disrupt Fred's game , we faced many players way more relevant than him, through this copa libertadores and we didn't need to do it, what happened with fred is that in the first game he scratched the crap out of Manzur and Miranda they had claw like injuries in their back that looked like they were done by a nasty raccoon that's why Manzur and miranda took turns to get him back which they happily admited on a radio interview that was taking out of context to make it sound like it was some evil master plan to win the game, the truth is that Fred was one of the biggest assholes we face this liberadores and 2 players just got him back for what he did the first game.

15. Olimpero

Olimpero Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Asuncion, Paraguay
    I'm really proud of my team. If someone would've told me in january that Olimpia would reach the finals, I wouldn't believe it. I will never forget this libertadores.

And congrats to Atletico Mineiro, they are worthy champions!

JAIME CHILE and Century's Best repped this.
  16. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Your team's players have tons of heart. I read that they weren't getting their wages, but they played their guts out simply because they love the shirt.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  17. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Creo que Olimpia jugo bien, el arquero Silva al menos tapo 3 claras de gol pero en el segundo gol de A Mineiro, se equivoco ya que salio muy tarde y mal. La Expulsion de Manzur sencillamente volco el partido a favor de Mineiro; con uno menos y un alargue de por medio era casi imposible. En cuanto al arbitraje regular tirado a malo pero no se puede pedir mas, los arbitrajes de conmebol por lo general son asi. Ademas Olimpia tuvo un par de ocasiones claras para haber evitado el alargue y sencilamente no la embocaron.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--