Copa Libertadores 2013 (Finals) [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Jul 11, 2013.

?

¿Quién será el Campeón de la C.Libertadores 2013?

1. Atlético-MG(BRA)

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Olimpia(PAR)

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Posibles formaciones para la Final:

ATLÉTICO-MG(BRA):
    Víctor;
    Michel, Leonardo Silva, Réver, Júnior César;
    Pierre, Josué, Bernard, Ronaldinho Gaúcho;
    Diego Tardelli y Jo.
    D.T. Cuca.

Ausencias: Leandro Donizete(lesionado) y Marcos Rocha(suspendido).

OLIMPIA(PAR):
    Martín Silva(Uru);
    Ricardo Mazacotte, Julio Manzur, Enrique Meza;
    Nelson Benítez(Arg), Eduardo Aranda, Alejandro Silva(Uru), Wilson Pittoni;
    Fredy Bareiro y Juan M. Salgueiro(Uru).
    D.T: Ever H. Almeida.

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    While I hope Paraguayan fans return home safe and sound, if there are incidents, they will be better off knowing that this is what occurred last week.

This is why, regardless of what team wins, that the fans of teams who play the return match away need to remember that the reception they give to visiting fans will always be given in return on the second leg.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    When Palmeiras eliminated in the 1999 Libertadores quarterfinals and moved on to face River Plate, some Corinthians fans suggested creating a temporary fan group called “River Timão.” Corinthians fans were sorely disappointed when Palmeiras defeated River Plate.

Any Corinthians fans who bought T-shirts with both River Plate's and Corinthians' logos must've felt pretty silly 4 years later when Corinthians became the first team from Brazil ever to be knocked out by River Plate in a Libertadores knockout round.

I'm sure that any possible “Boca Timão” T-shirts from 2000 and 2001 must've come in quite handy last year and this year. :rolleyes:

But I understand at least these fans. Atl.-MG fans gifted Estudiantes de la Plata a team banner (which Estudiantes displayed on its parade vehicle upon returning to La Plata). If Olimpia wins the tournament, I speculate Cruzeiro will give a Cruzeiro team banner to Olimpia.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
  6. Dward1

Dward1 Member

May 29, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23402399

Vickery thinks it's still a toss-up. Mineiro has come from 2 down in the last two ties to win, barely. They struck immediately vs Newell's with that Ronaldinho incredible ball through but still might have needed some electrical intervention to gather themselves and force penalties. also needed the penalty save vs Xolos. I've thought they will win at every step along the way but don't know what to expect tonight, I certainly want an early goal as a neutral and to validate my earlier predictions.

Also, I prefer the Libertadores way of straight to penalties in all the non-final rounds and the two-legged final with no away goals

here's the video that contains the call that Vickery was referring to:

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Police in Belo Horizonte have done absolutely nothing. When Olimpia fans tried to light up fireworks infront of Mineiro's hotel room it was diffused immediately by police. But from what I hear, Mineiro fans have made all kinds of noise 2 nights in a row until 4am and it was allowed to go on.

Me being half Brazilian, it annoys me to see people say Brasil isn't capable of hosting a World Cup and this kind of stuff being allowed to happen gives them ammunition.

I'm just hoping nothing crazy happens in tonight's game and that noone gets hurt from either side.

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The police did try to get fans away from the hotel.

Now, I'm not ever going to give any kind of endorsement for fan thuggery. But let's be frank here. A fan getting shot in the leg (I'm not sure if it was a firearm-related incident or an object that was thrown and which caused a fracture) is pretty serious. This has been a Libertadores year with tons of violence - that fans haven't killed each other is not only good news, it's almost a miracle.

On a much lighter note, UOL had a comparison of a model for Atl.-MG vs. Luana Chamorro. The Brazilian girl has a much prettier smile and face, but Chamorro strikes me as more of a fan.

9. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

There is no comparison what happened in Paraguay and what is going on right now, when Olimpia fans tried to gather in front of Meneiro's hotel, the police showed up and started cracking skulls they where all gone within 20 minutes, when about 200 mineiro fans showed up at the stadium without tickets we let them in for free just to avoid any trouble, what happened to that fan happened almost 200 miles away from the stadium and it's something that the police and Olimpia's directiva could not do anything about, and when it happened the police went after the perpetrators, also that incident wasn't know until late next day by that time Minereiro's fans were already talking about spilling blood and giving hell to Olimpia and it's fans.

What happened last night was shameful specially taking into account you guys are going to be hosting a World cup less than a year from now, about 3000 fans turned Olimpias hotel into a war zone, while the Police just watched, there are many reports of fans being harassed windows being broken and all kinds of stuff, and the game hasn't even been played yet.

Plus a fan was already killed with the fireworks this year in Brazil and Mineriros fans have not stopped using them in the last 2 days.

10. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's because the Conmebol Mafia is letting the Mineiro fans do whatever they please...shoot fireworks, rockets, molotovs, all fine and dandy but a piece of BREAD is thrown at Ronaldinho at the Defensores and Conmebol slaps us with a fine. :rolleyes:

11. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, this club is amazing the way they keep coming back.
    Martin Silva has been huge in goal this half but he had no chance on that header.

14. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Pero que cuadro cagon y ventajero este Mineiro.
    Francamente da verguenza ajena verlos jugar.
    Puajjjj

15. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    These teams are rather weak for a Libertadores final, to be honest.

puertorricane repped this.
  17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Try playing a man down without 2 days of sleep.

18. Ohiginiano

Ohiginiano Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    El Teniente Stadium
    Club:
    O Higgins Rancagua
    Si Olimpia gana la copa es por SIlva y sus atajadas durante los 12o minutos.

19. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    has the rule changed on gk leaving their line?

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  20. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mineiro needed every trick in the book to beat us. Keeping us up for 2 days, sending helicopters to view our practice, referee helping them, playing a man up, and they still couldn't beat us and lucked out with the lottery that are penalties.

I'm more proud of this loss then I would have been of this win if I was a Mineiro fan.

As for their fans, I hope we play again one day so we can give them and their team a stay as "hospitable" as they gave us.....

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  22. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    wth happened to Olimpia?? I didn't see the match, did they dominate the game?Shit ,what luck that Mineiro tied 2-2, btw quick question man who's the hottie in your profile pic, if you have a pic of her that sbiggger I would love to receive it so I can make it my background pic! :p

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    MOTM Wilmar Roldandinho happened.

Girl in my avatar is Luana Chamorro.

24. Lucho Gutierrez

May 29, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    what luck eh, that happened to LDU QUito against Fluminense in 2008, the ref gave complete bullshit calls against LDU Quito during the second leg of the final in Rio De Janeiro and even gave offside for an onside goal which Liga scored which would have shot us straight in for the title without penalty kicks because this was in the last minutes of extra time!

25. SIN DIOS NI LEY

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Qué verguenza de periodista es Niembro. De no creer como toma partido por un equipo.
    Cualquiera diría que perdió su querido Boca con lo ardido que estaba.

Se hacen infumables los matches de Copa con sus comentarios tan sesgados, anti Brasil y pro-fútbol argentino. Sus idioteces me hicieron hinchar por Mineiro.

BMxJoga, JAIME CHILE and condor11 repped this.