Copa Libertadores 2012 - SEMIFINALES

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, May 30, 2012.

1. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Uno de estos 4 será el Campeón de la Libertadores (2 que ya lo han sido: Santos, el actual Campeón de la Libertadores, y Boca Juniors; y 2 que nunca la han ganado: Universidad de Chile, actual Campeón de la Sudamericana, y Corinthians).

Programación de Semifinales:

Miércoles 13: Santos(BRA)-Corinthians(BRA)
    Jueves 14: Boca Juniors(ARG)-Universidad de Chile(CHI)

Miércoles 20: Corinthians(BRA)-Santos(BRA)
    Jueves 21: Universidad de Chile(CHI)-Boca Juniors(ARG)

chaski repped this.
  2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No Copa Libertadores this week. Help, I am having withdrawal symptoms!!!

3. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Reporting on the Universidad de Chile front:

Bad news:
    - Captain Rojas has picked up an injury in the match against Venezuela that could leave him out for the first leg match against Boca. :unsure:

Good news:
    - Ecuadorian defender Morante and one of the key signings for La U, has made full recovery and is ready to play against Boca should we need him.
    - Universidad de Chile have completed the transfer of leading Chilean goalscorer Ubilla and is ready to play against Boca.
    - Universidad de Chile players Diaz and Aranguiz played particularly well against Bolivia and Venezuela. Aranguiz scored against both teams, we can only hope he takes his good form to Buenos Aires.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    When Man U buy Angelo Henriquez, will he leave before the series is over with Boca or after? orr during?

5. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I think that's just the English press talking out of their ass, nothing official as of yet, plus Man U still has another year or so to make use of the first bid option, I don't see why they would hurry. It's best for Angelo if stays for at least 1 year here... he's only starting and La U is competing in everything this year.

6. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hope its bs, he should stay.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Would like to see him at Dortmund if he has to leave tbh.

8. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Id rather see him leave fully developed and for a much, much higher price. Man U have the first take on him for about 3 milliones Euros, but if other teams offer more then they have to offer just as much.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about at halftime? :D

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It looks like Clemente Rodriguez won't play because he came back injured from the NT. Sanchez Miño should take his place. On the other hand, Pablo Ledesma returns from his injury. He played this past weekend against Banfield and should be ready to go.

11. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    For la U, the only one in doubt is the team captain, Jose Rojas.

12. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I imagine the Boca Jrs vs. Universidade de Chile games will be epic not only because of the amazing soccer La U has shown as well as the tradition Boca brings, but because of the Argentina vs Chile rivalry factor. As I watch CONMEBOL soccer, I see that there is what I consider an "underrated" rivalry between these two countries.

However, short of bench-clearing brawls, there absolutely will not be enough bad blood to compare to the trash talk and hostility that will characterize the Santos vs. Corinthians semifinals. In the city of São Paulo, Palmeiras and São Paulo fans absolutely despise Corinthians (and the biggest rivalry is Palmeiras vs. Corinthians). Palmeiras vs. São Paulo, São Paulo vs. Santos and Palmeiras vs. Santos matches are also tense and the cops have plenty of work to keep the peace. But Santos has a peculiar rivalry with Corinthians given it is a club located outside the city. There is tons of history between the two - and Santos fans have already begun to harass Corinthians, as Corinthians players trained in Vila Belmiro tonight. There was booing and fireworks were popped to distract them.

I speculate Corinthians fans will do same to Santos in the return leg at Pacaembu Stadium, but Santos doesn't view Pacaembu as hostile territory - Santos did in fact win the 2011 Libertadores title there. This will be a hard-fought, physical, and probably bitter two-leg decision, which is always the case in the Libertadores when two teams from the same country meet. The rivalry factor is heightened.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even their animals hate us. One time Boca went to play to Chile against Colo Colo and a dog came on the field and bit our goalkeeper.

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    That riot in 1991 was horrible. Having said that, Colo Colo's bus somehow got "lost" en route to your team's stadium and wonder of wonders, it ended up at a location where your team's fans happened to be - and they warmly welcomed the Chilean delegation with stones and other objects. It's not as if the Chileans had no reason to be just a bit feisty to your side in Santiago. That's why Santos was so furious at Bolivar a few weeks ago, but rather than using violence or other off-the-pitch antics, Santos responded with futebol.

I hope to watch an outstanding match with great soccer tomorrow, and not a war (and tonight as well).

15. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Rojas no jugó el lunes en la noche contra Cobreloa, no creo que juegue contra Boca. Lorenzetti también está en duda.
    Tampoco jugaron Mena ni el peruano Ruidíaz.

Pero Sampaoli ocupó a todos los demás seleccionados este lunes: Díaz(jugó 82 minutos), Aránguiz(jugó 77 minutos) y Fernándes(jugó todo el partido) como titulares; el argentino Rodríguez jugó los últimos 30 minutos y O.González los últimos 10 minutos.

16. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I expect a disciplined match on and off the pitch, you can't go around kicking everyone in a semi-final, your fans would never forgive the player that left their team with 10 men.

17. Gilmar

Gilmar Member

May 25, 2012
    Rio de Janeiro
    Please Santos, make a two or three goals advantage today. I don't want Corinthians to represent Brazil in the final.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you have a likely starting lineup for La U?

For Boca reportedly it's like this:
    Orion, Roncaglia, Schiavi, Insaurralde, Sanchez Miño, Somoza, Ledesma, Erviti, Riquelme, Mouche, Silva.

(Clemente Rodriguez came back nicked so will likely be replaced by Sanchez Miño. Word is Mouche will start over Cvitanich).

19. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Santos in the final would probably be more fun, because they have the flashier players, but Corinthians looks overall more solid to me, I think they will advance.

20. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Creo que sería algo así:

Herrera;
    O.González, Acevedo, Rojas(Lichnovsky);
    Rodríguez, Aránguiz, Díaz, Mena,
    Lorenzetti(¿Ruidíaz o Morales?);
    Fernándes, Henríquez.

Cereceda podría tener alguna opción también, como lateral-volante izquierdo, tras su buen partido este lunes.

21. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Looks like Rojas and Lorenzetti are good to go... let's do this!

[​IMG]

22. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    :p

[​IMG]

23. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Well played good sir. I hope our journey doesn't end the same way... let this bohemian journeyman go all the way.

24. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    These semis will be exciting to watch. On the other side you have Corinthians who despite having one of the biggest followings in Brasil have never lifted the cup and have taken a lot of crap from opposing fans for that fact.

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First blood for Corinthians. Awesome shot by Emerson after a nice play by Ralf, but how did the defense leave him so alone?