Copa Libertadores 2009 - grp stage part 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Century's Best, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Dude, the action has nothing to do with the game itself... it's not a sportmanslike action and as such should've been reprimanded by the ref. It's that simple. Can't believe you're defending something like that.

If he was offended, like he said he did, maybe he shouldn't play futbol. Players talk shit all the time... yet if all players lost control over the things that are being said on the field, we'd have brawls all the fucking time. Dude needs to grow the fuck up.

2. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That's a justification.

3. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    JUSTIFY
    v.tr.1. To demonstrate or prove to be just, right, or valid: justified each budgetary expense as necessary; anger that is justified by the circumstances.
    2. To declare free of blame; absolve.
    3. To free (a human) of the guilt and penalty attached to grievous sin. Used of God.
    4. Law a. To demonstrate sufficient legal reason for (an action taken).
    b. To prove to be qualified as a bondsman.

5. Printing To adjust the spacing within (lines in a document, for example), so that the lines end evenly at a straight margin.

v.intr. Printing To be adjusted in spacing so as to end evenly at the margin.

Dude, thats not justifying, just stating a fact, and people will forget about it cuz thats human nature, we have a short attention span. The reason i say that is because people are going apes#it when this stuff happens very often, you dig? Did you see i put spitting at the top of the disrespecting list?

4. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Your response is more of a rationalization of the action when it shouldn't need one.

5. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Im not rationalizing either, what he did is wrong period, what im saying is that this shit happens often and people will forget about it, where is the justification or rationalization, im stating a fact.

6. Futjol

Futjol New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Y que querian?

The Mexicans teams have tons of money compared to Chilean or Peruvian Teams.

It wouldnt be the first time a Paraguayan team sells their dignity.
    Remember Paraguay-Colombia? That is what got Markarian kicked out from Paraguay.

Remember Paraguay-Mexico, Copa America?

Remember LIbertad - San Luis? Yeah. The referee was a really bad referee and that was a penalty.

Everton- Chivas, I did not see the game but Iam pretty sure Chivas had the referee hand.

Plus the big difference is:
    If Chivas passes their stadiums will be packe through out the whole season. If Everton would have passed, there stadium will remain the same amount of attendance.
    Samething with San Luis, and Universitario.

I mean........ every one knows that Fifa with Grondona is freaking corrupted.

Colo Colo sucked since day 1. That is why I never put them in the teams to pass to the next round.

Iam kinda glad "U" did not make it, because now San Luis will play Sao Paulo. Hahahahahaha. San Luis will get their ass whoop big time.

San Martin plays Cruzeiro unless they get a chance to beat River by 4-0. XD

I Think Chivas plays Boca.

7. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Whether people forget about it or not it's absolutely besides the point. You are justifying it in the sense that you are listing it together with all these other aggressions that are just as bad in an attempt to chalk it up as "part of the game".

It's not part of the game. In fact, spitting and throwing snot is a direct red card as are all those things that you brought up. Minimizing in any way the scale of the aggression is partly taking the blame off of him. There's nothing to 'understand' about that action. It's despicable and should be punished by CONMEBOL officials.

You get it now? It's definition 2, by the way.

8. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Hello? Yes, soccer, politics, business, are all corrupted. THats no surprise. I think san luis has a better shot at getting boca, and boca already stated that they will not go to mexico, but we'll play them in los angeles if we get them.

9. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Don't tell me people forget about these things when Chivas fans STILL remember when Bofo was spat in the face by that Boca DT at La Bombonera. :D

You are stating a fact to justify the act...

10. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Ur missing the point cuz that was my only point. That people will forget about it, go back and read my posts again, when i wrote the thing about "this happens all the time,people will forget about it" you and others jumped in and said i was justifying, when my only point was just that. That was my ONLY point, but something happened when what i wrote, started to register in your brain that you read something else.

11. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I didnt say "ALL"people did I?

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Everton could've won the game, they were very close. They made Chivas look like shit all second half... if anything, the ref screwed Everton up in the game vs Caracas with that nonexistant penalty. Baldassi had some pretty horrible calls but nothing to show he was siding with Chivas. He's just a really bad ref. :D

What Colo Colo did yesterday was shameful. You could very well tell Gualberto Jara is Paraguayan... right after Macnelly gets injured the dude brings in a defensive midfielder... this within the first 15 minutes of the game! The players didn't display attitude towards the end... which makes me thing that Barticciotto was right for leaving, there's some players in this group that don't give it their all and it affects everyone. Melendez, Sanhueza and Riffo have to be the first ones to go... they are wrecking this team.

Like somebody else said, second year in a row that Colo Colo loses their coach in the defining moments of the groups stage. Second year in a row that they can't go to the next round. If they would spend a little more money to bring a DT with more experience instead of the Barticciottos, Astengos and Borguis of the world maybe shit like this wouldn't happen.

13. Futjol

Futjol New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Wow, Boca said that?
    Well, I guess it would be really hard for any team to actually go play in Mexico with the swine flu and everything.

If I was player of any team, I would not like to go to Mexico to play a match.

But California is also contaminated now.
    There is like 14 cases is US so far.

14. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Haha, you said everyone. WTF are we discussing semantics now?

15. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I agree you guys should of won, plus i think the ref didnt call a penalty on us, our goalie knocked your guy down en la area. But hey we cant control arbitros especially in the conmebol.

16. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    That's rationalizing the act, whether you realize it or not. Like H&S said, it shouldn't need to be rationalized... the point should've have even been brought up.

17. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I think you just began the semantics discussion by not knowing what i meant, do you want to start semantics? or just wanna have some objectivity of what i was saying? cuz u know what i meant.

18. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Dont take it out of context, why dont you put the whole post in bold, hello? If you just read that comment you so nicely put in bold, its called taking it outta context, you dig?

19. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    alright, take it to PMs, "love" birds.

20. el Rafaa

el Rafaa Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Somewhere in MA
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Borracho moderating :eek::D!

21. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    [​IMG]

enough is enough already!:D

22. Futjol

Futjol New Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    EXTRA EXTRA

Noticia de Ultimo Minuto:

La Conmebal piensa destituir a los equipos Mexicanos.
    Razon: Swine Flu.

Pasara la "U" y Everton debidamente.

Lo lei recien en las noticias. Parece que hoy es navidad para mi.

23. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Los equipos mexicanos jugarán de local en Bogotá

Ante las contingencias sanitarias existentes en México por la aparición de la gripe porcina, que está causando temor internacional, y habiendo clasificado dos equipos mexicanos para proseguir la disputa de la Copa Santander Libertadores de America, para los Octavos de Final, la CONMEBOL, en consulta con los Presidentes de las Asociaciones Nacionales afiliadas, y en consenso con la Federación Mexicana de Fútbol, ha determinado trasladar los partidos que debían jugarse en México a la ciudad de Bogotá, Colombia, en doble jornada, el día miércoles 6 de mayo, para lo cual se obtuvo la colaboración de la Federación Colombiana de Fútbol.
    Esta resolución es válida sólo para esta fase, haciendo votos porque la causa que origina esta decisión sea prontamente superada.
    En las próximas horas se informara la programación de los partidos.

http://conmebol.com/articulos_ver.jsp?id=63753&slangab=S

So Colombia will see some octavos. ;)