Copa Libertadores 2007 (r)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Although I hate to agree with Dr. Know, he's got you on this one Piedraias. Trinidad and Tobago?? Are you kidding me?? The DT of Chivas should've resigned after that one. I didn't even know there was a league in Trinidad and Tobago.

2. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    If i remember correctly TandT were pretty impressive during the WC. Yes i know chivas lost but we used a mixer of an A and B team. We were missing some important key players. Now I would like to see them beat us at Estadio Jalisco, with our full squad. IF they do Ill applaud them, but in the mean time im pretty sure we will make it to the next round. Same for Boca.

3. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivar is horrible, a disgrace to the country. They have had serious economical problems not paying players salaries. Chorrazo, Galindo, Angulo, Gatti, Castillo, Roger Suarez are all gone.

This is why they finished last in last year Bolivian league and have 13 new worthless players.

Baldivieso is horrible, he had great talent but he should just quit. No fowards whats so ever, Thiago has lost his touch, he was good maybe 4 years ago when he was at wilstermann. That backline played like a 8th grade youth squad.

Bolivar used to be respected at home, but now they are a huge dissapointment.

I wouldnt be surprised if Boca scores seven on them in Argentina.

4. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    come on man admit it, the first goal made your defenders look like "a lowly team". You guys played well but both your goals came from free kicks.

Dont underestimate Real Potosi, they were attacking Flamengo the whole game.

for those who want below is a link of highlights from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vsm6IRV7Aw

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Our centerbacks were horrible this game. I already explained their status before the game in one of these topics. Even with Potosi's second offsides goal, they looked horrible.

Any team accostumed with that altitude can attack anybody in that altitude the way they did. They showed they didn't know how to pass the ball in the ground, rather they took advantage of the altitude and used long balls and cross throughout the match. When Potosi comes to Maracanã, I can assure you things will be different. If Potosi can get a tie there, then they earn my respect.

6. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    I have a few points for you:

1. Free kick goals count, so its like saying in 1998 france scored their most meaningfull goals (the first and second) on free kicks....this doesn't mean a thing...a goal is a goal.

2. What the hell kind of call was that when Potosi was up 1 x 0....Renato Augusto scored right in the middle of the goal...the ref said the ball went in from the side...complete insanity!!!....(a) if the ball went in from the side, on the video the ball would be covered at some point by the post, but this never happens (b) shouldn't the ref go check the net if there is a hole in it, so it doesn't happen again??

Lets see how Macaraibo and Parana handle the altitude...in 93 WCQ brazil lost 2 x 0 to bolivia in la paz...on the home game we killed bolivia 6 x 0 (5 x 0 at halftime)

7. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

take it easy, i didnt mean to get you all worked up like that. ;)

is it that hard to give us some credit... come on most people predicted a win by Flamengo. I am not happy with the result, i wanted a win. But Potosi did play better than Flamengo, and this is something people should acknowledge.

and your other comment, what was that about. Ive said this time and time again, any well prepared team can win in the altitude, Brasil have done it in Copa America 97 and Sao Paulo did it a couple of times. So i am tired of hearing people complain about the altitude.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    People also predicted a win by Potosí.

Flamengo prepared for the altitude. Sorry, playing at 4000 m, in 5 degree celsius weather with the rain and horrible field conditions is ridiculous. It is easy to say you don't want to hear anything about the altitude when your team is the one who is taking advantage of it. We will see what Potosí does in Maracanã..

Also, I bet you can find a direct correlation between when Bolivian teams tie or win when they are playing at home. When they are on the road, it is a different story.

9. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    why would it be ridiculous playing in that kind of weather/condition? did the altitude cause any players any serious harm?? Have you heard of anyone die from playing in that kind of altitude? last i check the worst conditions are the 100 degree weather teams play on (remember France vs Colombia game), but you dont hear anyone complaining about that? I mean come on is it Potosi's fault that it was raining, and that they play their games at high altitude? whats so wrong about playing on your home turf? Also every country has bad fields.... even the ones in paraguay for the u 20 (and that didnt stop Brasil from winning).

Dude get this through your head, i am not saying Potosi is the best team of the libertadores, i am just saying they deserve a little bit of respect then they are getting. Just because you never heard of a teams doesnt mean that they cant put up a fight.

10. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Yo, no one is dissing your team dude...I think that as of right now they deserve respect for getting 1 point out of 1 match...but in order to seriously earn some respect they will have to prove that they can play on the road at sea level.

I can't say Potosi didn't deserve the point, but I can't say they are in par with Flamengo yet....home field advantage is supposed to be based on your fans ability to influence the outcome (somehow)...but when your home field advantage is based on your team (Potosi) being used to breathe at 4k meters and the other team not being able to, then this is a geografical advantage. I garantee you when potosi goes to rio and its 28 C (at 9:45pm), the weather will not be a factor, the altitude will not be a factor, just the 80 / 90 thousand in the stands. We'll see who is for real on April 18th in Rio.

Good luck to you, but I hope we don't have to travel back to Potosi anytime soon.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It is ridiculous because some of our players ended up with hypothermia along with cramps during the game.

It's very difficult to do anything when you can't breathe and you have hypothermia.

Like Mengao81 said, we aren't here to disrespect your team. No one said that Flamengo should easily win this game (other than ElMuneco, who is trying to give us a hard time). If you spoke to any of our fans, the majority of them would tell you that they expect a tough game. But to say that altitude is not a valid excuse along with the other conditions that we were presented with, then you are just ignoring the facts.

12. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Im smoking the goal that Parana just scored in Maracaibo

13. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And you can do the same with the one Maracaibo just scored on Paraná.

14. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ive decided to wait until the game ends for any other comments

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Smart move. :)

16. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ok, maybe just a little bit...

1-2

17. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    And now a little bit louder...

1-3.

18. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And a little less louder :D
    2-3

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And back again. 4x2

20. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. UA Maracaibo 2 - 4 Paraná

Maracaibo: Arizmendi 45'; Cásseres 68'
    Paraná: Josiel 39'; Dinelson 56'; Henrique 57'; Gerson 68'

21. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    As I was saying before...

Paraná will finish 1st in their group.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That is quite a statement considering Paraná played the easiest away game out of the group. There are plenty of games left to play still. March 14 and 21 will be important dates for both of us..

23. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. Cerro Porteño 0 - 1 Grêmio

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, but River didn't even field a B team.. When we played them with our best players, it was 4-1. Could have been even more if we wanted.

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    This is what Porkias is here for. To set himself up to ridicule for our entertainment.