Copa Libertadores 2007 (r)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by BigSoccer Bot, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I dunno about this. Banfield were pretty bad last Apertura and it seems to continue that way this Clausura, they just got hammered 4-0 by Boca. This is seriously why the qualification process in Argentina is messed up.

I think America will be second.

2. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. Defensor Sporting 3 - 0 Gimnasia La Plata

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. Cúcuta Deportivo 0 - 0 Deportes Tolima

4. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I love it!!! Al fin comenzo la COPA!!!!:D So for the colombian teams? I am not too familiar cucuta and tolima? what is there to watch? I would think a draw in this game, is a heavy blow for both of them specially having in mind they will have to go out to play with Cerro and Gremio? I am having a hard time seeing either team go through. Is there something I don't know?

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. Emelec 0 - 1 Vélez Sarsfield

6. kapocris

kapocris New Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Montevideo
    Ayer otra lección de fútbol dimos. Mostrando la mejor cara del fútbol uruguayo. Defensor jugó un fútbol moderno, desbordando por las bandas, pases en profundidad, presión en todo el campo, en nada se parece a los dos dinosaurios de uruguay: Nacional y Peñarol.

Con lo mal que están, ya ni siquiera pueden presumir de que llenan estadios, porque esa es la realidad. Al bolso le queda grande el parque y del manya no opino porque no tiene estadio propio. Una vergüenza de club si puede llamarse como tal.

Defensor hoy por hoy, es un equipo compacto, tiene 6 o 7 figuras titulares y un banco que no tiene nada que envidiar a nadie. El domingo le pintamos la cara a Peñarol, como ya hicimos en la ida.

7. brujita veron

brujita veron New Member

Feb 14, 2007
  8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. brujita veron

brujita veron New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Of what Ive seen so far this yr Boca is the team to beat. JRR is the symol of the team and so will be Orteman a good good player at Olimpia when they won. Im happy to see Libertad as a surprise-team they kicked River 4-0 alive last year...if i remeber correctly.:D

10. brujita veron

brujita veron New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    I love to see Ze Roberto back he was Brazils single best player in the Germany World Cup. Is it true the Maracananzo has 100 thousand capacity all-seated now????:eek:

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, Maracanã has 100,000 seating capacity right now but I am not sure if they federation that owns Maracanã will free all 100,000 seats to the public. We will see..

12. brujita veron

brujita veron New Member

Feb 14, 2007
    tell me is Flamengo-Vasco very violet derby to attend??

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    It's pouring like hell in La Paz.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It can be, especially in the upper ring of Maracanã where the organized fan groups sit. If you plan to attend, you should sit in the lower section of Maracanã.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wonder if it is raining in Potosí too. Flamengo was training in Sucre earlier and it was pouring..

16. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. Bolívar 0 - 0 Boca Juniors

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    3-1 actually.. I think you are confusing the us with Boca, who lost 4-0 the last time they played in the Libertadores.

18. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. Audax Italiano 0 - 0 São Paulo FC
    F.T. Real Potosí 2 - 2 Flamengo

19. Mengao81

Mengao81 New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    Brave comeback by Flamengo in those conditions....players falling down left and right etc. No way this team can compete with my Mengao at the Maraca.

20. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Interesting results today.

21. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    mighty boca couldn't beat Bolivar?

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You can say that again. Fla was down 2x0 at halftime and managed to come back in 4000 meter altitude, with cold rainy conditions and a HORRIBLE field.

23. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

This is precisely why Flamengo won't go very far in the Copa. You should've killed this lowly team from Bolivia. Regardless of the altitude and conditions. The reason why you couldn't beat them and had to fight back from two goals down, EXPERIENCE. This aint the Flamengo from many many years ago. Hell, the only reason you're in this tournament is because you defeated a bunch of lowly Brazilian clubs on your way to winning the Copa do Brazil.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    The mighty Chivas couldn't beat a 10 man team from Trinidad & Tobago?

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Right and Boca tied Bolivar, a team that finished below Potosi in the Bolivian league, in a lower altitude as well. I guess they aren't experienced with the Libertadores. Tell group leader Peñarol in 2002 after the visited Potosí and lost 6x1 that they should have beaten that lowly team.

Flamengo could have clinched a Libertadores in the league as well. They stopped playing after they couldn't be mathmatically relegated, which left nothing to play for (São Paulo was already unreachable at this point).

Lowly teams in the Copa do Brasil? Let me refresh your memory. Paulista 2 x 1 River Plate, in São Paulo last year in the Libertadores.