Copa Libertadores 2005 - [R] questions & comments

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Visca..., Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: Copa Libertadores 2005 - continued [R]

I don't know man... you should know more than I... but doesn't it seem weird how America started off so good and DIM so bad and all of the sudden everything switched around... maybe the America mafia and DIM mafia made a deal? :p
    In all seriousness though, I have no clue whats going on in the colombian league, and if America sucks there is because they suck... i'm just talking from what i've seen with my own two eyes. It's just all crazy and it doesn't make sense... then again, alot of thing relating to futbol in colombia doesnt make sense. I just always see a "mano negra" there....

2. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Well la U de Chile improved a whole lot in the past couple of years, revitilizing it with many young players, of those I only heard of Rivarola, and he's an argie. So it's a good thing to see that they have improved and you should take this as a good sign of things to come, I mean just compare chilean futbol in the past couple of Libertadores, and you can see why you should be content with what has been accomplished.

3. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    la jugada que le dio elPK a robinho fue clase pura ! lo mejorcito que he visto en copa

elgol de Cicinho (sao P) fue elmejor del mes, by far!

sao pablo es mi candidato a salir campeon de copa y el tuyo?

4. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    River and Boca look like $hit so it seems like a brazilian will definatley take it this year. It's either going to be Santos or Sao Paulo... i'm hoping that Santos wins it all though since they have deserved it for the past 3 years! And Robinho deserves to go to Real Madrid with a Libertadores under his belt.

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Copa Libertadores 2005 - continued [R]

My theory:

IMHO I think America got overconfident, because they won easily the first 3 games, and then the managment decided to focus on Libertadores, and since they were "so good" they'll be able to get back on track later on the Local league.

Then they lost stupidly against Fodaçao, but feeling confident that they'll beat Libertad in their final game, they agreed to lose with DIM :)D Tongo!!!!!). That way both colombian teams would have the opportunity to advance to the next round.

After that they simply didn't realize that Libertad was a tough cookie until it was to late, and they never recovered of the elimination hence they were left out in the local league too...

That's my humble opinion...

Additional toughs:

U. de Chile looked really scrappy and hard in Santiago, but after the first goal in Brazil they became kitties.

Wooooow, what a play from Robinho (that caused the PK) for the third goal. Over the head, under your legs... That kid is something special...

Sao Paolo is my candidate now... Man they play ugly but they're determined to not be beaten. I mean they have talent, but they're not afraid to mix it up if needed.

Cicinho scored on a precise Free kick to beat Marcos, nailing the 10.000th goal in Copa.

Anybody saw UEFA champions league, I know it does not belong here, but man I was lucky to see 3 of the best games lately....So glad I took the day off:D !!!!!

6. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    So the quarter finals are set:

River v Banfield
    Boca v Guadalajara
    Tigres V Sao Paulo
    Paranaense v Palmeiras

7. Diablo_manda

Diablo_manda New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Cedritos Bogota D.C
    0 de 3...nos fue muy mal tuvimos mala suerte y los equipos no respondieron. Ahora si quedamos elimiandos del mundial sera un duro golpe para nuestro futbol pero solo queda mirar el futuro...

8. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    Santos...not Palmeiras....my bad

9. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Have you been able to find a video clip of this?

If so, could you post it here?

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!

que baile le pego River (con Salas) a la ULDU

River lo bailo a la Liga. con una mano en la cintura y Salas le metio tres golazos!!!! con baile incluido,y mas encima dio un pase gol

que pena por la LDU pero asi es la vida
    Lo siento tanto, ecuajohnny :eek:

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sorry, man it won't be Santos. With the Confeds Cup looming, they're gonna miss Leo and specially Robinho...
    Sao Paulo should be in everyone's list.
    River and Boca had not played upto par lately, but in the Copa, minus a hiccup or two they have basically steamrolled (4-1 to LDU and 4-0 to Junior, come on).
    So in the Semis we will probably see River, Boca, Santos, Sao Paulo.
    IDK who is on which bracket so I can't set up the semis yet, but that's who it should be in theory.
    Then again, anything can happen. As ecuajohnny can testify, after his dick-esque post. :)

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Forgot to mention---a la U no le cobraron un penal en una jugada identica al penal que le cobraron al Sao Paulo.
    Pero bueno, son cosas que pasan.
    Aguante Gallinas (ahora)!

13. kaviedes_freak

kaviedes_freak New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Toronto
    are you sure? if LDU scored one more goal, it would be them in the next round. i guess you need to beat up on the better teams since your national team and the chilean league in general....suck... :eek: :rolleyes:

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yea when Ecuador hosts and gets 3rd place in a World Cup, then you come talk to me, son.
    Also, when an Ecuadorean striker is finally able to stay and succeed in Europe, I will be willing to speak to you (Kaviedes, Delgado)...
    The only one that has had success to some extent and is not even a striker is De la Cruz, and he has played for two mediocre lower mid-table teams (Hibs and Villa).
    So don't even start, man...

15. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Pinilla who has basically yet to establish himself in Europe has scored more goals than Kaviedes and Delgado combined in Europe, and Pinigol barely even plays (Delgado had one maybe two).
    IDK how many Kaviedes had in his 3 failed experiences-Celta, Perugia, and Crystal Palace.
    Not to mention Chala's failed experience also with S'hampton.

16. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Here is how the brackets look right now:

River
    -------------------River
    Banfield

Sao Paulo
    ------------------Sao Paulo
    Tigres

Paranaense
    ------------------Santos
    Santos

Chivas
    ------------------Boca
    Boca

If all goes as planned, a superclasico is in hand for the final!!!! Dale Bo!!!!! :D

17. Guti™

Guti™ Moderator

Mar 6, 2005
    La Victoria
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Who would have thought Banfield was gonna make it this far :eek: This is indeed the year of the underdog.

18. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Question to colombians:

Between this year's Copa Libetadores and the past 3, what the hell happened?!
    Thoughts, theories, opinions.. anything that could bring light to the recent downfall of colombian futbol in the Libertadores.

19. tiburon

tiburon New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL
    :( i can only speak for junior...they got over confident and screwed up in the home game (3-1 to 3-3) if they kept the 3-1 local victory and not have given boca so many spaces in buenos aires we might have had a chance...OMG stupid retarded goalie C.PEREZ :mad: 4th goal of boca = he needs to be shot in the kneecaps.

20. TheAmerican

TheAmerican Red Card

Apr 21, 2005
    US of ******** A
    Re: El MAS SABIO Copa Libertadores 2005 prediction contest - Octavos

Why are Mexican teams in the Copa Libertadores? They're part of CONCACAF. How is this possible?

21. tiburon

tiburon New Member

Dec 9, 2004
    West Palm Beach, FL
    so far its 3 Argies, 3 Brasileiros, 2 Mejicanos

2 argy teams facing each other
    and 2 brasil teams facing each other in these quarter finals

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    not overconfident!

they just ran out gas in the heat of barranquilla (omar perez was wlaking for 29 minutes) - the coach mess up the late subs, I blame the lack of depth on the bench quality, just like the other 3 colombian teams in copa

23. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: El MAS SABIO Copa Libertadores 2005 prediction contest - Octavos

simple! Like 7 yrs ago they negotiated a playoff deal with venezuelan federation for lots of MONEY.......they got in!

recent strong competition and tv money to be made on the mexie markets for FOX got an invitation of 2 mexies with out the paid playoff with venezuelans, is just mexico in search for decent competion south of panama!

please respond on the appropiate thread (here is for predictions only)

24. paolo guerrero 33 redded

May 6, 2005
    New Jersey

i hop the mexicans teams get eliminated man, so they'll learn they aint south america!

25. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    America: Poor coaching plus financial crisis. No sponsors, because they don't want to be linked to Drug charges and money laundry prosecution in the US.

DIM: Poor coaching and too many new players, not enough time to get in rythm.

Caldas: Coach change, actually because it came a little bit too late. I think Caldas should have earned a higher position in the bracket if they would have fired Luna earlier.

Junior: Poor coaching and poor defense. Basically they gave away 7 points to their argentinians foes. They should have tied River twice and they should have beaten Boca in Barranquilla, but conceded too many late goals.