Copa Kirin - pre-game comments (r)

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by mcruic, Mar 25, 2007.

1. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The 3 teams contesting this year's Kirin Cup will be

Japan
    Colombia

and....

Montenegro

Montenegro became UEFA's newest member after their split from Serbia earlier this year. They are expected to become FIFA's 208th member in May. They played their first official match on Saturday and won 2-1 at home to Hungary.

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Kirin Cup - 2nd-6th June in Japan

should be 2 easy games but I think Colombia is only sceduled to play Japan, I dont no about montenegro... I heard it was Scotland or wales.

I think it will be a good time to try using Colombian league based players. Think Peru won it last yr or 2 years ago by using almost all home based players. Would be a nice time to test out alot of young players who are doing great in our league like Sherman Cardenas, Ospina, Sergio Herrea, Falcao, Nelson Rivas, Najera and other good players so they can get their first few caps in and see if they have what it takes for the Copa America.

3. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

No way! This will be the last Int'l test prior to Copa action. I say go with your top team and win. Work on fine tuning the defense, midfield, offense. And for Gods sake. Sherman has a future but he needs much more competition.

4. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

thanks alot for the info at 1st I was scared cause fifa still hasnt made it offical that e are playing at the cup and nice to see.

I think Cardenas should get a shot at least an invite... Pinto says he wants to invite sub 20 players to all NT practices why not the best we have which are cardenas, pino, and Ospina???

Im not sayin to start the kid or even bring him to Copa America but think for a 1st cap u can put him against a weaker team like Japan and see what he does... he IS BUCARAMANGA !!! he is 110% of that team take him out and they are nothing why not at least give him a shot. He is 17 that will hopefully make him strive to be a better player so that he can be called up again

Colombia needs to think of the future and these kids are part of it

6. Siempreconlamecha

Apr 4, 2005

I beg you to analyze your thoughts somewhat before posting here. I come to this forum to read people's opinions, and this is yours, but sometimes it's as if you just ramble without any thought to it.

u-20s that were invited to train have already been explained elsewhere. why destabilize Bucaramanga, when the kid is not at the required level for the full nt right now?? I liked the kid against Cali on saturday, but fricken give him time, he wasn't even a starter on a dissapointing u20 team this year.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

I just fart!:eek:

8. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Oh, by the way, Japan is not a WEAK team. Where did you get this information from? Is this just a prejudiced opinion of Asian football? In case you haven't noticed, Japan, South Korea, etc have been improving, and showed that at the 2002 World Cup.
    If anything, Japan may be favourites against Colombia with home advantage.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I have seen tehm play and even at home they will lose. Japan is decent but are only best in asia because only other good team is S. Korea, Iran... wonder how they will do now that austrilla is in asian. Its not a bad opion of asian football just dont think that Japan can beat colombia even at home. I went to japan in 2002 and the fans dont cheer for their team. Which was the opposite of S. Korea who have 20,000+ people yelling Korea making them really strong home team.

either way I hope we give younger players some playing time and in June our league will be on its break I think and so will the european ones so Pino, Guarin, Ospina, Cardenas have no reason not to be invited

10. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Japan should always be favored on home soil;) . The 2002 WC proved it!

That was just one poster. Many of us don't know enough about the Japanese NT except for a couple of stars, but truth be told, most Colombians would be very dissapointed if our top team loses to Japan and Korea (ties we can live with). Especially considering Copa America would be 3 weeks later and they have to face, US, Paraguay and Argentina in their group.

11. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

what was the score uruguay vs Korea

12. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

2-0 .

13. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007

what is our all time record vs Japan?

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

don't know, but we beat (or was it a tie?) S.Korea in the US about a year ago.

But Japan shouldn't be taken lightly, we know Colombia plays great against big teams, but tends to lose against "weaker" teams, and if we go into the game with that mentality will be in trouble.

Remember, we only beat Japan 1 - 0 in France, with a goal by Gio Hernandez, that was a tought game back then.

15. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

1-0.... is our record

16. mcruic

mcruic Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Scotland
    Club:
    Dundee United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

Colombia's record against South Korea is poor. 1 win from 5 games (2 draws and 2 defeats, including a 4-1 thumping in 1996).

17. CtrlAlltDel

CtrlAlltDel New Member

Mar 12, 2007

ok thanks, Japan is a nice team but they only seem to sync up and play well every now and then, they cant seem to find stability.
    and the thing ive noticed about their team is that they are not a difficult team to be scored on, they have gotten better, but they keep making terrible errors on defence, so if Colombia lines up a solid defense like we normally do, I dont think it is too irrational to think that they are beatable.

and I have no idea about Montenegros team , i know nothing about them

18. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Montenegro is a new team because before they haven't a team they were part of the Serbia team.
    Is a young team they don't have important players...

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

well, time to level things up!

thnaks for the stats

hey guys, a los pips de japon - no fue alos que les dimos un baile sin musica en la copa confederaciones? cual fue el resultado?

20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Si no me confundo fue un 2-0 o 2-1. El mejor partido que le recuerdo al Principe en la sele.

21. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

true... only 1 win... 2 L -- 2 T... all losses have been in Asian territory with a lax squad.
    2005 - Colombia 2 - SK 1 (in US)
    2003 - Colombia 0 - SK 0 (in Korea)
    1996 - Colombia 1 - SK 4 (in Hong Kong)
    1995 - Colombia 0 - SK 1 (in Korea)
    1994 - Colombia 2 - SK 2 (in US)

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  23. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: La selección Colombia jugará dos amistosos en Japón

Colombia participará en la Copa Kirin entre el 1 y el 5 de junio, donde debutará contra Montenegro el 3 de junio en Matsumoto, y cerrará el campeonato el 5 de junio en el estadio de Saitama frente al equipo anfitrión.

More...

24. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City

SELECCIóN
    Colombia jugará en ******ón
    Abr 13 de 2007

La selección nacional de fútbol colombiana ultimará su preparación para la Copa América 2007 en ******ón con la disputa de dos encuentros amistosos frente a los combinados japonés y montenegrino, informó la Asociación de Fútbol nipona.

Colombia participará en la Copa Kirin entre el 1 y el 5 de junio, un torneo japonés que tendrá como partido inaugural el ******ón-Montenegro.

La selección que dirige Jorge Luis Pinto debutará contra Montenegro el 3 de junio en Matsumoto, en la provincia de Nagano (noreste de ******ón), y cerrará el campeonato el 5 de junio en el estadio de Saitama (en los alrededores de Tokio) frente al equipo anfitrión.

El torneo se celebrará 23 días antes de que el conjunto colombiano se estrene ante Paraguay en la 42 edición de la Copa América de fútbol, que se disputa este año en Venezuela.

Esta serie de amistosos no sólo servirán de precalentamiento a los hombres de Pinto antes de la cita venezolana, sino también a la selección nipona, que tratará de revalidar por tercer año consecutivo el título de campeón de la Copa de Asia, que arrancará el 7 de julio.

Quienes juegan en Montenegro? Vidic del Man U.(defensa) y quien mas

J.a.p.o.n es mala palabra?

25. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

montenegro no se, pero no creo que sea un equipo muy furte que digamos.en el mundial no estubo muy bien y esta resiente de una indepedencia de serbia. no creo que sean muchos.
    Japon tampoco es mucho. ​
    peru gano este torneo el ano pasado?​
    Colombia tiene con que ganar esta viana nada mas con jugadores locales. pero hojala se lleven atodos que ban estar en las iliminatorias.​