Pre-match: Copa do Mundo 2018: Brasil vs. Suíça, 17 de Junho de 2018

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    My prediction is 3:0
    Goals: Marcelo, Neymar, Firmino.

2. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You guys are gonna win the world cup (again) :rolleyes:;)

You heard it here first

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It would be nice if you let us win a world cup for once :rolleyes:

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We tried twice already :ROFLMAO:

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

6. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Marcelo will be captain tomorrow. Guess we're sticking with the rotating.

7. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No Marcelo will be the captain throughout the World Cup!! Never heard of captains being rotated in a tournament!!

8. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wrong!!!:cool:

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I am not sure it even matters, but I haven't heard much about RA's fitness lately.

10. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm sorry but @Mengão86 you may have to ban me but this is one of the very few times since I was a kid at WC'1990 that I'm not excited about this Brazil team!! If we make it past the 2nd round vs Mexico then we're doing good!!

I don't think this team is good enough to win the World Cup!! And this IS NOT A PLOY OR A TRICK!! THIS IS THE WAY I TRULY FEEL!!!:unsure::(

The only good thing going for us historically is that whenever a WC has ended in an 8, we have made the Final 4!!('38,'58,'78,'98)

We have 3 goalies(and we better pray that we never have to call on Cassio!!) with a TOTAL of 28 caps(even though Argentina has worst!!) There's starting goalies of other nations that have that and more by themselves!! Plus we have the 'walking wounded' Fagner, R. Augusto, and Neymar, D. Costa, and F. Luis aren't fully 100%

And if T. Silva and Miranda starts we will have two 34-year-old centerbacks in their last World Cup.

And if G. Jesus is injured, struggling, or suspended....Taison and Firmino ain't nothing to write home about!!:cry:

Tite is a ok coach, but not good enough win a World Cup!!

I'm sorry but this is the way I .....TRULY FEEL about our team!!:(:cry:

old_carioca_in_nyc repped this.
  11. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I just finished reading about the 2009 U-17 World Cup where Brazil and Switzerland shared the same group and the Swiss eliminated Brazil in the first round. Brazil had Neymar, Casemiro, Alisson, etc. After reading this I got a bit depressed but then I read your post and I became happy again because Neymar is the third best player in the world (at least), Casemiro is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world, Alisson is a world class goalkeeper.
    What i'm saying is that you are wrong. Let's start with: Brazil is going to f*ck the Suisse. Neymar is going to score, as will G. Jesus and Coutinho and Paulinho. Don't be so f*cking negative, dude.

12. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WTF ?

13. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    We are much better than 2014. Remember the 2014 team that won the confederations cup... I am cautiously optimistic that we will win the hexa!

If not us, then I hope Germany does not win. I don’t want anyone else to have as many world cup titles as we do. If not Brasil, then I am rooting for someone like Portugal or Colombia....

Avante BRASIL! Porra!!!

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    PRA FRENTE BRASIL !!!!!!!!!
    Caraaaaaaaaaaaalho !!!!!!!!

old_carioca_in_nyc repped this.
  15. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    You should know by now, he the goat at getting predictions wrong. I would be far more worried if he has us doing well. I think he also predicted we lose the Olympics and we know the end result :coffee:.

Finally embracing your powers.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fred hasn't trained normally for a whole week now and won't be available tomorrow. So in the midfield, Fernandinho is the only player available as a sub.

17. Bezhusan

Bezhusan Member

Atlético Mineiro
    Brazil
    May 30, 2018
    What about RA? I’ve read this week he trained normally for the most part.

18. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    If the situation gets dire enough, I guess Marcelo or Danilo can slot into midfield. Hopefully, this isn’t one of those situation where we look back and say Tite should not have brought so much injures players. RA probably should of gotten dropped.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even if he is, he is probably in terrible form. Only played like 8 games this semester. smh ....

Hoping for no injuries and will have to watch out for cards.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I kind of understand it, RA was a central piece for most of the qualifiers. Kind of heart breaking to leave him out. But damn, gotta do what's best for the team.

MerlinRM repped this.
  21. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Its my biggest gripe with Tite. I think he is a very sentimental guy to a fault. RA barely playing and on top of that being injured was a clear sign he shouldn't have come. Jogi Low dropped several of the 2014 winning squad members for much less.

omajac repped this.
  22. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Getting my usual jitters before the first game, but still I have a generally good feeling about our chances this time around. Although Spain looked good at times, I've yet to see a team that impressed the hell out of me. Also looking forward to Germany x Mexico tomorrow.

Mengão86 repped this.
  23. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Senior
    DOn't worry the best team doesn't always win the cup. If that was the case then brazil would have been 7/8 times champions by now. .Little bit of imperfection is OK

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The real star of the WC starts his journey today . A player that schocked the world with the most controversial club transfer in recent history.

Vamo Paulinho !!!

MerlinRM, Ombak and Kaka10725 repped this.
  25. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Agree on score.

I'm actually very up about this team. My concerns are few but are the following:

G. Jesus - he needs to score in the first game. Following him since Olympics, he gets into goal droughts and seems to press when things don't go his way. Being so young, and not the natural goal scoring killer (yet, IMO), bagging a goal in first game will portend good things for Selecao.

Right Back position - am not at all sold on either option currently have. Danilo has been spotty all season and doesn't seem a confident player. Fagner is not Selecao material at this stage in his career. I don't see much productive offensive support coming from Danilo, and if he is going to be used mostly defensively, I'd rather Tite give the position to Marquinhos. I hope to be totally wrong about Danilo.

Midfield - solid, but still not enamored with creativity. Coutinho will help tremendously, but will hurt against more solid midfields (aka Spain) where I think Fernandinho will need to come in. But that is not the case with all teams, and not the case today.

Everything else is solid.

Breakout player (even though he is already a world commodity) - Willian.

Good luck everyone.