Copa do Mundo 2014: Knockout Rounds [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe we just have a different thinking of what's a 100% chance but hey a give you that Argentina had several good chances to score (as had Germany with Müller, Höwedes and Klose).

2. Redshift

Redshift Member+

Dec 14, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thiago Silva and David Luiz had been unbeaten for 25 games while playing together until the Netherlands game. The issue isn't that pairing necessarily, but the lack of a central midfield. This not only left us exposed, it made us way too dependent on Luiz to get the ball out of our own half.

Pandore, NotreDameFlamengo and benni... repped this.
  3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A shot that hits the post is not considered a shot on goal. Just because the goalie doesn't make a save, doesn't mean a team didn't have great scoring chances. Argentina had 3 that probably made Germans go "oh sh1t" ....

MatthausSammer and Redshift repped this.
  4. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure it's always a question where to place a player with the biggest outcome for the team. Luiz would be a great DM, I never could understand why someone wants to play him in the defense, especially if you have another great CB. It's the same with the German NT and playing Lahm in midfield - it's ok but as early as both of Schweini and Khedira were matchfit for 90+ minutes he was put back to defense. You also can't compare friendlies with official matches and sorry the Confederations Cup is seen widely as holiday-breaker nothing more.

But Luiz to midfield wasn't even tried by Scolari and I guess Luiz has his own part here.

Well who knows better than me? I for sure had some heart attacks that match but it's a final that are mostly 50/50 and deserved so. It was a great match (ok less for the neutrals) witch both teams could end up winning.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    All I am saying is that I've seen some people claim Argentina didn't even have a shot on goal as part of an argument saying they weren't good in the Final. When in reality they did have a few dangerous plays.

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sure nobody said they weren't dangerous.. but its's a difference between 3 chances, "100%" chances and even more dangerous than Germany when in fact you never had a shot on goal. They played a great match with a legit tactic but created very few offesively by themselves, most chances came after German mistakes which is also totally fine as approach but some seem to claim Argentina were the better team (no Argentinians as I remember..) It's more about German haters anyway :)

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    German haters? All I've heard is gushing and praise in this section at least.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's referring to the few trolls that have stopped by....everyone else is very happy with the neutral's reaction to this team. Brazilians have been incredible and awesome hosts...thank you.

Dhajj, Dage, Andr3sfc and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Andr3sfc

Andr3sfc Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Manaus
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Probably no one has said this yet, but you guys (Germans) are f*cking welcomed in this forum.

Redshift, Cris 09 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We appreciate your hospitality, both in hosting and in here.

Andr3sfc, Redshift and Cris 09 repped this.
  11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I have some news you may be interested in: Lahm retired from the German National Team.

12. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who's next in line at RB?

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No one. We have Boateng who is a CB who has probably played there the most followed by a few stints of Bender and Grosskreuts.

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Behind Lahm it's all just one big cluster of mediocrity. Boateng's probably the best at it, but why be a decent fullback when you could be a very good centerback? Jung's another option, with a refined offensive game but needs work on defence, Jung would be my personal choice. Or there's Großkreutz the Swiss army knife; won't be above average at much, but also not below average at much either. Erik Durm's another one; a converted striker to fullback, he's only spent a year playing the position and shown decent promise. There are a couple others, but I think those are the realistic options.

15. Lockeroom

Lockeroom Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Respect. The end at the top.

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Lahm could of played one more international tournament. Euro's is 2 years from now and still fairly young but I guess it hard to top anything after you won a World Cup and last year won a treble. There is nothing to prove anymore. Respect.

17. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow he's only 30!! I dont think it's the end for him!! He will be at Euro' 16

18. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    lmfao @ Ronaldo the GK getting his skull polished

19. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Thiago Silva's like "Thats a load of bullshit, but I'll stay quite because I know it's being filmed."

20. samuel_clemens

Dec 20, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    TS literally biting his tongue there.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @ESPNagora: Na chegada ao #Grêmio, Felipão diz que não está 'nem aí' para discussão de 7 a 1 da Copa. LEIA EM: http://t.co/iyrUnYD6PW