PBP: Copa del Rey - Semifinal, 2nd Leg | Valencia CF v FC Barcelona | 8 February 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 5, 2018.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fantastic work rate from Suarez on that 2nd goal.

2. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #77 unclesox, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    ¡BARÇA FINALISTA!

ShortyMac and inswinger repped this.
  3. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    #78 unclesox, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Since Atletico Madrid are at home on the day of the Copa final, why not an alternative? :sneaky:

4. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Valverde post match interview for BeIn sports when asked why he played Gomes: " Gomes is very important and helped us greatly to win this match and i will keep depending on him in the big games "

[​IMG]

Bada Bing repped this.
  5. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Barca has won the last 19 ties.

inswinger and unclesox repped this.
  6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

OMG! Valverde doing almost everything right but he's still a moron when it comes to Shitmes and playing Craperto in RB over Semedo. Why can't he just... Ahhhh do the right thing! What the ********!

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Obviously being political.

8. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

He's making himself look like a fool!

Sport ratings:
    "Andre Gomes, 4 -- One stray pass almost left Barça in trouble before he was taken off at halftime."

9. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's the curse of Lucho , seems we will never get rid of it and whoever comes will just copy paste whatever the previous coach did ,

unfortunately Valverde also doesn't like to play coutinho or Dembele on the left side which lowers their potential since they are dangerous on the left wing specially coutinho , i guess we can say goodbye to seeing Suarez in the middle and messi on the right wing again.

Trillz repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Holy shit, was Gomes ever bad! In the 5th minute,Kondogbja dribbled around Gomes like he wasn’t even there and then injured himself when he tried to pass. For the rest of the half, Kondogbia was on one leg yet still owned Gomeshit!

Among the worst 45 minute performances I’ve ever seen!

11. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    inswinger repped this.
  12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Suarez’ assist for Coutinho ‘s first Barca goal was almost five years to the day that he assisted Coutinho for his first Liverpool goal. :cool:

ShortyMac repped this.
  13. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Suarez is such a champion, Neymar is easily 5X more talented than him but Suarez thumps everyone with his aggression.

Forzabarca repped this.
  14. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I was pleasantly surprised with the pace he showed with the initial burst to leave the defender behind. Especially on the first goal.

15. bronx_bull

bronx_bull Member

Sep 23, 2004
    The street mentality that he provides with the change of direction and the physical effort, love this player.

16. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Do you guys think Cillessen will get more playing time based on his save yesterday, or is he always destined to be a backup keeper??

17. unclesox

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    As long as ter Stegen is ahead of him and free of injury I believe Cillessen will only see action in the Copa del Rey. He may get playing time towards the end of La Liga if things are already decided and would only play in Champions League on a Matchday 6 if the team's group placing is cemented by then. But I feel he'll have to leave Barca to find more playing time than he's getting now.
    Hope he stays because I do think he's quality. But I wouldn't be surprised if he requested a move.

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  18. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

lol @ craperto , the more i see him trying to defend the more i wonder why Semedo even bothered to continue , he should've requested a transfer because it seems no matter how crappy Roberto's defending is , semedo will never get a chance to play regularly.

well .. we will get punished later on specially in the CL and Valverde will still do like Lucho and play both roberto and gomes then everyone will wonder what went wrong at the end of the season as usual , wonder when will people get sick&tired of this BS and actually do something.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, Goncalo owned Roberto pretty badly yesterday. On that particular play I think we have to ask, WTF Pique was doing? Trying to be the hero that clears the ball off the line, I guess. But he sure didn't recognize what was transpiring there.

No-way Gomes is starting in the CL. Gomes also just earned himself a 5-week summer vacation during the World Cup because he ain't getting called-up by Portugal either after that performance.

20. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes it seems like some folks here are happier when they think certain players are playing poorly -- that they'd actually rather those players play poorly, because if they couldn't complain about or ridicule those players, life would be just that little bit worse.

condor11, unclesox and Trillz repped this.
  21. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Everyone here wants what's best for Barca, PERIOD... and when players play like shit over and over they are bad for Barca. How many chances do you think a player deserves before being shipped off? Shitmes is using his boyish charm to keep himself in Barca and get trophies he doesn't deserve. I think it's sad folks defend shit to death saying maybe tomorrow it'll smell like strawberry. Let me tell you folks one thing: SHIT will always look smell and act like shit.

puyol repped this.
  22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

961929315511390208 is not a valid tweet id

23. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not as bad as they want certain players to fail, it seems.

24. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Why would we care about a player like Shitmes? What has he done to deserve our hope 1,5 years after signing and ruining alot for others while making shit loads of money? Why do you make him a victim? This is not kindergarten! He's well off, playing in a club he doesn't deserve to be in with players he doesn't deserve to play with! He had his chances, gimme a break. Its been too long he is and will always be a failure at Barca.

Viscaelbarca and puyol repped this.
  25. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way in which you constantly write about him indicates that he's pretty much ALL you care about.

I know I'm going to regret asking this question -- I normally don't see your posts, but I suffered a back injury recently, am immobile right now, and can't get to my desktop machine, and Tapatalk doesn't honor ignore lists -- but do you really think that Andre Gomes plays poorly intentionally? That he could play significantly better, but doesn't in order to sabotage Barca? Do you really believe that? That's a simple yes or no question, btw.

unclesox repped this.