PBP: Copa del Rey - Quarter Final, 2nd Leg | FC Barcelona v RCD Espanyol | 25 January 2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jan 22, 2018.

1. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Paulinho & Dembele will be involved in that rotation. But because of Coutinho's versatility, 3 out of the 5 can play at the same time, even when Messi, Busquets and Suarez are all starting and everyone is healthy.

Which is no problem because Coutinho is not eligible to play in every game, and Iniesta physically can't play every game any more, so its not like Valverde is going to lose any sleep trying to figure-out how to get everyone playing time.

2. Force Barca

Force Barca Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 23, 2017
    Yeah but you need to take into account Gomes too

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Nah, I don't. And neither does Valverde.

That isn't to say he won't see some action. That's what 80th-minute substitutions in 4-nil games are for. :cool:

4. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's like when your co-worker moves to a commuter suburb way out of town but still says to people that he's from your town.

C'mon, Espanyol, just own it. I used to respect you when you played at the Sarrià stadium.

5. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    In U.S. sports, especially the NFL, there are a number of teams that don't play in the city that they claim: Orchard Park Bills, East Rutherford Jets, East Rutherford Giants, Arlington Cowboys, Santa Clara 49ers... :D

The Sarrià was a nice venue but I think once it went all-seater the capacity was reduced to under 20,000. Still, you didn't always have to buy a ticket to see a match. :cool:

inswinger repped this.
  6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    TBF their stadium is only 4 miles from Camp Nou. But still a good troll... :D