Copa Centroamericana - Schedule and RESULTS

Discussion in 'Central America' started by IASocFan, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Kreis will do what every coach has done from his very beginnings as a youth national through MLS.

He will get every chance to show his talent, have some real quality flashes lil kids will drool over and gives you some hope, surrounded by consistent middling/selfish/short sighted/one dimensional play that will regulate him to spot duty on the bench. He also will disappear against real quality.
    US Cup, late sub, CCC duty...

It's been the AA way since his youth days. The ultimate "flatter to deceive" player.

2. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I don't blame either of you for thinking that way and here's to hoping both of you are wrong this time around.

I'd like to also note that he was inactive for a while before coming to this tournament...hopefully it's just fatigue that did him in vs Panama and he bounces back vs Honduras tommorow.

3. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Speaking of the matches tommorow, here are the times...

Nicaragua vs Guatemala
    4 PM ET
    3 PM CT
    1 PM PT

El Salvador vs Honduras
    6:30 PM ET
    5:30 PM CT
    3:30 PM PT

Panama vs Costa Rica
    9 PM ET
    8 PM CT
    6 PM PT

Yeah, all matches live via GOLTV.

4. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Trust me, this is what every coach has ever said about him (from U17 up), and hoped the light would just go off (myself inc). It never has. I wish him well, but here comes a point where you just get cynical. The guy has some skill. Maybe it will take this cycle. I agree with Flash however. I don't know how many minutes he can get on that RSL team. Kreis will not tolerate slacking and for an MLS squad, they are pretty deep.

Is this considered a full El Sal team? I know a guy here or there may be missing but I would appreciate knowing. I know Hondo and CR don't have their full teams here. Thanks.

5. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    This is mix of more young than experience players. They are working on hiring a new coach, so the player pool looks big at the moment.

>UNO<

6. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Right, I've seen the unfortunate development and totally understand why you guys feel that way... but now that he's going to be counted on in this cycle for our NT...I'm REALLY hoping he sheds that reputation.

About our current team in this tourney... About 5 starters, 3-4 bench/fringe players and the rest are young guys who are relative newbies to the international scene, but they are the bunch who are in good form as of this moment. Down the road alot of these young fellas may be a factor in the road to Brasil.

Also noteworthy, the current coach is an interim who will be dismissed at the end of the tournament.

7. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Well, that's what you want, the young guys stepping up.

It's early in the cycle, but I saw El Sal early last cycle and they looked better to me. Early days however. A cycle is a long time in the soccer world.

I think AA will definitely contribute in a positive manner. However, just be cautious when he scores a sick goal or has a blinder of a match. Don't expect it all of the time. If it happens you will have something, I just wouldn't expect it.

He also has problems when he plays teams that can physically over match him, so be ready for that.

He may get it, and good for him and El Sal, just as long as he doesn't get it when he plays the US.:p

8. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    I usually don't get publicly over confident.. but, we got this tonight (panama)

9. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why didn't Milton Nunez play for Honduras tonight? He's been excellent in this Copa so far. I hope to see him in the finals.

10. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    He was hurt.

>UNO<

11. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tough way to lose.

great to see all the home fans though come out for the game. Panama had the majority of the chances from the run of play.

good game.

1 person likes this.
  12. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    BTW its not Milton Nunez, who was also known as Tyson Nunez. The guys name is Ramon Nunez.

13. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ouch.

14. berserker999

berserker999 Red Card

Jan 22, 2011
    What time is the Panama game in New Orleanstime?

15. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    d'oh!! I knew I was saying the name wrong.

I used to like him when he played for Dallas back in the day. He's gone on to have a nice career and has really improved as a player since then.

16. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Top goals of the tournament IMO :

1. Nicaragua's goal in a 2-1 lost to Guatemala :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGRMnc0QJKs"]YouTube - NICARAGUA VS GUATEMALA COPA CENTROAMERICANA UNCAF 2011[/ame]

2. Celso Borges Costa Rica's goal in a PSO Semifinal win vs Panama :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0UdGAYn8c&feature=related"]YouTube - ¡Golazo de Celso! Panamá 0-1 Costa Rica -www.MarioSegura.com-[/ame]

3. Pando Ramirez Guatemala's goal vs Honduras :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V5vHsCzgDk"]YouTube - Copa centroamericana Guatemala 1 Honduras 1[/ame]

Honorable mention : Honduras's game winner vs Costa Rica in the final :

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w5mdSzD7fU"]YouTube - Honduras vs Costa Rica 2-0 GOL de Honduras (23/1/2011) Copa Centro Americana[/ame]