Copa Bridgestone Sudamericana 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by JAIME CHILE, Jun 29, 2011.

1. lyunmetrb88

lyunmetrb88 New Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Congrats to U de Chile. They just outplayed my Liga de Quito. The youth in them really outshone in this final and made Liga show their age. It's a shame Vargas might get sold because I wanted to see this exact team in the Copa Libertadores 2012. Congratulations

2. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    They have a decent chance.

3. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    This is excellent news.

4. chewie4917

chewie4917 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    I'd like to see Vargas stay and play in the Libertadores; La U has something special at the moment.

At the same time though, he probably feels that now is the right time to make the move to a European club. Generally, when a Chilean player does remarkably well in either the Sudamericana or the Libertadores, it is an indication of what he will achieve in the future. Vargas' numbers in the Sudamericana are very impressive.

5. MRschizoid21

MRschizoid21 Member

Nov 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really see the problem with holding a spot for the team that does best in Sudamericana. CONMEBOL policy already says that a team that wins Sudamericana and hasn't already qualified replaces a "previously qualified" team in the last spot.
    It actually makes some sense to have those teams fight for that spot instead of some team qualifying in the last spot and being bounced later on.

6. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    Thanks, it was an honour to defeat a S.American great like LDU...even if you had many players injured. Will you guys play Copa Libertadores?

7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Mark your calendars: Monday Dec. 19, 7:30 PM EST (4:30 PM PST). Liga plays Nacional at the Casa Blanca. Liga needs to win 1-0 or by 2+ goals to qualify to the Libertadores as #3 in Serie A.