Copa America roll call

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by AndSomeAreAngels, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    I just purchased tickets for the middle game USAvParquay on the site. Keeping fingers crossed for Argentina Tickets as I won't be able to catch the third game.

2. briefreader

briefreader New Member

May 19, 2006
    Okay, got my plane ticket booked to Venezuela. Now searching for tickets, but I see that delujo only has the Paraguay match available. I'm actually thinking it may be better to just wait and buy on the scene from a tout, especially in light of the cluster!@#$ that is the ticket buying process. (And to think that the World Cup was better, F5ing all day and using Sleeper's program!) What's everybody's ticket situation like? Do you think getting scalped tickets will be okay?

Also, anybody up for meeting before the games? I'm not too keen on getting bushwhacked in Venezuela, which apparently makes Colombia look tame. Outside of a trip to Angel Falls (to be done before 06/28), I'm basically going to follow the USNT and doing whatever else during the gaps.

3. DanteSoccer

DanteSoccer WC 86, 94, 02, 06

Feb 24, 2005
    Dallas
    You know, I thought I had tickets. But the charge never appeared on my bank account. I emailed the company but didn't hear back. Last status showing on my account is "Pendiente" which is "Pending" in English.

How about the rest of you, have you seen a charge on your credit card accounts?

4. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Have you looked in "su cuenta" after you log in to the website?

If you go there, it will list all of your orders (real and imagined:) If there is a "C" next to your order number it is 'confirmed', an "X" is cancelled and "P" is pending.

If you've got an "X", presumably your credit card was rejected (I think there was a day where EVERYBODY got rejected) and YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY FOR YOUR ORDER.

If you got a "C" you should have a charge on your card by now, BUT THEY HAVE YET TO SEND ANY INFO ABOUT HOW YOU ACTUALLY WILL GET YOUR TICKETS!!!

If your order has a "P", it is still pending and you can hit "Realizar Pago" if you feel like a gambler. Apparently, all orders not paid for several days ago would be cancelled, but I've still got plenty of P's and no new X's in my account. Presuming they let you attempt to pay again after hitting the Realizar Pago button, and your card is accepted and you are charged, it is still unclear to me where and how you will get your tickets.

I have sent repeated e-mails to DeLujo to clarify things, and they have responded to none. These attempted correspondences were all in perfect Spanish, written by a native speaker for me.

Somebody on the board called DeLujo last week and DeLujo promised to send out an e-mail this past monday clarifying ticket delivery. Of course that didn't show up.

I am very close to just disputing the charge with my credit card company and calling it day. This is all exceedingly frustrating.

And don't forget to get your Yellow Fever vaccine and proof of MMR status for the Venezuelan border cops!!!

5. jthomassap

jthomassap New Member

May 2, 2007
    I have tix "confirmado"(confirmed) , some "pendientes" (waiting to confirm) and some "X for Cancelado" (canceled). The confirmados showed up on my wifes creditcard issued in Venezuela. supposedly after June 20 we can pick them up with our pirntout of the confirmation and ID. They are supposed to say where in the future.

I go to Venezuela a lot since my wife is from there and nothing works properly. you have to take everything with a stride.

My brother's - in - laws say tix are showing up on with scalpers for about 2 times the face value.

See ya there...at least the beer is good.

6. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Any sense as to WHERE in the country our "confirmed" tickets might be waiting for us? Logic would dictate they would be in the city where the games would be played, but this has been a relatively logic-free process.

I am flying into Maracaibo the night before USA-Argentina and don't want to be told I need to go to Caracas to get my tix.

7. fabios

fabios New Member

May 22, 2006
    Houston

I do some business there with a steel mill in Caracas and my contacts there tell me exactly the same thing. Scalpers are selling for about double face value.
    The Venezuela and Brazil games are the most highly sought after though from what I hear.

8. Thunderpac

Thunderpac Member

Feb 16, 2000
    NE Minneapolis
    Double face value -- so instead of $16 they are selling for $32? That almost sounds better than trying to coordinate with delujo promociones online.

9. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc

USA - Argentina tix are now available online!

10. TommyG

TommyG New Member

Sep 9, 2001
    New York City
    I just purchased the USA-Argentina game, thanks for the info that is was available rksehga. This is for the VIP section and includes the Paraguay vs Colombia match for VEB 190500 + 25000 handling. So count me as another going, but it seems very difficult to find a hotel in Maracaibo...

11. mcadaal

mcadaal Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The only reason I am looking forward to Copa America is because the U.S will finally get a real test against good teams. I am tired of us beating teams that are not so strong, which ends up being a meaningless win. I keep asking myself "when are we going to play against Argentina, Brazil or Italy (I know Italy is no in Copa America)?" I just want to see how good we really are. I know we have the potential to do great damage..... STILL MORE THAN MOST WOULD THINK! People won't get it until we beat a team like Argentina.
    Who are we going to send to prove that we are talented enough to compete with the likes of Argentina....... I am dreading it will a B team.

12. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    you should thank MikeyMike15 actually! finding a place in maracaibo is one of the last details my group needs to fill.

13. fabios

fabios New Member

May 22, 2006
    Houston
    Something you guys might be interested in as an FYI. Since I do business down in Venezuela, i was just informed on how really bad the situation is down there in terms of demand for US dollars. I say bad but it actually good for Americans travelling down there.

I concluded a deal last week for $4000 VEB for $1 in the Venezuela black market through a personal friend down there. the official published exchange rate is is VEB 2150 per dollar. The black market is paying almost double as you can see. Of course, no bank or credit card will give you this rate( they will give you the official VEB 2150) but my advice to you is that if you opt to pay your taxis, meals, hotels in DOLLARS, you should be able to negotiate a better rate because GUARANTEED whoever you give dollars to in Venezuela is going to get at least VEB 3500 per dollar.

14. rickr

rickr New Member

May 3, 2002
    San Diego
    I just found out that I can go to the Copa America. How do I get tickets?

15. FallenAndCan'tGetUp

FallenAndCan'tGetUp New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Get youself a plane ticket -Copa Air through Panama to Maracaibo

We'll see you there. All the big soccer talkers (fence sitters) won't be around

It's gnona be awesome!

16. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    also, get your vaccinations people...

17. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    Apparently, the Yellow Fever and MMR vaccinations are only highly recommended, not required. However, there was a recent outbreak of measles in Caracas and you'll want the Yellow Fever vaccine if you plan to spend any time outside of the big cities, which means if you're going to Merida, Barinas or Angel Falls, get the vaccine.

Probably a good idea to get Hepatitis A and Typhoid Fever as well. If you plan on sticking your pipe in some whores, prolly a good idea to get Hepatitis B too.