Copa America Chile 2015 ( June–July 2015)

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by viagoal, Nov 23, 2014.

1. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #3 viagoal, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    Ecuador has pot "3" because of FIFA ranking.

Ecuador's chances to go to the next round would increase if they draw in "Pot 1 with Chile" along with Uruguay from pot "2" and Jamaica from pot "4" Just saying :D

The strongest scenario being in a group with Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela

an even group with Brazil, Mexico and Bolivia

GPisco repped this.
  3. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Copa America Draw/Sorteo:

Date:
    Monday, November 24

Time: 10 p.m. GMT, 5 p.m. ET

TV Info: beIN Sports (US only)

Live Stream: beIN Sports Connect

4. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Should be an interesting draw i think this will be our best Copa America in awhile, Ecuador didn't get out of the group stage last time. I predict Chile, Uruguay, and Venezuela. Looking over Ecuador possible opponents i think we'll get stuck in a even strength group. (*if they advance)
    Pot 1:
    Chile: Home team, plus the biggest threat to any team in the tournament and they are playing amazing football
    Argentina: Currently the best S.A team, if Messi gets the ball rolling Argentina will beat any opponent with ease, if he doesn't teams will have to capitalize on their average defense to get a result
    Brazil: They are unpredictable they play good football one day and struggle the next. Neymar is essentially their lifeline without him they don't pose a threat
    Pot 2:
    Colombia: They are a great team, fantastic players, and style of play, they are team you want to avoid
    Uruguay: Title holders and a tournament team, but without Suarez its hard to say if they'll make it far. They are extremely unpredictable.
    Mexico:If they take the A team they'll upset any team any day, if they take the B team i wouldn't expect much
    Pot 3:
    *Paraguay: They look to be one of the weaker team but might scrap through with some results
    *Peru: Same goes for them
    Pot 4:
    Venezuela: Should be an easy victory
    Bolivia: Easy win, good chance to capitalize on some goal difference if we need it, and giving some of the younger guys a chance to get a feel for the pressure of playing a Copa America game
    Jamaica: Same for them

5. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #6 viagoal, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    Ecuador va al Grupo A
    y jugara inaugural de Copa América
    Jueves, June 11, 2015 Mexico vs Ecuador @ 20:00

Copa America 2015
    Group A

Group B

Group C

Chile

Argentina

Brazil

Mexico

Uruguay

Colombia

Ecuador

Paraguay

Peru

Bolivia

Jamaica

Venezuela

ECUA-718 repped this.
  6. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  7. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The first game against Chile is key if we take one point from this game then the group is ours as long as we have a good goal difference. Mexico is most likely taking the B team, If they took the A team then this group would be intense.

8. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  9. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Does anyone have a clue when we're getting our new kits (jersey) ?

10. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I doubt we get new jerseys until next qualifiers but it should be interesting to see what they come up with. If Ecuador ends up first in the group they have a good chance of facing Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela (best 3rd place) if we end up running up in group A we either face Brazil or Colombia. Taking first is probably Ecuador best chance of progessing to the semis but that's where it gets increasingly difficult we'll have to face either Chile, Brazil, or Colombia. Assuming we pass on it's either us vs Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela, Uruguay, Brazil, Colombia, or Argentina (highly unlikely to likely). My 2 ideal teams in either 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 would be

4-4-2
    Dominguez
    Paredes-Canga(Erazo)-Mina-Ayovi(Pinieda)
    Ibarra (Arroyo)-Valencia-Noboa-Montero
    Enner-Jaime

4-2-3-1
    Dominguez
    Paredes-Canga(Erazo)-Mina-Ayovi(Pinieda)
    Valencia-Noboa
    Ibarra(Arroyo)-Cazares(M.Bolanos)-Montero
    Enner

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    With all the polemica going on, I think this won't be a good copa America for us.

14. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you are right theres a whole list of thing happening
    1. We still have yet to uncover and solve what happened in the world cup
    2. Chiriboga and all these under the table deal he's been linked to
    3. The crisis going on in El Campeonato Nacional
    4. The Guerron scandal (if he didnt sign with Chiribogas nephew then he would be left out of the wc squad)
    5. The whole creating a Liga Professional thing
    6. I'm pretty sure the feud between Paz and Chiriboga is still going on
    7. Several players, and coaches disrespecting and criticizing Vizuete
    and im pretty sure there's more

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #16 b9d23m89, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    Lately I've been thinking that Vizuete may not be a good option to stay after Copa America. At first I thought that if he had the support of his players, that things may work out for him, but apparently there's a few here and there that believe we need a "tecnico de primer nivel" (which is true, and Vizuete does not fit into that category). As much appreciation as Montero may have for Vizuete for giving him the opportunity to shine on the NT when nobody knew him, he still believes Vizuete isn't the ideal option for the NT. If one of the leaders of this NT isn't completely confident in Vizuete, then it's hard to transmit the good vibes and solidify a good team/group of friends which is what we've always been able to do. Last time Edison Mendez was the one that didn't believe in Vizuete for the 2010 Qualifier. I don't think that trend needs to continue b/c the outcome that time wasn't good and we were all disappointed. The FEF needs to quit with the bullsh*tting and hire a competent coaching staff that's capable of taking this NT to the next level and leave the problems behind that have been surfacing lately....I've already named a good number of them and why I think they're great coaches.

My list from a while back contained these names:
    1. Jorge Fossati & Alex Aguinaga (as a duo)
    2. Antonio 'Turco' Mohamed (currently America's coach)
    3. Marcelo Gallardo (River Plate's current coach....didn't I say they'd make the final of Copa Sudamericana back when it was only round of 16?? Now it became a reality. This guy is gonna win the Copa just like I said and might even win the Argentine league as River is 2nd and only 1 or 2 points away from Racing.)
    4. Ricardo Gareca (I think Costa Rica is about to make him sign the dotted line...another excellent coach)

We are now in December and it's safe to say who are the best ecuadorian players this moment. If we were to make an ideal starting 11 based on what we've seen this entire year (and even most recently) it would be:

4-2-3-1
    Dominguez; Paredes, Canga, Erazo, Walter; Antonio, Noboa; Guerron, Miller, Montero; Enner

we can also play with Miller, Cazares, and Montero behind Enner as well since Miller can play all fronts on the attack (even in Enner's position as a false 9).

substitutes
    Keepers: Banguera, Piedra
    Defense: Mario Pineida, Pedro Velasco, Arturo Mina, John Narvaez
    Midfield: Carlos Gruezo, Alex Bolanos, Juan Cazares, Cristian Penilla, Joao Plata
    Strikers: Jaime Ayovi

Renato Ibarra, Michael Arroyo, Junior Sornoza, Fidel Martinez, and Joao Rojas would currently not make my list if we are talking about who's in the best form right now. Maybe Sornoza's numbers in the cameponato say otherwise, but Cazares and Miller are better than him and since he's limited to playing only one position on the field, it cuts him short in my eyes.

The only position where we have to replace a player at this point is Walter's spot. Canga and Erazo will hold in well, especially for next season once Erazo moves back to BSC. Even though Canga doesn't usually start in Liga, when he plays he's done exceptionally well which is admirable. I personally think he's displayed his best performances now that he's been playing a lot less. The 2 or 3 games I saw him play lately prove Canga is maturing and reaching another level. I don't have a doubt in my mind that he'll be starting next season regularly and have an excellent season.

16. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's all one big question mark, Ecuafutbol's future is undecided so even a tournament as close as Copa America is uncertain, In my opinion these are the main factors that can influence our performance.

- Chiriboga getting re-elected in January, this guarantees Vizuete staying for Copa, it also guarantees Chiriboga manipulating the call ups, Guerron? a definitely No, Montero? Who knows, Liga players? If the recent power abuse towards Zubeldia is any sign, Liga is looking towards some serious descrimination if Chiriboga stays.

17. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That cerdo carev*rga hijo de mil p*tas needs to be brought down from his throne. What the FEF did towards Zubeldia was straight bullsh*t. I could understand 2 or 3 months, but 6??? GTFOH with that bs. And Zubeldia's not even allowed to be with the team on training grounds???!! Since when does that happen?

How many players and club team presidents who have spoken negatively about the FEF and Chiriboga by now? And how many more people does it take to come out to the light before somebody catches on and understands that this corrupt individual needs to be taken out of his throne and thrown into a jail cell for being such a son of b*tch.

That mother f*cker has me irritated right now b/c he's screwing around with Liga's future. If we lose Zubeldia, the process and the GREAT progress we have made thus far will be done for nothing. I will be so pissed if Zubeldia doesn't renew his contract with us solely b/c of that.

F*CK YOU CHIRIBOGA YOU SON OF A F*CKING B*TCH!!!!!

Why are all of us ecuadorians so helpless and no one does a damn thing to take this corrupt SOB and his clan out of the FEF??? Are we that irrelevant and powerless?

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously. It doesn't make sense how people are allowing this dude to be in power. What a corrupt asshole. I don't wish bad on anyone but this guy is crossing the line big time. He has to go somehow.

19. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    4-2-3-1 wont work with this group of players. You need a true holding midfielder and while Noboa is a decent player, he not a true number 6. He's at his best when he plays a bit further up the pitch. Ibarra and Montero on the wings wont work also...this system works more effectively when you play with inverted wingers.

20. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If we go with Mina and Canga as our two CB's, we're screwed. Canga needs more seasoning and Mina's technical skills need serious work. In my opinion Narvaez and Erazo should be our starters. Both are more seasoned and possess superior technical skills. They also have some playmaking abilities.

21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    OR you can play with 3 players as enganches. You wouldn't HAVE to use Ibarra in this system as a starter, but I disagree that he isn't useful it in. He could prove to be important.

You can easily play:
    Miller-Cazares-Arroyo (Montero, Penilla)
    Miller-Sornoza-Arroyo (montero, penilla)
    Penilla-Miller-Arroyo (montero)

...as an example.

With Miller Bolanos and Arroyo (and I've even go as far as saying Penilla), you can play them on all fronts of the attack. I know Michael Arroyo plays anywhere in that trident. Miller can play the entire trident area and as a false 9 tipo Enner....same with Penilla I would say. Main thing to take into consideration is that the above mentioned players have one thing in common.....tienen gol. Miller 17 goals this season, Sornoza 17 goals this season....both of them have a considerable number of assists. Arroyo has always been known for his scoring and assists and Penilla has over 10 assists this season alone. Montero may not be as effective as the rest, but he's still very important on the NT.

Oh, and I'm also forgetting Joao Plata. Another player that can score a lot and play on the right or left side of that trident as well. I think if he maintains his form he'll be important to the NT. He was the big surprise player of these last 4 games if you ask me.

At the moment I don't think Arroyo would make the cut to the NT, but what I put up there ^ was an example of the type of players that I think could be suitable for that style of playing. I like Renato, but I think his lack of playing time is going to eat him up and at the moment there's better options. Cristian Suarez in BSC, Angel Mena in Emelec, and not to mention Joffre Guerron in Tigres are all in a better moment than him. Even Arroyo is a better choice for now. Right now I don't really see Renato on the NT, I don't know about you guys but there's other players who are in top form compared to him right now.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #23 The Machine, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    Playing with three enganches is a tricky proposition. I don't really know of any team that does it. Playmakers need the ball at their feet in order to make things happen. Have them play off the ball and you run the risk of losing the player and thereby messing up the whole dynamic of the team. Not many players can do it. In this scenario (Miller - Cazares/Sornoza - Arroyo), Bolanos can fit in but then again he's a special talent. He has the intelligence and off the ball skills to play in any position. I would make one modification as well - play Arroyo on the left as opposed to the right. You get the best of Arroyo when you play him on the left.

I would like Vizuete to experiment with something like this:

Penilla - Bolanos - Mena with Enner leading the attack.

It amazing how many options we have in attack:

Cazares, Bolanos, Sornoza, Montero, Martinez, Arroyo, Penilla, Rojas, Ibarra, Gonzales, Mena, Plata, Enner, Anangono, Jaime Ayovi...I'm probably missing some names as well haha We have a lot of options at the moment so Vizuete has no excuse to not make it work.

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec has played a similar style of futbol. With Miller and even Mena playing as enganches. Mondaini is the only one that isn't fully capable of playing as an enganche (nor Gimenez or Charcopa), but Miller and Mena rotated various times this season in the enganche position. Miller played it all- left, right, middle, and false 9. In that same 4-2-3-1 formation we are using on the NT. The plus is that our NT has players who can make it possible. You said it yourself- Miller can play ANY position up front. Cazares would take charge of the middle which is what he's best at, Miller can be placed on the right or left, and Enner would be the lone striker...the only player we'd need to fully consolidate is the other player who would play on the opposite side of Miller. I really like Cristian Penilla. Reason why? Did you guys take note of how many assists he had this season? He had the 2nd most assists after Angel Mena. What else is notable about Penilla? His recovery. In a handful of games Penilla was one of the players to have recovered the most balls on top of Matias Oyola and Alex Bolanos. That's something unique about him. El tiene ida y vuelta and defends with a high success rate. I personally like players like that. He's very much a complete player IMO. He's fast, strong, and IMO he has lots of similarities with Enner. I really would place my bets on playing him as a lone striker. I'm sure he would fully develop and reach his full potential in that position. He has all the qualities to make it happen, similar to how Enner did in his beginnings.

Joao Plata IMO is a very important substitute player to come off the bench. His presence makes an impact and it was notable in all the games he played with the NT. I think he earned a spot on the NT, at least as a substitute it should be guaranteed for the moment. Cazares necesita mas rodaje, but he's an amazing player no doubt about it. But you can tell that at certain times that he may be lacking a bit of experience at this level, but with time he'll become seasoned. Montero is undeniably gonna start from where I see it. Renato Ibarra seems like he's getting full 90 minute games in lately, but we'll have to see if he can hold on to that for the remainder of the season. If not, I see we have other players in better form than him which is unfortunate for him, but great for us (in a way).

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Can someone explain what's going on with the elections? What the heck happened? I don't get it. Why did the elections stop? Thanks!