Copa America Centenario 2016

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Jan 27, 2016.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Gruezo has slacked in most (not all) the opportunities he's been give on the NT, but hey...it's the best we can do now. I certainly am not a fan of Pedro Larrea, so Gruezo will do for me. I really miss Alex Bolanos and Pedro Quinonez- they're still the best as I've said before. Due to their experience, they will always have the upperhand in my book....as they should. Still makes me think- Why did we not call up Jefferson Orejuela? what a bad decision on Quinteros part.

Miller IMO was the best player on the attack. Everything goes through him. If only Enner would be at his best. Enner, like it or not, is our best striker. When at his best, the guy is deadly with his finishing and his goal per game average on the NT speaks for itself. I wouldn't take him off our line up, BUT I would include Jose Angulo as a main substitute to replace him if Enner seems off again. These games are the perfect opportunities for players like Angulo with little to no experience at this level of futbol. Yoya is in a good moment, but if he is to play I'd rather start with him. I feel like he doesn't make an impact as a substitute. Either way I think Enner starting is the best option to be honest. He needs 5 pounds of muscle mass on him. He's too light when things get physical and that's the main reason he doesn't reach his top potential in the EPL. If he had that, I bet he'd have a very successful season. He's an amazing striker without a doubt. That's why it's good to have players with different characteristics which we do. Enner, Felipe, Jaime, and Angulo are all different. You can even add Miller to the bunch. I think Miller, Enner, Felipe, and Angulo would be the 4 we should keep going forward. Jaime is decent, but I think Angulo brings a breath of fresh air and he's in his moment right now with tons of potential to be the best we've seen in a while in that position. But snapping back to reality, our three guys right now are Enner, Jaime, and Miller and we gotta make the best of it.

Mina did exceptionally well. Really like how he plays. I'm still very doubtful if Erazo-Mina would be the ideal pair due to characteristics. Achilier has always stood out (when he's had great performances), due to his speed and ability to follow through defending players with pace. Mina isn't fast, but he's good with his timing, fantastic in the aerial game, very ballsy, and physically he's tough to get by. Erazo is undoubtedly the starter. That's undeniable. I wouldn't take him out at all. The problem is that with Mina, our defense just seems a bit on the slow side. Mina-Erazo-Walter....that makes me doubtful. With Achilier (on a good day) I feel like he complements Erazo. I remember Jairo Campos was the perfect compliment. He had pace for a big guy and defended really well with Erazo by his side. And later Achilier replaced him, but the idea remained the same. It's worth a try now in a tournament like this rather than Qualifiers. I'd like to see it out of curiosity against a fast team to see how we do b/c that's how we'd really be tested.

And as far as the comments on Walter, he's had this problem against faster teams. I would like to see how Ramirez performs under the same circumstances when his opportunity comes.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  2. bourne1

bourne1 Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Croatia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Enner is having a problem in his head. He must get through this. He had few bad games at West Ham, and fans started to hate him. Bilić started to bench him. He must score some goals to gain confidence, and I expect that against Peru. Achilier is good, but he must get a rid of stupid mistakes. We have no problems with Enner, Gruezo and others, I'm sure they will step up, but what really makes me worry is W. Ayovi. He's very old. and cannot performe like he performed 4-5 years ago. Ayovi is liability and Quinteros should put Ramirez.

3. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Walter Ayovi's still the best we have. If he were to get injured at any point, Ramirez is there to replace him and THEN show if he deserves to keep his spot. Walter generally performs well. Rarely does he have a bad game. That being said, his leadership and experience go hand in hand along with his consistency. Overall he's still important to the NT as a starter until proven otherwise. I don't think one game would dictate whether he should start anymore or not. It doesn't mean Ramirez would've done any better either. Ramirez has to take advantage of any start he gets just like Arturo Mina has with Erazo being injured. Or Enner when Chucho passed. So far Gruezo still leaves doubts in his position even though he's been given his chances. He's a good player, but maybe it's just not the time yet. He's still not the best in his position IMO. And to be in the starting 11, you've gotta be the best in your position. Ramirez hasn't proven that yet. Walter has and for many years.

In Ramirez's defense, I will say that this cup is the perfect time to give him some minutes. Had we won against Brazil and if we were to win against Peru, I would've liked to see Ramirez get a start vs. Haiti even though it's not the most difficult rival. Just like Ramirez, it would be nice and also a perfect time to see Jose Angulo get his minutes in, but then again these kids have to EARN their place on the field. I'm sure Angulo can shine and will shine, but Enner is the best b/c of what he's done at this level. Angulo is still uncapped with the NT. Two different scenarios.

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So, we tied Brasil who is ripping Haiti a new one, the same Haiti who gave Peru a fight, what can we make of this?

6. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This means we
    are the favorites to beat Peru.. but in futbol their is no logic..anything can happen.. and like you said earlier, we always choke in our second game. But tonight is the night we need to end our losing streak in Cola America..

7. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol Cola America.. I meant to say COPA!!!! I'm texting on a phone, and it has Auto correct

8. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We should be able to beat Peru comfortable and by a decent scoreline. If we where able to hang with Brazil and almost beat them we should be able to beat Peru who struggled and almost tied with Haiti. If that logic makes sense.

Ecuador's focus now is not only to win their last 2 remaining games, but to score a boat load of goals. I would rather face USA or Paraguay instead of Colombia (who to me look on form to take it).

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh you must be young, these are the type of games where we dissapoint the most, Remember Bolivia a year ago? Venezuela in 2011? Do you think Peru doesnt know how to play this tournament?

10. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's what I'm saying!! We cant underestimate any team.. also I'm 22, I'm pretty young myself, and I know this

11. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pretty young only 19, but to my knowledge this isn't a full strength Peru and based on my following logic is why i see us winning. But you are right we do disappoint at this stage of the tournament.

12. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is a different Ecuador than the past though. They know now they have what it takes to beat the big teams. You can tell from the attitude of the players and the players in Ecuadorian teams like IDV. In soccer anything can happen but I think Ecuador finally has enough of an attitude that the player believe in themselves now compare to past generations. Ecuador can hang with the best.

Wait till the next gen comes... I think they will be really good.

13. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm so ********in.. SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!! I want us to make it past the group stage for the first time In ********in... YEARS!!!!!!

14. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There there !don't cry.:D

16. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's tooooo late.. I'm already crying.. because PERU is good in COPA AMERICA.. and we're NOT!

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What did I tell you boys?

18. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Thanks Achilier. You suck.

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    we started off shaky in defense right away losing the ball easy and early goal now too they need to get it together

20. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol, not even surprised

Smh

21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    We get a red card in the first half, Im calling it

22. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Peru Stop showing off in Copa america!!!! In eliminatorias they suck!!!!!!!

23. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the jinx of Copa America is lingering. Anybody smell it or see it? I definitely do.

If there's one guy that can counter Quinteros, it's Gareca.

24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gruezo wont finish this half

GPisco repped this.
  25. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Get Gruezo out and Achilier. They suck. I don't care what speed Achilier has. He sucks plain and simple.