Copa America Centenario 2016

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by barcelonista1981, Jan 27, 2016.

1. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The way I see it, 6 months to go,we should start talking about this.

-Is Quinteros bringing the starters?
    -If not who would you like to see in this
    -What are some realistic expectations?
    -What group would we like?
    -Let's be real..we'llbe in Mexico's group

midfield.design repped this.
  2. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he'll bring the starters but will bring a few surprises. I would like to see Cevallos, and Estupinan definitely future NT material. Realistically i see it being Argentina lifting it in the end, but i see Ecuador making it deep if we bring a full strength squad, also considering other teams might not be. I wouldnt be surprised and wouldnt mind Mexico but i see us with USA, Peru, and Panama assuming seeding is based on FIFA rankings.

3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think we need to bring our full strength squad. Usually that summer there is a break in NT futbol and we wouldn't see our guys play until the following September- this is the perfect way to keep team cohesion and chemistry tight. After all, it's a FIFA day, so we can definitely count on everyone being at our disposal.

4. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Group B
    Brazil
    Ecuador
    Peru
    Haiti

barcelonista1981 repped this.
  5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Oh man I hope we do not f*ck this up as we usually do in Copa America, bad news is that we play Brasil AND Peru again in September in Quito and Lima. Quinteros must be smart about these matches.

6. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Man, if I still lived on the west coast I would totally go to the Ecuador vs Brazil match in LA and then road trip it out to Phoenix for the match against Peru. I've got so much temptation to do this!

And I'm hopeful that Ecuador will place 1st in the group so our quaterfinal match will be here in NY/NJ. Quinteros, don't let me down!

7. midfield.design

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Our last game is in Metlife against Haiti that stadium is going to be crazy. You know how many Haitians live in the metro area.

8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Where is the Brazil Ecuador going to be at?

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rose Bowl

10. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hey guys, turns out I have two extra tickets for the Ecuador-Haiti game. They are in section 315, row 1. PM me your interest level if you are planning on going to the game.

Thanks!

11. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'll try to make it to the NY game. Maybe we'll run into each other like in the game vs. Germany a few years back.

12. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hopefully we won't be 4-nil down by the time I show up lol. Gotta meet up with Manolo and Cris 09 too!

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That'd be awesome!!!

14. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #14 The Machine, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    List is out. Some thoughts:

1) Azcona should have been called up instead of Banguera. Disagree with Quinteros on this one.

2) KInda surprised that Quinteros went with Gruezo. He's had some good performances with FC Dallas but overall he's been inconsistent. Orejuela on the other hand has been a rock for Independiente.

3) Quinteros played it smart by calling Pineida, Caicedo, and Angulo as backups. Smart move there.

http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/noticia/ecuador-ya-revelo-la-lista-de-23-para-copa-america/67063

15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #15 cabezamagica, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    Azcona definitely should be on this list,this guy is having a great performance in libertadores in better level than any of the other three.Angulo too is more phisical than mena and also on a roll.Imo Angulo deserves a chance,Enner and Miller are not 100 % yet .I think he has some of Caicedos characteristics,sometimes you have to go with the guy that s scoring in high pressure games on an international tournament rather than players who are still recovering from injuries.

16. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Kinda wish Quinteros called him up in place of Ayovi. He's been playing well in Argentina and scoring but Angulo is the future at the position. Ayovi has been a disappointment for the NT for the most part.

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    New uniforms are out. Don't like the yellow one at all. The blue one though is actually nice.

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i still have 2 tickets to sell for the Ecuador vs. Haiti game on Sunday June 12

They are in section 315, row 1. PM me your interest level if you are planning on going to the game.

LDU4ever repped this.
  19. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Holy crap Arroyo... I hope he gets to play.

20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The new jerseys. Mixed feelings. I like the blue, but the yellow makes me feel like a beauty pageant winner with that blue streak running diagonally across the shirt. Admittedly, it does look better as a long sleeve jersey though.

cabezamagica repped this.
  21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Looks better than the tribal crap they wore at the WC or just fugly with the yellow blue and red across the chest.

22. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Jaja. Maybe you're right. 2002 World Cup is still classic.

23. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Couple of questions surrounding the team: Who will start alongside Noboa in midfield? It's basically a tossup between Gaibor and Gruezo. Both have their merits. Quinteros is familiar with Gaibor from their time together in Emelec. Gaibor and Noboa are very similar players. Both are at their best when in possession. Gruezo being a more traditional defensive mid allows Noboa to play a bit further up the pitch, where he's at is best.

Ramirez will by default start at LB. Walter Ayovi hasn't joined the team yet as he's still with Monterrey.

Will Montero start? In all likelihood he will start the game against USA but if he plays like he played in the games against Paraguay and Colombia then he might get relegated to the bench. Quinteros has Arroyo, Martinez, and Mena waiting for their chance.

24. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  25. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    My line up against Brazil
    Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 3.22.35 AM.png