Copa America 2020 (in 2021) not in Colombia & Argentina, but maybe Brasil? (Pre-thread)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They did; they work especially close with my squadron and the shore duty squadron here in Lemoore. I interact with the contractors each and every day.

Furnaccio repped this.
  2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope staying in Lemoore. All my experience is with charlies and I don't know much about the alpha and bravo versions of the F35 in terms of hand experience.

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Still doesn’t make sense

kromekote, sitruc and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Obrigado Faryd

Froboy69, dapip, pibe10 and 3 others repped this.
  6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    If our boys thought that expectations were high in this current Copa America, I don't know how we'll be up to the task of making it to the finals.

Do group teams that advance still pretty much play each other in QFs? not only until Semis do you play the other group? Once again Conmebol trying to outsmart everyone....

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    4 out of 6 qualifying is sucks, same as 2 out of 3 best 3rd...I like this format, but they needed to promote two teams from each group into a final group and the winner gets the cup. This way you won't have all kind of Paraguays who will bunker for 80 minutes just to get a 0-0 draw and then penalties.

As for us - no excuse. Less then a final is a huge failure. we won't get a better chance to win the cup than this one. Now it's time for James & co. to man up.

8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want the title.....

They right now owe us a WC and a Copa América. They need to stop shutting their pants when it counts

CalamityX18 repped this.
  9. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They don't owe anyone shit. Stop being a clown, do you think the other teams don't compete?

dapip, Doogs, CalamityX18 and 5 others repped this.
  10. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He sounds like a frustrated 8 year old

dapip, J-Mezzy and pepinointer repped this.
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

You give him too much credit.

4 is more accurate

dapip and jay luis repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You don’t think we could have easily won this cup? At some point we need to go to tournies to win not to learn. I know some of you older posters are still traumatized by Bolillo and his mind control.

How is that me being a 4 year old? Are you guys even fans?

Chile played 1 good game... maybe not even that. Colombia played like shit that game. I have always said we are ying and yang. One game we are Real Madrid the next game we are Thaiti women’s team.

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We fuccxked up. It is what it is.

CalamityX18 repped this.
  14. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    your posts are like hearing the mexican commentators on Univision and Telemundo. They use the same crap logic

dapip repped this.
  15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We aren’t a better team then Peru? Us In the final at least was that too much to dream. We came up short... again... we need to look at why

16. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The answer might hurt but no we are not a better TEAM than Peru right now. We might have more talent but we didn't get it done. All the little stuff that we knew, came back to hurt us. RB/LB play is a weakness. Mina more worried about celebrations than results. James throwing tamper tantrums. Falcao is not what he used to be. Ospina is just an OK keeper.

Honestly I could go on and nitpick the whole team. We were outplayed and outcoached in one game and it cost us the tournament. You love blaming the coaches but let's put some heat on the players too. They need to perform when it counts.

Furnaccio repped this.
  17. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    True but a tad harsh about Ospina. Well said though!

Peru has accomplished more than us in what is supposed to be our “golden generation” which is scary.

2011/2015 copa: third place
    2019: second place

Ospina saved our @$$ in the Chile game and did a great job overall in this copa. It’s unfair to be critical of his penalty shoot out performance. I am nervous about the other GKs as we go into this cycle.

Other than Uruguay, who is still relying on Muslera (but plays weekly), I think we are are one of a few NT’s in the world still using the same GK from the 2010 cycle. While it says a lot about Ospina, it also shows how untested we are depth wise.

RB play is weak. 100% agree. Medina proved that he is only capable of being a backup only or starter against weak teams.

LB play is fine. I really liked what I saw from Tesillo this tournament. I knows others didn’t, but I saw more out of tesiilo than Mojica/Borja/Deiver over the prior 12 months. Maybe that’s a low standard, but with Fabra regaining fitness, I think Fabra/Tesillo could be the two guys on the Left, unless someone from youth ranks (with armero lungs) comes out of nowhere

Mina - agree. I just hope he can put out 35 games next season and be healthy. He won’t have a NT career if he continues to have club seasons like this past campaign.

James - kinda agree. I just don’t like him wearing the armband. I was watching the Mexico game last night and I liked seeing Guardado stand up for his teammates and calmly approach the refs whenever there was a situation. I get it - he has like 200 caps for Mexico, but you can sense his leadership for Mexico the way you can with Maldini for Italy, Keane for Manchester United, Cafu for Brazil, Veiria for Arsenal, Zanetti for inter, derossi/totti for roma - etc etc

lvbeto repped this.
  18. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    you guys are nuts.... Peru has accomplished more? How? Peru had a very accessible group BUT unlike us finished their PKs when it mattered. They played their 'final' vs Chile, just like Chile played their match to win vs us and even then still needed to go to PKs

Peru had to play repechaje to finally make their first WC in 36 years(let's not forget the bonus 3 pts)! Since their last WC we had been in 90, 94, 98, 2014, 2018. Won Copa 2001, 3rd place in Centenario and made deep runs in several other Copas in the past 30 yrs I'm too lazy to google so @Furnaccio don't go spitting off too much without context.

Yes, we played like poop vs Chile when it mattered. Yes Peru has lots more fight and soldiers on the field that we lack. But we played pretty consistently despite playing with a brand new coach. Colombia has a much deeper pool, some which didnt even play this Copa! ex: JFQ, Morelos, Borre, Cantillo, Villa, Campuzano, Fabra, Mojica, Muriel(early injury), Benedetti, Ibarguen + recent Sub 20 + Liga up an coming, etc....

I was disappointed but I'm feeling this qualifying campaign will be our best ever. No way can I say the same for Peru. Guerrero is 35. Farfan is on his last leg. Carillo is playing in Saudia Arabia and you can see his decline. Cueva is looking for some consistency in club. I don't see the next generation of Peruvian futboleros that will have the same impact for WCQ 2022. So nothing to be so scared about.

dapip, Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  19. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol. Well written. I won’t go digging into the stats ;)

Hope you’re right about us this qualifying campaign. But what will really define the NT’s legacy is how we do in copa America next year and how well we do in Qatar. Just remember Argentina’s strong WCQ campaign heading to 2002 and how they ended up for that WC.

the foundation for our NT is there as you described it very well so I’m excited to see how we do the next couple of years.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Peru only won to bolivia and chile ........if colombia was the one that received 5 goals in first leg agasint peru.i imagine all here crying and bitching...depsite the ohter matches.

That peru have got better position than us.....is just a reflex in how the rules of the tournament beneficiate mediocre teams..........with that joke of best 3rd.......not means they are better

i wont imagine anything happy here.....if colombia repeat the same camaping of peru..

i always have thought that copa america isnt a good standard of the quailty of the team.......a cup that we reached to semis in 2004 in peru with a shitty team.........actually only football geeks remeber about copa americas.............yeah is better win them than lose....

but if we are going to measure the quality of a team is in the wc running.....that is the event that all people watch and dont award mediocre teams as best thirds....and peru haven been more succesfull....despite they arrived to the final of copa america after won two matches one of them against bolivia, receiving 9 goals in 8 matches.

dapip, Doogs and kromekote repped this.
  21. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dapip and HomietheClown repped this.
  22. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

23. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hey guys what is the supposed price on game tickets for the group stage? I want to treat my family to a match and I want an idea of how expensive these matches would be considering that we have a lot of matches.

24. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I would imagine the Colombia games will be the most expensive. Face value they will be cheap vs US dollars but the resale will be incredibly high specially to US based folks. One thing I'm sure hasnt changed much. Carry extra $$ for a better view or to get the people in your ticketed seats the hell out. The average price for Brazil's 2019 CA group stage was $125.

HomietheClown repped this.
  25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not really, i got mine like 50 dolars

Froboy69 repped this.