Copa America 2015~

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Next thing to look forward to, Pekerman is likely going to introduce new players for the generation that is going to run through the next few tournaments.

What players should be introduced into the senior squad?

Pedro Franco comes to mind as an example, will Sebastian Pérez actually leave Colombia? We're good on young defensive blood that are being called up to the squad, but what of new options for the midfield and up? Who is the new 3rd keeper in our squad?

It's important to use this Copa America and the next as a stepping stone for experience.

2. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I say Jeison Murillo , Angulo, medina, Perdro FRanco duvan zapata

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @Froboy69 you do realize that Pekerman still didn't renew his contract, do you?

4. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would try Murillo, Franco, Angulo, Perez, Cuellar, Celis, Trencito, and Duvan Zapata. Correa as well if he recovers.

5. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's not expiring till August; he's not in a rush. Besides, the situation is different for him than with what went on with Argentina in 2006. No violence brought on.

6. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Copa America is next year? I thought it would be in 2 years from now...

jay luis repped this.
  7. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's the special 100 year anniversary one....it's only for glory and it won't get you into the 2017 Confederation's cup.

minus repped this.
  8. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ok.... Wikipedia says 2015 Is the real deal and 2016 will be the one held here in States along side Concacaf teams.

9. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Exactly. Thus the 'one from two years from now' was the one he was referencing.

10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    2016 is going to be a huge event. With the ratings boom of this WC (viewership up 44%), and attendances like crazy for the summer euro internstionals and US home games...and the meaning of the 100 years.

Big question is whether Fox or Nbc or Espn win out the rights, bein has the 2015 tourney which will prob get milder coverage here in the us.

11. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Univision will have the Spanish rights. I think I read it's somehow going through the USSF rights instead of Traffic so FOX will have first choice. It will be interesting. There is definitely a bidding war.

12. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    2015 we should use young players like Balanta, Muriel etc and as many of the young guys who are on the fringes or on the bench plus some players who are trying to push to start or make it into the plans for 2018 and 2016. 2016 should be a huge event and we should go full strength and use it to take another step to assert ourselves as a world power. We are deep enough that even with World Cup qualifying we should be able to go full speed ahead at the Mega Copa and WC qualifying, if there is a decision to give someone rest then go with 2nd choice in the Copa but still our second choice players at most positions in many cases by 2016 should be very close in many positions.

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Guys even if we win the next 2 COpa Americas won't you guys still have a sour taste in your mouths for the screw job we had to swallow? I mean I still remember watching the 2010 WC and seeing how Paraguay and Uruguay did. All I could think of is man if Colombia was there they could have went all the way. Then this WC we were defiantly the best team.... I am not even being bias and then the ref !!! OMG !!! When I think about it I just get so angry

14. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ....stop drinking.

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I haven't drank since New Years !!! Lost a ton of weight

Froboy69 repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hey as long as we WIN a trophy with this golden gen, it wouldn't have been a waste. Look at teams like Portugal with the golden gen they had at the time. I do want us to win a world cup, but them winning any senior trophy is good enough to me. But hey, a world cup instead of two copa americas would be something better.

17. futbol in Miami

Colombia
    Sep 11, 2011
    Miami
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im also still trying to get over the hackjob we got, but nothing can be done about it. looking forward to the Copa Americas.

18. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    yo se que la tristeza aun esta sentada en nosotros por salir del mundial, pero tomemos un poco las cosas con calma y no andemos ya pidiendo titulos de Copa America y no se que otras vainas.
    La Copa America, si quiza alguien no se ha dado cuenta aun, será muy muy disputada. Miren el nivel que presentaron los equipo de este lado del continente. Sumenle que Chile juega en casa, sumenle que Brasil vendran con ganas de recuperar el respeto y todo lo que juegue lo querra ganar, sumenle que quiza Argentina llegue siendo campeona del mundo, Sumenle que Uruguay es Uruguay, sumenle que Paraguay mandara a un equipo que prepare eliminatorias, sumenle que Mexico se crece cuando lo invitamos al sur.... en fin

tenemos equipo pa pelearla? claro, que si! pero ese será un torneo diferente y los otros equipos tambien tendran sus planes

19. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Krass is right lets chill out and see how it goes in the future our players still have a whole great season ahead of them and participating in tournaments like Champions League, europa league, etc etc and some will be adapting to new teams. While we can be mad about the hacking and bad referee in brazil match we have to move on and hopefully have a great performance in copa america and the next world cup. The team is growing.

futbol in Miami repped this.
  20. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn't pekerman recently sign a contract through to 2016?

21. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    still waiting for him to accept a new contract….they wait killing me lol

22. pipevasquez

pipevasquez Member+

Sep 8, 2007
    Bogotá City
    Causa de que Alemania este en la final es la conclusión de un trabajo sobre una base que viene desde el 2010. Colombia tiene que hacer eso, empezar a madurar cada día más a estos jugadores.

Por eso, pienso yo, se debería seguir con la misma base, sacando a los 3 o 4 jugadores que no estarán por edad.

PD: A mi porque me da la impresión que Yepes jugará la Copa América?

23. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Quisiera ver que juegan mino 6 amistosos antes de la copa América y que le de fogueo à jugadores de sub20 y de la última sub 20 y de los equipos Colombianos que jugarán Copa Libretadores y Sudamérica. Habrá Copa America en el 2016 entonces habra mucho partidos para ir formando un "equipo" no solo una selección. Pero eso de fogueo de jugadores importantes de Liga Postobon es muy importante para el fútbol del pais. Mejorar el présente de esa liga ir por la fuerza con la selección hace que los jóvenes un en tiempo les toca jugar con el presente tendrá que medirse con mejores. Y entré más jugadores pueden tener Pekerman al frente y ver su proceso mejor. Porque uno nunca saber quién sera técnico en 20 años y esto todo o por lo menos unas cosas sirve para aprender y crecer

24. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    En particular quisiera ver a Pedro Franco, mas de Balanta, Cardona, Cardenas, Robayo, Palomenque, Vergara de Milan, el muchacho de la B de Real Madrid Navarez, Luis Muriel, Daniel Bocanegra, Duque , Nieto, Santiago Trellez, Oscar Rodas, Dayro Moreno, Carlos Lizarazo, Crisitan Mojica, Fredy Montero, João Rodriguez, Gustavo Cuellar, Pedro Franco, y hasta 3 o 4 jogodores importantes de la sub 17. Haria una base de 60 o más jugadores y haría mínimo 6 amistoso antes de copa América. La idea es que meter más jugadores jóvenes que aun estan muy joven para un mundial. De muchos de la última dos sub 20 y la que ahora es sub 20 y 17 los fogueo al lado de jogadores del último mundial y liga postobon. Y para la Copa América 2015 reducir la base de 50 o 60 a una de 30 y de escoger los que puedan mejor ganar la copa america. Luego comer la misma base y comensar de nuevo pero una base de 30 o 36 jugadores y de ir formando para la elimatorias y la copa america 2016 descanso a los mas importantes y fogueira mas jóvenes y apartir de 2016 tener una base de 20 jugadores

25. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How will Cristian Zapata play without having Yepes play by his side?

I hope he doesn't have the same syndrome that Pique and David Luiz have had this world cup, not playing with Puyol and Thiago Silva.