News: Copa America 2015

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by Paul Eastwood, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Paul Eastwood

Paul Eastwood Red Card

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Just back from Brazil. I absolutely loved my South American experience, fantastic!

Anyway, was just wondering when tickets etc would go on sale for next years affair in Chile? Anyone have an idea how much tickets will cost also!?

Thanks in advance! Lets get a discussion on the go!

2. Colinday

Colinday New Member

Jun 29, 2014
    China
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Oh, cool, last time is hold by Argentina!

3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you want to really experience south american football i recommend going to club games for the copa libertadores or seeing a super clasico River Plate vs. Boca Juniors in Argentina not copa america

Don't get me wrong, Copa America is a nice tournament but no one here takes it as seriously as Europeans do with the European Championships. People want to win it, sure, but a Copa America isn't even 5% of what a word cup is.

There won't be big groups of traveling supports and the atmosphere will just be completely different.

I can tell you that you will probably be very disappointed going from a world cup to seeing a copa america in terms of atmosphere.

Copa Libertadores on the other hand is never a let down

4. vivalentino

vivalentino New Member

Italy
    May 23, 2013
    i just got back from brazil also and really enjoyed my time in south america. i will be back to south america touring four countries next summer and will be in chile round time of the tournament. i understand it will be nothing like world cup but i figure while I'm there i might as well go see game. i was really only interested in going to the finals as i will be staying in santiago at time of finals. any help on where i can get tickets when they go on sale will be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

5. morecast

morecast Member

Mar 11, 2014
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Tickets for Copa America 2015 will have different sales phases (ring a bell?).
    The first stage will only have VSTs and will start in Oct 1st to Oct 26. This will be FCFS and will have a 20% discount form buying individual tickets. Theres no detailed information on the actual cost of each VST or the rest of the sales phases. Actually there's not even a match calendar for the cup.
    The Final draw for the Copa America will be on Oct 27 and I guess after that, individual tickets will become available.

6. roro09

roro09 New Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yea i cant wait for copa america. all the big stars WILL be there and i had a great time at the world cup. i already booked my flight. anyone know what the game tickets situation will be like ?

7. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    mastercard presale ends in 1.5 hrs

8. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    still lots of tickets minus santiago for the chile games

9. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    argentina games also sold out

10. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have any information on the remaining sales phases (if there are any) for the Copa America 2015? I just confirmed that I'll be in Chile during the tournament and I realize the second sales phase is complete. I looked around the official site but can't find any info. Clicking on the ticketing link just brings up a pop-up screen saying "Ticketing for the second phase is complete".

I'm going to keep digging around as I don't have any info at all right now as far as availability. I'm going to be in Santiago and I know the Chile tickets are going to be really hard to get. I have no idea what the secondary market will be like. Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

11. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think that in March will start the 3rd phase.

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  12. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. If you hear something, please post it so we can see. Thanks again.

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  13. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    It's the almost the end of March and the official Copa America website still says: "Ticketing for the second phase is complete".

Does anyone have any news on when the third phase will commence? Thanks

14. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Sorry guys, the forum was down yesterday. They started their third phase yesterday for some credit cards, but tomorrow it will be open for the public, but not many tickets left.

15. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Fedechat, did you (or anyone else) attempt to purchase tickets in the Mastercard pre-sale phase? I had a quick look yesterday and there didn't seem to much available apart from a few group games. In 12 hours, I will attempt to buy final tickets but not overly optimistic!

Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully purchased tickets already and if they have any advice.

16. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    My 6 Mastercard CC (from USA) didn't work, I mean the first 6 digit that you have to input, but I got a working code from FB and my friend gave me one too from a MC from Argentina. I think (not sure) that they only allow MC CC from countries that are playing in CA2015, the 6 digit code is only necessary to access to the sale, but you can pay with any MC or Visa.
    You can still buy it now, not many tickets left, I don't think they are holding more tickets... they said that last time (2nd phase) but when the sale went public, the Chile, Brazil and Argentina games/matches were sold out (they didn't add any extra tickets). Use code 535323, don't wait until tomorrow ;)

Now regarding your question, yes I was able to get few tickets for family/friends, I saw QF, SF available since 10:50 am, but by the time I got a working code, it was too late for the final match. I was looking for two in order to trade my current venue ticket (6 games at the National Stadium).

17. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Thanks for your advice Fedechat. I used that code but it says there are no final tickets available. I will attempt again tonight (Australian time!) in the hope organizers release a final allocation but I'm not holding my breath! Failing that, does anyone know of an unofficial website where people are selling tickets (obviously at inflated prices)? Thanks

18. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Well this time they released more tickets, but I was unable to get 2 for the finals, the system kick me off few times... but I was able to get 2 for the 3rd/4th, I will arrive the same day, is just a 5~6 hour drive :)

19. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  20. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    #20 Fedechat, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  21. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  22. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    No pasarà nada, necesitan vender.

23. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Xuxa !!!,
    ahora entró en actividad el volcán Copahue en alto Bío-Bío (zona de Concepción hacia la Cordillera). Se acaba de decretar alerta amarilla para la zona (el volcán Villarica, sigue con alerta naranja, y alerta roja para el Calbuco).....
    :cautious:

24. Fedechat

Fedechat Member

Argentina
    Apr 30, 2014
    South Florida, USA
    Espero que todo este despejado, todavia faltan como 6 semanas.

El fin de semana hice un viaje a Bs As, me cancelaron el vuelo de AA por las cenizas que habia en Bs As, luego tome vuelo con conexion en Santiago, 2 hs y media despues a la altura de Panama, el vuelo tuvo que regresar!!!.
    Finalmente viaje el Sabado por la noche, conexion en Santiago (ida), todo despejado y hermoso, pero cuando comenzo a descender para el atterizaje, las nubes estaban oscuras con cenizas de volcan.

25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A proposito, en mi facebook hay muchos conocidos vendiendo entradas.