Pre-match: Copa America 2015 Discussion

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looking at the scoreline against Paraguay, I think Brazil is grateful not to be part of the semifinal. It would be almost as bad as their last year semifinal.:D

spepper repped this.
  2. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    "I hope to God that my goals are being saved for the final," Messi told reporters after Tuesday's victory. "But in the final it doesn't matter whether the goals come from me or anyone else. We have met our first goal. We have made it to the final of a World Cup and now Copa America. We are coming into it with great hope."

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In 1998 World cup, Zidane scored just twice, both came in the final. In Copa 1993 , Batistuta scored just once till semifinal but ultimately scored twice in the final. Lets hope that happen to Messi. ;)

4. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    They are trying to give chile the tournament. Now I am worried about what dirty shite will transpire. Look at what went down between Uruguay and then Peru. What are we looking at? Phantom penalties, reds, fouls, etc. We as spectators must expect the worst. Stay strong. Aguante Argentina la concha tu madre.

Christina99 repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Being a host is a double edge sword, we've seen that last year what happened to Brazil or even Germany in 2006.

Also there will be an extra time in the final so unless we're somehow a goal down, an equalizer means we still have a big chance to recover unlike against Colombia or 2004 final.

Christina99 and locoxriver repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi pulled this in World cup final.

[​IMG]

I hope he does this in Saturday's final.

[​IMG]

afar repped this.
  7. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    This is pretty funny, now ----- after the game when we know we've won.

Christina99 and cigar_city repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know I told myself I won't be nervous for this tournament. I haven't been, last week a friend reminded me about the Colombia game. I wasn't nervous prior to the semi final either. Even when they made it 2-1. Now, I can feel the nerves kicking in a little bit. I don't want my 4th of July getting ruined!

We are a better team all across the board. Only advantage they have is playing at home but that could be neutralized if and when we score first and put the pressure on. We just need to win something. It will be our 5th final since 04, time to win something.

9. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    I never seen any team playing better than us. we deserve this title and we mustnt waste it. i need to celebrate.

Vamos Argentina

Christina99 repped this.
  10. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    Game by game, Messi proves that he is the best player in the history

Christina99 repped this.
  11. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    dont you agree with me that Argentina 2015 is like Brazil 1982 and Pastore is like Socrates

12. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    well done Tata. this is how football should be played.

Christina99 repped this.
  13. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    I am not surprised that Garay is sick. he is sick because of Demichilis. Like Musacchio he got sever injury because of Demichilis. this guy (I dont use the term PLAYER when i refer to him) is using his luck to play football

14. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    even Kompani and Mangala they got injured many times because of him

15. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    I never seen him injured at all. only once when Ballack broke his cheek bone. but he was even able to play!!!!!

cigar_city repped this.
  16. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I like this new guy :D
    Demechelis was partly responsible for the Gotze goal as well. I do rate him as a defender but like anyone else his mental lapses are costly.

Christina99 repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Here's some scary marking by Demichellis... :ninja:

18. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    \
    I agree with you about his responsibility. but I think the winner of that game was determined before it started which is why I dont blame Martin for the goal

19. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    i think you missed the best one, his (outstanding) interception against Bolivia:)

20. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    I am so scared now. I think he will (attend) the final because Garay is sick

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully he put performance like he did against Belgium. For some reason though, Argentina tend to conceide some stupid goal. If defence can perform as good as they did against Belgium, Holland and Germany , Chile is nothing compare to those.

I just hope we dont conceided stupid goal like against Paraguay both times, we also get countered so easily in 2007 final but this team never look vulnurable like that.

22. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    I think we play better than Germany and Spain. we possess the ball, we attack and we maintain a solid defence.
    germany and spain they have weak defence

Christina99 repped this.
  23. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    we could defend like we did in those games. the key thing is to start with Lavezzi because he has physical qualities than Pastori. only one change and we can repeat our solid defensive games of the world cup

with Tata we can attack, keep the ball, and also defend. but we did not have to defend yet

24. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    Zabaleta Garay Otamendi Rabona
    biglia Masche

Messi and de maria they also help to win the ball back. and by depriving the opponent from the ball we become more solid

25. ArgentineInRiyadh

Jul 2, 2015
    Christina99 repped this.