Copa America 2007 draw

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by pibe10, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    does anyone know when the conmebol will make the groups draw for the copa america???
    and did the FVF already invite 2 teams??? probably mexico and another concacaf....does anyone know who is going to be?

2. txiki

txiki New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    colorado
    the draw is gonna most likely take place in december, and one of the 2 invites is mexico(almost 4 sure) and the other one is probably gonna be costa rica.....

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    http://www.cooperativa.cl/p4_noticias/site/artic/20060824/pags/20060824211113.html
    Fútbol: Venezuela propondrá que el sorteo de la Copa América se haga en noviembre

La Federación Venezolana de Fútbol (FVF) propondrá a la Confederación Sudamericana (Conmebol) hacer el sorteo para la Copa América de 2007 en la ciudad de Maracaibo en LA ÚLTIMA SEMANA DE NOVIEMBRE próximo.

"Esta será la propuesta que llevará la Federación a la Conmebol para que el sorteo sea en el mes de noviembre", expresó Serafín Boutureira, directivo de la FVF.

La Copa América se disputará por primera vez en Venezuela, entre el 26 de junio y el 15 de julio de 2007. (EFE)

4. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I hope Mexico faces Chile it will be an easy defeat for Mexico lol I wanna see how our european based players are gonna do in this event I wanna see if they got more skills

5. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    what about your middle east-based players?:D
    [​IMG]

6. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes... yes it will be. :D You seem very excited about it too!

7. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    looks like someone doesnt iron his shirts.

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Hey remember he did play English futbol so he is still a person a defender has to mark and his headers are just as dangerous as Rojas kicks:D

9. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Chile >Angola

10. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Jared Borgetti did not PLAY english football. He SAT and watched other play like you and me.

11. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    He scored in the uefa cups when it counted for Bolton it's just Sam had a different system that Borgetti wasn't used too.

12. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    It wasn't that, Sam Allardyce is a crock, so the players probably have to pay him to play, and since borgetti's english is limited he probably didn't understood him.........

Allardyce;Jared you are yet to gimme my money, I take checks you know

Borgetti; yeah I already got my check boss

Allardyce; no I don't give a ******** about your check, I want mine, I want my money so you can play, no pay no play!:mad:

Borgetti; GUAT?

Allardyce; Money, dinero!!!!:mad:

Borgetti;GUAT?

Allardyce; Just warm the bench, do you understand that? BENCH!

Borgetti; :(

13. ROMERO879

ROMERO879 Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    WTF?! :confused:

14. italchacao

italchacao New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Austin TX
    see what you did? Now romero is confused

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

LOL jajajaja goodd
    one atleast I have good humor:D

16. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Draw would definitely be in January-February instead of November-December. Also seems like they're set with the 12 team format and the rumors of 16 teams were just rumors (thank god). The 10 nations, Mexico and an invitation will be sent to the US. It's mentioned in the article.
    http://www.peru.com/futbol/AutoNoticias/FutbolPortada/2006/10/04/DetalleNoticia80494.asp

17. ussoccerFan12358

Mar 11, 2006
    Central NY
    I would expect the US to accept considering the Prez of our federation has been telling everybody with ears that we expect to be invited.

18. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS
    Well, Chavez should be able to help us with that :D
    He'll make the americans want to go to Venezuela and kick our a..

19. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    C'mon venezuelans... invite CR instead of the US :rolleyes:

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Us is a better team so they should come.. but then again Costa Rica is a latin american country. I would like Panama to come they did finish 2nd in Copa Oro...

but i heard they already invited mexico and Us

21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Panama would be a good one, I would also like to see Honduras come back.. I always liked them and they had a fantastic run in 01

22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I also want Honduras, the last time they participated, we were champs!!!
    (DALE COLOMBIA CAMPEON!!!!) but I think US and Mexico are the best in North & Central America so they need to participate. but it also time that the Copa America will return to be the great tournament that it was 20 years ago, even if it means south american teams only. it's time FOR ALL THE TEAMS, INCLUDING BRAZIL & ARGENTINA TO COME WITH THEIR STRONGEST SQUAD!!!! it's not fun to win the tournament when those two r coming with the 2nd or 3rd line squad. we need to raise up the level in this beautiful tournament like the european championship. All the europeans say that their tournament is "mini-world cup" but without Brazil & Argentina. let's show them that south american soccer is also colombia, ecuador, paraguay, chile, uruguay who can play better then most of european teams like ukraine, switzerland, austria, russia...
    VIVA COPA AMERICA 2007!!!!!

23. ZiZouTrini

ZiZouTrini New Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Maryland , USA
    Amen, lol. I agree with you totally with that statment and for some reason, I just have a feeling that Brasil and Argentina will be coming with the strongest sides. Both of the teams are going through that transitional phase where the older generation is leaving and the young ones want to secure there spot in the squad. Both had dissappointing ends in the World Cup. So what better way to boost morale then a win in this tournament. In all honesty. I see this Copa America being a lil more exciting than this summers Copa Mundial for some reason. Or it just might be the excitement of it coming up, lol.

24. puromorelia

puromorelia Member

Mar 1, 2005
    L.@. california
    yeah well appearantly the US feels like GOld CUp is more important and probably will decline the Offer ! GO FIGURE !!!!
    Seems to me they are just trying to save their ass from another embarassment much like it happened in germany 06.

For the good and improvement of tv ratings and the Copa America itself I hope they end up taking the invitation and participate. Just IMAGINE another US / Mexico match in elimination round??? WOW that would bring out FIREWORKS !!!!!