Copa América: Chile 2015

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by MetroChile, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Attacking kids is way out of line.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You are*

But at least I know my grammar.

;)

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Contento, no emocionado, pero contento al fin y al cabo.:)

Esta generación merecía ganar algo y lo consiguieron.

Y Sampaoli me tapó la boca (no le tenía fe por haber nominado puros "enanos").

HeartandSoul repped this.
  4. Azalea

Azalea New Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It seemed all served to the Argentina team was boosted with the 2015 Copa America, but unfortunately failed. Congratulations to Chile, winning his first title.:)

JAIME CHILE repped this.
  5. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congradulations now you can finally build a trophy cabinet for your one trophy in 100 years. You can thank your two Argentine coaches Bielsa and Sampaoli for that one trophy too. I'll take the two world cups and 14 copa americas over your copa any day.

Pipiolo and Loco repped this.
  6. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Relax there. They are only 99 years, 11 months and 29 days away from their next trophy. So long as modern science is able to make advancement to enhance our life expectancy to 140 years, these chilean fans will see glory more than once.

7. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No need to be so butthurt, if it's their only trophy then let them have it in peace...

Classless...

8. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do let them have it in peace, but when they attack Argentina it's problem. He said "I wouldn't trade Chile's Copa America for any of your runner-up medals. The last time Argentina won anything big VHS tapes were around. Milli Vanilli had a #1 hit single, and goal keepers could still handle back passes."

I was just making the point that the last time Chile won anything was never. In 100 years they only won one trophy with help from two Argentine coaches.

The Truth

9. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ever heard of taking the high road? No one has ever doubted Argentina's dominance in south america so youre really just stating the obvious.

I figure youre just miffed at losing 2 finals in a years time, so I understand your frustration. But Chile fans are not to blame

Maybe you guys need a foreign coach?

MetroChile and Pipiolo repped this.
  10. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am happy that Argentina made two finals. In the good and the bad moments I am with the team. I have no problems with Chile or their fans, but if they talk history Argentina has way more of that. Yes congradulations to Chile for winning the cup.

I would welcome a foreign coach or someone like Diego Simeone. Since the majority of the Argentine players play in Europe it would make sense to have a coach who has success coaching a European futbol. Also would like new players called to Argentine team Dybala,Vieto, Icardi. Still a long way to the world cup. One more copa america and world cup qualifiers to go before the world cup.

artielange84 repped this.
  11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Question is... did you ever enjoy your team winning anything? You would have to be at least 30 years old to have enjoyed anything that Argentina did previously.

MetroChile repped this.
  12. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From his avatar, @Bocatino doesn't look a day over 19.

artielange84 repped this.
  13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    His profile states he was born on 9/19/1989. This means that the earliest memories he could possibly have of his national team are of Copa América 1997 and the 1998 World Cup - and that he's just like Brazilians of his age in the 1980s and early 1990s who were too young to have witnessed 1970. Thankfully for those people and myself, 1994 and then 2002 happened.

14. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes I have enjoyed plenty from my team winning and just futbol Argentino in general. I have enjoyed (2) gold olympic medals , (5)-u20 world cups, 2 world cup finals, 2 copa america championships, 5 copa america finals in my lifetime. I have enjoyed watching Messi from u20 world cup to being one of the best players in history winning 4
    times the best player in the world. Even though I wasn't alive to see it I am proud that Maradona scored the best goal ever at a world cup!

I have enjoyed my time eating BBQ with my family watching Argentina. Even when my teams don't win (Argentina,Boca) I still have faith and support them.

Oh and the first Papa Argentino ;)

No I am 25 ha-ha the picture is a couple of years old. I enjoyed watching Argentina vs Colombia at a bar. I really enjoyed looking at the Colombian girls. Obviously I enjoyed Argentina vs Paraguay semi final.

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

In your lifetime, since 1989:
    - 1990 World Cup final: you were 1 year old
    - 1991 Copa América: you were 2 years old
    - 1993 Copa América: you were 4 years old

Yes, these events happened in your lifetime, but do you remember any of them? And of the 5 Copa América final appearances you mention, you're old enough to remember 2004, 2007, and 2015, but did you enjoy second place? I'm not being sarcastic - I'm just saying that it's difficult for me to enjoy 2nd place, so I wonder why you would enjoy it.

16. Bocatino

Bocatino Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You act like the world cup and copa america are played every year and what history doesn't matter? Who cares what Pele did is what you're saying?
    From my baby pics sure does look like I enjoyed it ha-ha but maybe I was just happy there was food! I enjoyed the road to the final. I enjoyed the world cup final even though Argetina lost. Maybe it was because Germany was looking so dangerous in the semi's. In sense I feel Argentina should have won that game, but that's futbol. I am happy we gave them a game. I wasn't happy with second place this Copa because I feel Argentina didn't play their style. Maybe I didn't yell loud enough at the TV? ha-ha. Congradulations to Chile for winning their first Copa America is all.

I have seen the team play beautiful futbol and ugly futbol. I loved how Pekerman had the team playing at the world cup 2006. If we can get him and have someone else make the subs we might be golden. I am looking forward to the Copa America 2016 even if Argentina brings a C team. Hopefully I get to enjoy a competive international game live!

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    What I am saying is that as a follow-up to what Guigs stated, given Argentina's last World Cup title victory was 29 years ago, somebody your age would not have even been alive to remember it. This was exactly what people in Brazil who were your age (25) during the late 1980s and throughout the 1990s would have been experiencing: they would have been way too young to remember the 1970 World Cup title win by Brazil, or they would've been born afterwards.

I myself was in that position. I saw plenty of highlights, starting from my early childhood, of Pelé and other giants like Garrincha, Zito, Jairzinho, Vavá, Djalma Santos, Amarildo, Clodoaldo, Jairzinho, etc. on TV.

That's one of the absolutely best things about being a passionate soccer fan - that we gather in front of TVs with friends and/or family, with drinks in hand, food in our stomachs, jerseys donned and flags draped.

I'm glad for Chile as well.

Your team will have to rebuild now. All teams rebuild, and as many of your starters from this tournament will be 30+ in 2018, it's time for your team to bring in younger players.

I hope you get to watch your national team live one day. I saw Brazil play live twice, and it was fun. :)

18. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Being 25 means you were 3 on the last Copa America. I understand you have enjoyed your team, Chileans also enjoyed theirs over the past 100 years, but winning wise, you are still waiting to say we won.

Colombia, Uruguay and now Chile have won CA in more recent history. Don't rain on their parade because you're still waiting for yours.

That's all I'm saying

Century's Best repped this.
  19. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did Chileans enjoy their team at Copa America 07? Or the WC qualifiers for 06?

20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Irrelevant - Guigs wasn't referring to World Cup Qualifying campaigns. He is saying that a young fan aged 25 years has never personally seen his national team win senior-level cup competitions. Colombia and Chile, two national teams whose resumes are more modest than Argentina's, have won the Copa América during Bocatino's lifetime (not to mention Uruguay, who won it in 1995 and in 2001).

And as for enjoying one's team, it doesn't mean one only enjoys their team when their team wins competitions. Or did you not enjoy your team defeating Paraguay 6-1 or defeating the Netherlands on PKs in 2014?

21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course I did, even if Argentina ultimately failed. I just don't see why @Guigs mentioned that the Chilean fans would always enjoy their NT even during disastrous campaigns such as CA07.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The "100 years" which have been repeatedly alluded to here included more than just the 2007 tournament. It includes victories as well. The long history of the NT you support includes a number of painful defeats but even then, faithful fans stood by the team. My team, despite its numerous title victories, has had many results which we Brazilians really would like to forget, but a real fan stands by his team in times of glory and in times of pain.

Chilean fans who are truly devoted have stood by their side no matter what, whether it was in 2007 or in 2015. They now have a moment of championship glory to celebrate, and let's let them enjoy it to the fullest. Followers of teams like Argentina and Brazil know full well that one doesn't win every time, and therefore, every triumphant campaign must be cherished and savored - which is what the Chileans are doing.

23. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If people are willing to dish out jokes they should also be able to take them. ;)

Argentina's history is nice and all, yet I still wouldn't trade what I was able to witness and experience with my friends and family for any of your titles.

MetroChile and sidspaceman repped this.
  24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder how sincere this post is. I experienced Argentina's victory in WC86 with Maradona giving a timeless performance to lead them to glory, a Copa America is nice but it's just not the same as the World Cup - I also followed CA's 91 and 93.

25. Yañez

Yañez Member+

Oct 11, 2005
    Santiago, Llolleo
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Didnt read any of the whiners. To the chileans and guys from other countries (the majority) who are gentlemen and actually know a thing or two about football, dont respond to the cries.

Speaking of the final, I wonder if Pastore will be suspended for pulling his own jersey?

MetroChile repped this.