Copa América 2015

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Eber1990, May 11, 2015.

1. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The first call up list of 30 players was announced today: I have to say that Soria shut me up cuz he called pretty much everyone I wished he would but thought he wouldn't. (except for Peñarieto, I think Zamora did way better this season)

Nómina de convocados

Arqueros: Romel Quiñónez (Bolívar), Hugo Suárez (Blooming) y José Peñarrieta (Petrolero del Chaco).

Defensores: Diego Bejarano (Panetolikos de Grecia), Miguel Hurtado (Blooming), Ramiro Ballivián (Universitario de Sucre), Marvin Bejarano (Oriente), Leonel Morales (Blooming), Abraham Cabrera (The Strongest), Edemir Rodríguez (Bolívar), Ronald Eguino (Bolívar), Edward Zenteno (Wilstermann), Cristian Coimbra (Blooming) y Ronald Raldes (Oriente).

Mediocampistas: Danny Bejarano (Oriente), Wálter Veizaga (The Strongest), Damir Miranda (Bolívar), Alejandro Meleán (Oriente), Sebastián Gamarra (AC Milan), Damián Lizio (O'Higgins), Martín Smedberg Dalence (IFK Göteborg de Suecia), Alejandro Chumacero (The Strongest) y Jhasmani Campos (Bolívar).

Delanteros: Gustavo Pinedo (San Martín de San Juan), Alcides Peña (Oriente), Rodrigo Ramallo (The Strongest), Juan Carlos Arce (Bolívar), Pablo Escobar (The Strongest), Marcelo Martins (Changchun Yatai de China) y Ricardo Pedriel (Mersin İdmanyurdu de Turquía).

También se hizo saber que Diego Zamora (Nacional Potosí), Henry Vaca (Calleja), Moisés Villarroel (Blooming) y Fernando Castellón (Wilstermann) fueron invitados a formar parte del proceso.

2. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Personally I like the list , there is a good amount of talented players, more than we've had in a long time. I got to admit I would have liked to see Francisco Rodriguez from Bolivar in it, if it wasn't for Cap De Villa coming back Rodriguez would have been a starter in Bolivar and possibly called up. Back to the list I even like the player that got invited, I'm not sure who Fernando Castellon is, where on the field does he play?
    Anyway let's see who stays. Any guesses on the starting 11? Hoping Raldes makes it back, no one has the balls to fill the spot right about now.

3. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #3 Eber1990, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    My ideal team would be a 4-2-3-1:

Quiñones
    Morales - Raldes - Eguino - Diego Bejarano
    Melean - Chuma
    Lizio - Campos - Arce
    Martins

What I think Soria will do considering the 2 friendlies he had and the training camp in march:

Quiñones
    Marvin Bejarano - Raldes - Zenteno - Diego Bejarano
    Smedberg -Veizaga
    Lizio - Escobar - Arce
    Martins

PS: Of the 30 called I think Soria would leave out: Miguel Hurtado, Cristian Coímbra, Abraham Cabrera (I would leave out Zenteno instead of Cabrera), Damir Miranda, Danny Bejarano ( I would leave out Veizaga instead of either Miranda or Bejarano), Rodrigo Ramallo, Gustavo Pinedo (I would leave out Peña instead of Pinedo)

4. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I cant believe that Raldes is still the best option in the middle of our defense. With his injury, and recovery I wonder if he would be more of a liability than asset. Def an asset on the bench but on the field? Dunno, I hope he recovers back to 100% by the first game. Either way we need to find a replacement for him.

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That's very true. Nelson Cabrera (Bolivar) is about to get his citizenship so he's an interesting option for qualifiers, but he's not that much younger than Raldes (Cabrera is 31, Raldes is 34) so it would only be a short term fix. Then we have Eguino (27), Edemir (30) and Luis Gutierrez (30) that are decent but sometimes inconsistent. I like Abraham Cabrera, 24 (The Strongest), we still need to see more of him at an international level but so far he hasn't been bad. Zampiery (25) for what I hear had a pretty good season at Wilsterman, but I haven't really been following to know for sure.

6. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I like Cabrera as well, but last few games they were using him as a winger not a CB, and Zampieri is a winger as well, for sure not a CB. I haven't seen Coimbra from Bloomong but from what I read a few teams are fighting for his services. And Zenteno is .... Well Zenteno. For now our best option is a healthy Raldes, I got my fingers crossed that he gets back out there in time.
    My starting team would be:
    -------------- Quinones
    Diego Bejarano-----Raldes-- Luiz Gutierrez------Morales
    ---------------Veizaga-----Miranda------
    ------Lizio------------Delance---------
    ------------Arce----------
    ---------------–----Marcelo----------

7. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    La nueva polera de Bolivia

8. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm with you, Soria did his homework he called up everyone including the young and upcoming players ie Henry Vaca (just to practice).
    He has to make cuts by next Sunday before they fly to Argentina, what I don't like is that he is only taking 20 players to Argentina because 3 players M3, Pinedo and Smedberg are already included in his final 23. I understand M3 he is the best player we have period even if he is not playing good in the Chinese league. Smedberg is another given with his performance in the friendly against Chile and the fact that he is a starter on his league winning team in Sweden. Pinedo is the question for me, don't get me wrong I have followed him since his career ending injury in Cadiz Spain and how he made his turn around at both Blooming and Universitario, but his team even if they do play in the first division of Argentina is crap and he gets very limited playing time. So maybe I wouldn't of giving him a for sure spot on the team. So with that being said here is my list of the 20 players going to Argentina to play the two friendlies (Venezuela and Argentina) and then to Copa America Chile.

Quinonez
    Suarez
    Penarrieta
    Diego Bejarano
    Ballivian
    Morales
    Raldes
    Eguino
    Zenteno
    Miranda
    Veizaga
    Danny Bejarano
    Chuma
    Lizio
    Campos
    Gamara*
    Arce
    Escobar
    Pedriel
    Ramallo

So I have 20 going to Argentina to meet up with the remaining 3 previously mentioned. Gamara is my wild card, I can easily see Soria leaving the kid in Santa Cruz and taking Pena as an extra striker or he could take a wing back like M. Bejarano or another CB like Coimbra to Argentina but I hope that Soria thinks beyond this Copa Ameriaca and into WCQ where you will need a Gamara with experience even if it's from the bench.

As of today here is my starting 11 playing 4-2-3-1 which is what Soria will play I can almost bet on it.

Quinonez
    Diego Bejarano--Raldes--Eguino--Morales
    ----------Veizaga--Miranda------
    Arce----------Escobar----------Lizio
    ----------------M3----------------

9. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I believe he's taking 22 players to argentina plus the 3 for a total of 25, then cutting the final 2 after the friendly against Argentina on June 6. I could be wrong tho. (Unless there is a Conmebol deadline for the list that I don't know about)

The problem is I don't see Peña or Ramallo being any better than Pinedo... I'm sure the chosen one between these 3 will hardly get any playing time anyway considering that M3 will be our only forward (Arce playing on the wings like usual) and Pedriel being the obvious choice as a sub. I agree on Gamarra, I really hope he makes the cut even if he only plays a couple minutes. I'm sure none of us expect to win the cup or going deep, so giving young players a shot to start shaping the team for qualifiers would be ideal

10. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just read the deadline for the final 23 is June 1st. Martins is arriving June 1st to Mendoza, but we already know he's in. Smedberg and Pinedo arrive May 25th so Soria will have a couple days and the friendly against Venezuela to decide if he takes Pinedo or Peña or Ramallo

11. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Soria's first cut.
    Ramallo
    Cabrera
    D. Bejarano.

I understand Ramallo and Cabrera being cut. Bejarano being cut in my opinion is not a good move. Bejarano plays in Greece he is a starter for his team in Greece. Plus Bejarano can play both right back and center back. I hope the Raldes gamble is worth it.

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I could see how Diego Bejarano is left out of the squad. He had to compete with Edemir Rodriguez, Leonel Morales, Miguel Hurtado, and Ballivian.Marvin Bejarano will probably start. Rodriguez can play as a zaguero, but he is WAY BETTER playing on the side and hope he gets to play there. These players are probably better at the position. It sucks for Diego though; he'll be back.

Escobar is a GREAT player but I still don't like the way he left us for the qualifiers and I wouldnt trust his play for NT again. I think he'll get to start. we also have enough attacking players to mix it up and give a good game.

Surprised el Caballo Saucedo wasn't called one last time. That guy could give you goals and has done so every time he's been called.

another exemption was Miguel Suarez from Universitario Sucre who had a great Libertadores.

My guess for the starting balanced squad.
    ==========Quinonez===========
    Rodriguez = Eguino = Gutierrez = Bejarano
    ======Veizaga===Chuma=======
    Arce==================Campos
    =============Escobar========
    ======Moreno================

13. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't really see how he could've been left out. He's by far the best in that position. His team ended up 5th in the Greek league and he scored 2 goals. He's younger and attacks better then Edimir, has proven himself better then Hurtado (Hurtado is good though) Has more experience than Ballivian, and at this moment is way better than Marivin (his game has decreased lately) Seems more like a personal thing. When Soria was coach in The Strongest, he loan him to guabira for no reason, then he came back next year to be the best at that position, the same happen with Daniel Vaca, I still think he's the best goalie (biased opinion) but he was left out because differences with Soria.

By the way, Gutirrez was not called out and Chumacero doesn't play as a DMF anymore. This is the team that I would like to see

----------Quiñonez---------------
    Hurtado--Eguino---Raldez/Coimbra---Moralez/Ballivian
    ----Veizaga------Danny Bejarno/Gamarra
    ---Smedberg-------------Chuma/Arce
    ------------Escobar-------------------
    ---------Martins-----------------

14. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Just the fact that Bejarano is a starter in a way more competitive league than ours should give him the ticket. I can't believe Soria wouldn't even consider him even as a sub.

LMAO on Daniel Vaca being our best goalie :D (he did deserve to be on the team tho)

15. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Another thing bothering me is the fact that our number 1 and number 2 goalies are out of shape. Now Suarez is no real surprise as he has been out of shape since our last WCQ but young Quinones too. That showes me lack of professionalism and discipline. I don't like it.

16. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm also surprised that Diego Bejarano was left out. IMO if anything the weakest player in the wings is Marvin Bejarano. He's not consistent and is not as strong a defender as the others. Diego starting in Grece is a big plus, no way should he have been left off. When it comes down to it a guy with that level of experience can help keep the troops calm down back there when things are getting crazy. Another player that doesn't exude confidence when it comes to international play is Campos in the mid, he chokes when the going gets tough. He may be good for some minutes of the bench, but not as a game to game starter. I'm hoping to see some speed and accuracy to support M3 up front, he needs support big time, when he has that he thrives, if he doesn't he's not able to find the ball in the right spots.
    Jejejeje.........You're right Quinones is looking rather square and a few pounds over. I'm not a big fan, but I guess he's the best we got.

17. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So what is chuma's new position. I see him all over the field.lol .I would say that if Soria does play him , he will be placed right behind the attack. if we play with a 3 man middle, Chuma will no doubt be in that midfield

_______

So just because a player plays overseas (greece in particualer) does not give him an automatic spot and it would be unfair not to notice that Bolivian teams have gotten better at international play .Now I havent seen diego play but my guess is that he didnt show much in practice or Soria doesnt like the way he plays(like you guys say). I wouldnt agree that he's better than Rodriguez though. diego will get other chances definitely

Gamarra might get to play from what Ive been reading and as for Campos, he is a different player now.He doesnt loose possesion as much and stronger too. I wouldnt be keen on playing him.
    my lineup is what I think Soria will play

18. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ramallo said in an interview today that he already knew him, Diego Bejarano, and Cabrera were off from the start because they were always training separately and weren't included in practice games. It doesn't really sound like they were giving a chance. Also, the fact that Soria didn't give them any explanations or at least be sympathetic and let them off easy it's kind of odd. I would expect him to at least let them down easy, and give them pointers on what they can work on to improve their game.

On Quiñones, it seems he has a problem keeping the weight off, cuz one week you see him ok then a couple weeks later he has the weight back. Idk the reason, but he's still our best keeper no doubt.

19. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.la-razon.com/marcas/futbol/seguros_0_2278572176.html

I like the Gamarra snips, kind of bumbed that Soria is leaning towards Marvin Bejarano instead of Ballivian who is having an amazing season, stood out in the libertadores and rumor is that he had a verbal agreement with The Strongest however he is on the short list of a Top Argentine side who might scoop him up. I do like Bejarano but I can't forget how the last time Marvin played wearing the NT colors he got smoked and abused by Cuadrado in Colombia. Not good memories.

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  20. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have a bad feeling Soria is gonna drop Gamarra. They need to take out 4 more players! one defender (Probably Coimbra), one forward (Peña or Pined0), and two mids. I think Miranda or Danny Bejarano will be one of the 2 (Not both cuz I dount he would drop 2 DMFs) and the other one I'm afraid could be Gamarra for his inexperience compared to everyone else.

21. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You might be right, just to play devils advocate, why not cut Chuma or Campos? where does Chuma play now a days? Hard to say, in Strongest he's allowed to roam free but here if he's playing defensive mid there are IMO 3 guys who do it better Miranda, Melean, and Veizaga. If he's playing more of a creative role on the wings or even in the middle Gamarra has a chance depending how good he shows at the friendlies. Campos in the other hand has gotten his chance and has never been able fulfill his potential, Gamarra might have the confidence Campos seems to lack. I'll be watching the Venezuela game for some clues.

22. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I do wish he stays, hopefully he performs well on the friendly against Venezuela which will be the final test for all our players.

On a more positive note, Raldes trained regularly yesterday and was part of the practice game, so it looks like he will make it!

23. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Update on Gamarra.He might play in the friendly vs. Arg.

24. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If you want to know why Chuma should stay ON the NT watch Bolivia vs Peru WCQ 2014. Chuma, I know isn't very technical but he plays with HUEVOS literally look at his last goal against Bolivar. Chuma is all heart. Melean, Danny Bejarano, are practically the same player. Same virtues and defects, they are good ball retrievers but they lack the foot skill and vision to start a play or even reset. Chuma has proven himself an endless engine like a Park G Sung from Man U, Chuma will tread back and defend on a break away, its like he has a third lung. You already have 2 solid defensive mids in Veizaga and Miranda. I think the cut should be either Melean or Danny Bejarano along with Alcides Pena or Pinedo I think Coimbra has started in the today's friendly so he is 2 string if Raldes doesn't recover in time which is suprisingly with Eugino and Rodriguez on the bench. But unfortunately the fourth cut I think will be a wing back and I think its going to be Ballivian. I hate to see Ballivian cut but it's either him or Hurtado. Morales and Marvin Bejarano are starting so they are set, and I see el Loco Soria leaning towards Hurtado who had a great friendly against Chile. So hopefully our "Bambino" Gamarra is safe.

IMO this are the players that are on the bubble for Saturdays' cuts.

Melean or Danny Bejarano
    Pena or Pinedo
    Ballivian or Hurtado
    Eugino or Pedriel (only because I heard Soria talk about how out-shape Pedriel showed up to training)

25. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Areascaita wasn't called? If not, any insight as to why?