Continuity in USL

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Mikey mouse, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know historically player turnover in the USL is pretty high from year to year.

Continuity is generally seen as a big plus for a team, especially at the beginning of the season. I was noticing that my team, the Charleston Battery, has seemed to have less turnover the last couple years.

This year, I did the math. While I expect another player or two from Atlanta to show up as that side signs more players but currently there are 19 players on the Battery roster (not including the 5 academy team players they have registered) of those 15 played for the Battery last season.

that Math works out to about 79% which is feel is pretty high especially for a USL team.

Has anyone else calculated there continuity percentage this season? Anyone know of a site that might have that info?

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know the numbers but I generally agree far less turnover st Charleston than other USL clubs. I think that's one thing non-MLS owned teams can offer players, more stability on roster (if said team isn't dismantled because of high or low success).

3. Vesty

Vesty Member

May 8, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Club:
    Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    6 of the 21 players on the Riverhounds roster this year are returning guys, so 29% . Bigger turn over than usual. The team mentioned they were a little caught off guard by it. Most of the time it seems closer to 50%.

Mikey mouse repped this.
  4. davideinstein

davideinstein Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like we are returning a lot of players this year. Tulsa is playing our best player last year, Chad Bond, this week and we resigned a lot of players.