Conte laments low number of Italians in Serie A

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Scotty, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Cheers to that.

I heard that the FFP was scrapped.

2. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its still very much alive and well but may have been watered down somewhat:

Uefa has now confirmed changes, which will come into force on July 1 and allow clubs that have gone through a business restructuring or takeover more scope for investment.

"The new regulations are an expansion and a strengthening of financial fair play. The overall objectives of financial fair play remain the same," said Platini.

A press release outlining the changes read: "The updated financial fair play (FFP) regulations will now address situations where clubs have undergone a recent business restructuring or takeover and occasions where clubs wish to invest sustainably within the spirit and essence of FFP.

"Under these circumstances club monitoring will increase and broaden in scope through the application of rigorous conditions.

"Furthermore, the new amendments will take into account disadvantages faced by clubs due to sudden economic shocks or severe market structural deficiencies within its operating region."

European Club Association chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge believes the new rules will help strengthen clubs in the long term, while ensuring the "principle" of FFP remains intact.

"The financial fair play rules are a very important tool for clubs to control their economic situation," he said.

"The new version of the rules is perfectly in line with the Financial Fair Play principles, develops the system further and strengthens those principles.

"Therefore, ECA calls on clubs to keep on supporting the financial fair play system and to work within the framework of the new financial fair play rules."

There was some speculation that UEFA was going to significantly water down the provisions because there were a number of clubs in breach (including Man City, Inter,PSG) that were given sanctions but then forced UEFA into a number of time consuming and costly challenges in courts. But that speculation was before UEFA won a significant victory this month in the European Court of Justice against challenges to FFP rules brought by the same lawyer that won the landmark Bosman ruling. The latest are the statements above which broadly seem to be saying that they'll stay the FFP course.

Incidentally FFP type rules have been in place in France and Germany for a number of years (ie b4 UEFA FFP) and they both brought strong teams to WC2014.

3. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.football-italia.net/58910/figc-limits-serie-squads

The FIGC limit Serie A squads to 25 players, four of them growing up in Italy and four in their club academy.

The reforms come into effect from 2016. They were proposed by new Federation President Carlo Tavecchio and formed the basis of his platform when running for election in August.

Among the amendments passed, Serie A clubs agreed to limit their squads to no more than 25 players.

These must include four who grew up in Italy and four who came through the club’s own youth academy.

There will be no limitations on the Under-21 players, as the vast majority of those in the country are Italian anyway.

The rules governing non-EU players have also changed, as a young player at his first registration must already be a resident in the country, to have come to Italy with his parents for non-sporting reasons and been in school for at least four years.

There is already a limit on the number of non-EU players allowed in the squad, but now new rules have been imposed on the ‘replacement’ with a new entry.

A new non-EU player can only be brought in to replace another if he has already held a professional contract for at least three years, so since 2012

4. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i guess this is old news since he has already been playing for the U18....

but Kingsley Boateng just got called for the U21 team....

5. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Many moons ago, Mama Boateng of Clan Boateng had a dream... and that dream was that one day, a little Boateng boy would be on the roster of every single national team in the world.

6. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol can I use that as my signature?....crediting you of course

7. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Haha I don't think you have to ask with sigs.

8. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  9. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This looks familiar

10. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeh its from the newspaper lol

11. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    That list is just one more reason to hate Udinese. They have hurt the coefficient in the past and do nothing for La Nazionale. They don't really contribute much to anything Italian.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  12. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Getting rid of simone scuffet was their first major offense. ********en idiots

13. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    hahaha yeah.

He is Italian and Friulano. Those are two major violations as far as Udinese Calcio is concerned. I think they still own him though.

Rosay repped this.
  14. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ya I'm pretty sure they still own him, just loaned him out to Como to get some time. But tbh I think he should be starting at Udinese.

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  15. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Does the article say what the overall percentage of Italians is in the league? I did a quick calculation and got 45.5%. Anyone else happen to get that?

If that's the case then Conte would be exaggerating when he says it's only 33%.

16. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    An accurate number based on those figures is 44.9% which is close enough to your number.

But those are squads, if you calc a weighted % based on actual game time it would be much lower.

17. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a sad statistic

18. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Right. But Italy is still much better off than England, for example, where the percentage of English players in the Premier League is 33% when examining all the squads.

Rosay repped this.
  19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    And their best team lost to a Serie A team fighting for regulation with a strong Italian core. Man U also lost. EPL is going into the dark ages

20. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    One can only hope.

Arsenal lost to Dinamo Zagreb today.

Rosay repped this.
  21. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When being better then England counts as any sort of consolation best to shoot me.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  22. secretariat89

secretariat89 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Portsmouth, NH
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #47 secretariat89, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Udinese number of Italians is no longer 5, but 4 because it included Scuffet. I want to complain at Fiorentina, Napoli, and Roma too, but guess what unlike Udinese, their Italians, though not many, are still in their productive years or are still young. Not only that, many of their youngsters in Serie B are doing really well and is ready to join first team next summer. Udinese, if not for their new stadium, is one of the team I am cheering for a demotion.

Another team that I'm starting to dislike is Carpi. How in the world did you become a team that relies so much on foreigners?? just last year you were just pulling on 3 foreigners and ran away with the league.

Rosay and Deleted User x repped this.
  23. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    They just signed Francesco Lodi. So they're back to 5.

lol. If anyone deserves it, it's Pozzo.

el napulitan repped this.
  24. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    thats is pretty bad