Con't: New BigSoccer (Baobab) Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1000 thank yous for the almost redless skin.

2. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Seconded

3. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Totally agree, I love the dark grey-ish top bar. Any chance there will be an entire skin made on that grey-and-yellow theme?

4. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I need to take this back. The only thing that isn't red is the top banner. Especially on the My Bigsoccer page, there's still a whole lotta red going on. Why, oh why can't y'all fix this?

5. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    you tube tags still not working in the default skin.

6. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.

never mind i noticed the problem.

7. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    we got youtube tags? :eek:

not working in the gray (premium) skin.

8. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    well you have to type in the the tags yourself,like always.

9. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    oh, I thought we finally had gotten a YouTube "button". :(

MaXxedFF has one :p

10. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Huss, et. al. - You guys rock. Thanks for the gray and yellow skin, it looks really, really slick.

11. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  12. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    thought I'd like it but I still prefer the Revs skin. the yellow buttons are too big.

13. Tobas

Tobas Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Littleton, MA
    Questions & Suggestions about the new bigSoccer now that it has been out for awhile:

1. It has been asked many times but never answered as far as I can find. Are there any plans for new big soccer skins? I do not care for either of the BigSoccer skins or the MLS skins, so I currently use the Soccer365 skin. Checking periodically to see if the others have been updated. My dislikes with the BigSoccer skins are (no particular order):

--a. Posts too a little too wide with the inability to shrink the window to reduce the post width – I Prefer the Soccer365 width

--b. Colors in all skins save the 365 are hard on my (must be getting old) eyes. – Soccer365 colors are the best of what is offered, but I think I still favor the old yellow big soccer. (This is the most important of all for me)

--c. Extra space for navigation on the left causing all posts to be off center to the right. It gives an odd feeling with almost all other sites that I visit having text either centered or on the left. I would prefer the navigation to be on the right side, but understand with pictures, codes, quotes and such causing navigation on the right to be tricky.

--d. 2” blank space on left of navigation completely unused and can not shrink window to remove it.

2. The first day after the new site change over the MLS skins had background colors matching the team colors. I liked them. I understand this is up to MLS, but have you heard anything about them putting the colors back in to give each skin a different looks again outside of the top bar? If not could you suggest it?

3. For Supporters Club – Gold membership it says. “All the features of a BigSoccer Supporter”. Is there a list anywhere of these features? I was able to find several years ago when I became a member, but I can not find one now.

4. For Supporters Club – Platinum membership it says “PLUS no graphical advertising”. You may want to put in that this only applies to the two BigSoccer skins. I would not have known it would not work for the 365 skin I am using but for reading your recent post in the Premium Membership – Questions thread when trying to find the answer to #3. It would be good to clarify this to prevent problems later.

5. Any plans on bringing back the previous 40 threads per page option?

6. I hope this does not come as overly harsh or rude. After all I still read BigSoccer all the time…

14. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    1) I'm on Soccer365 as well, still. Never go to the Soccer365 website... Let's get the old "Yellow" option back or make links visible and smallen the page in the team skins.

6) I'm on BigSoccer less and less every day. Wonder why?

Thx,

Jay!

15. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. I hope you can convince MLS guys to go back as that was nice. But I use the BS grey anyway...

16. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Tobas, answers inline...

Questions & Suggestions about the new bigSoccer now that it has been out for awhile:

1. It has been asked many times but never answered as far as I can find. Are there any plans for new big soccer skins? I do not care for either of the BigSoccer skins or the MLS skins, so I currently use the Soccer365 skin.

AFTER (HOPEFULLY) MEETING A TON OF DEMAND GETTING THE GRAY SKIN UP WE ARE TAKING A BREAK. AUGUST WAS EXHAUSTING AS YOU CAN IMAGINE. WILL THERE PERHAPS BE ANOTHER COLOR VARIATION ON THIS SKIN? YES. WILL THERE PERHAPS BE A COMPLETELY NEW SKIN DONE FROM SCRATCH? DOUBTFUL. MIGHT THERE BE A VERY BASIC SKIN WITH NO BONUS FEATURES BUT STANDARD OUT OF BOX LOOK AND FEEL? DOUBTFUL BUT PERHAPS.

Checking periodically to see if the others have been updated. My dislikes with the BigSoccer skins are (no particular order):

--a. Posts too a little too wide with the inability to shrink the window to reduce the post width – I Prefer the Soccer365 width

WHAT IS THE RESOLUTION OF YOUR MONITOR?

--b. Colors in all skins save the 365 are hard on my (must be getting old) eyes. – Soccer365 colors are the best of what is offered, but I think I still favor the old yellow big soccer. (This is the most important of all for me)

FUNNY - THAT YELLOW WAS HATED WHEN IT LAUNCHED. JUST ASK KNAVE :) HAVE YOU TRIED BIGSOCCER GREY? I DON'T SEE HOW BLACK TEXT ON LIGHT AND MEDIUM GRAY BACKGROUNDS IS HARD ON THE EYE...JUST ME THOUGH

--c. Extra space for navigation on the left causing all posts to be off center to the right. It gives an odd feeling with almost all other sites that I visit having text either centered or on the left. I would prefer the navigation to be on the right side, but understand with pictures, codes, quotes and such causing navigation on the right to be tricky.

WE LONG DEBATED WHAT SIDE FOR THE NAV TO BE ON. AT THE END OF THE DAY, 90% OF THE WEB PUTS IT TOP RIGHT, AND WE AREN'T REINVENTING THE RULES.

--d. 2” blank space on left of navigation completely unused and can not shrink window to remove it.

YEAH, IF YOU AREN'T USING THE NAV AND OPENING IS UP, THIS IS THE CASE. SORRY.

2. The first day after the new site change over the MLS skins had background colors matching the team colors. I liked them. I understand this is up to MLS, but have you heard anything about them putting the colors back in to give each skin a different looks again outside of the top bar? If not could you suggest it?

I DON'T BELIEVE THIS WAS EVER THE CASE. THE MLS SKINS ALWAYS SHARED ONE COLOR SET, BEFORE THE SWITCH, IMMEDIATELY AFTER, AND NOW. BEFORE AND NOW IT WAS GRAY ON GRAY. I DON'T RECALL WHAT IT WAS FOR THE FORTY EIGHT HOURS AFTER THE FLIP TO THE NEW SITE.

3. For Supporters Club – Gold membership it says. “All the features of a BigSoccer Supporter”. Is there a list anywhere of these features? I was able to find several years ago when I became a member, but I can not find one now.

CLICK ON UPGRADE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN

4. For Supporters Club – Platinum membership it says “PLUS no graphical advertising”. You may want to put in that this only applies to the two BigSoccer skins. I would not have known it would not work for the 365 skin I am using but for reading your recent post in the Premium Membership – Questions thread when trying to find the answer to #3. It would be good to clarify this to prevent problems later.

FAIR ENOUGH POINT.

5. Any plans on bringing back the previous 40 threads per page option?

UNFORTUNATELY NO. WE FEEL THIS IS A FAIR NUMBER THOUGH WE UNDERSTAND PEOPLE GOT USED TO 40. IMHO 30 IS A LONG PAGE.

6. I hope this does not come as overly harsh or rude. After all I still read BigSoccer all the time…

NOPE. THIS WAS THOUGHTFUL, INSIGHTFUL AND POLITE. THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME. HOPE I WAS HELPFUL, KNOWING I WASN'T COMPLETELY SATISFACTORY.

17. Tobas

Tobas Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Littleton, MA
    Thanks for the reply.
    My replies to your replies in-line below

WHAT IS THE RESOLUTION OF YOUR MONITOR?
    1280x1024 - I just prefer the shorter line length in the 365. Personally I just never liked sentences all the way across the screen.

FUNNY - THAT YELLOW WAS HATED WHEN IT LAUNCHED. JUST ASK KNAVE :) HAVE YOU TRIED BIGSOCCER GREY? I DON'T SEE HOW BLACK TEXT ON LIGHT AND MEDIUM GRAY BACKGROUNDS IS HARD ON THE EYE...JUST ME THOUGH
    It does not pull the eyes for me like the red-default can, it is just too much grey for me. If I used it more I may become used to it, but for now I just prefer the 365. The blue outline on the narrower sides and blue separation with the light grey background and black text give a nice contrast without overdoing anything for me. I guess I am picky...

CLICK ON UPGRADE TOP RIGHT OF YOUR SCREEN
    Found the problem, it showed up when I tried switching to the BS Skins, but did not show up for the others skins which I had on when visiting that page before.

HOPE I WAS HELPFUL
    Yes you were

18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, the skins were very much team oriented. I know the Crew had a black base with a yellow outline/trim. The Galaxy was blue with yellow trim. But both had a grey/black text outlook like today. What MLS did was remove the coloring from the boarders/trim.

19. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    are you talking about the forum itself, or the page brackground/wrapper?

20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about the wraper/border stuff around the post themselves.