CONMEBOL club WoSo

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by SiberianThunderT, Nov 4, 2015.

1. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Lechus7 and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That rain tho @_@

3. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    FT Colo Colo 2 - River Plate 0

Now is the other SF Corinthians - Cerro

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ah, nice that it's continuing straight into the second semifinal match!

5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    any predictions?

6. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Audax Corinthians from Brasil won the 3 group games, Cerro Porteño (Paraguay) is the local team and was the best second place (won two games and tied 2-2 with Colo Colo).

The brasilians should win.

Lechus7 repped this.
  7. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree that the Brazilians should win, but I would not be surprised if it was a close game and even if the "hosts" eeked out a win. Cerro Porteno does have good CLF experience, and drawing Colo Colo 2-2 is nothing to sneeze at either. Sad that the weather is so bad today, since extra home field advantage via loud fans would certainly help.

8. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    #83 zaku_II, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    SiberianThunderT repped this.
  9. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No real surprise that the final is "Colo Colo versus <insert Brazilian team here>" again. There's definitely growth going on beneath them in other countries, but Brazil and Chile are still the cream of the crop, and Colo Colo still rules Chile (even if there's been some challenges for them in the last two or so years, too). That fixture is now the fourth time it's been played for a final since 2011, and the three years it didn't happen was because the draw made it happen at an earlier stage.

That said, I think River Plate, Cerro Porteno, and even Santa Fe should all be proud of their performances this year. I particularly have high hopes for Santa Fe and the rest of Colombian WoSo now that their league has taken such a big step up in investment and visibility.

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  10. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    They are playing the third place game. First half River Plate 1- Cerro Porteño 0

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    No sound? (on Facebook feed)

12. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    No problem for me.

Maybe you have muted sound by defect.

13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Nope it's not muted, no sound here.Strange cuz other fb videos are with sound.:cautious:Well anyway at least video feed is in HD :D

EDIT: Got sound now, (my sound card settings defaulted after switching to headphones) :oops::laugh:

14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Unbelivable... :ROFLMAO: and after Porteno missed one a minute earlier...

15. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    At 93 minutes River score for the final 2-1 for River Plate.
    ... and Cerro missed a PK in the first half

Lechus7 repped this.
  16. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Missed the third-place game, but here to watch the final!

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Ok, now the final. I'm counting for more quality here cuz in 3rd place match tactical discipline went out the window (at least in later parts of 2nd half).

18. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    About 30min in and Audax has completely controlled the past 25min or so...

19. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Audax still in control, but the second half is overall much more even than most of the first half was, IMO. Getting a little chippy, though.

I think Audax is more likely to score in the next 15 (or 45) minutes, but if Colo Colo's DF and GK can hold it to a draw, I think a PKSO favors Colo Colo...

20. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    PKs it is

21. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    In Penalty kicks, Audax Corinthians champion :cry::cry::cry:

22. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    5-4 after 7(!) rounds of PKs.... Always sucks to miss out on a wide ball. ='-(

gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After a so epic battle, it would be nice if the newly crowned South American Champions could battle with, let's say, Olympique Lyonnais, Nippon TV Beleza and Portland Thorns for the crown of World Champions. But... :unsure:

24. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, with the last CLF now in the books, should we take a peek at what's going on domestically now?

Argentina: All teams have played 6-7 games. Like last year, though, postponments seem to be a rampant problem. Current leaders are Boca Juniors (7-0, +16), San Lorenzo (6-1, +16), River Plate (5-1, +29), and UAIU (5-1, +26).

Bolivia: I can never find info here...

Brazil: quiet time in the Brazilian club scene at the moment with both the league and the cup in the offseason right now. 2017 Campeonato Brasilerio champions Santos and 2017 CLF champions Audax/Corinthians are currently qualified for the 2018 CLF.

Chile: The 2017 Clausara is seven matchdays in right now, but I can't find a ladder summary posted anywhere at the moment... Can browse http://www.anfp.cl/noticias/femenino to read each week's individual scores, though. Not in the mood to aggregate the results myself, but from several article titles it appears that Colo Colo is still the leader. If they win the Clausara, they'll automatically qualify for the next CLF since they already won the 2017 Apertura.

Colombia: Like Brasil, the league currently in the offseason. If the 2018 edition follows the same schedule as the inaugural 2017 league season, it'll be played from Feb to June next year, winner of an eight-team home-and-away playoff series qualifies for the CLF. Interesting note: the creation of this league was done because Colombia is interested in hosting the 2023 WWC, which apparently is now a requirement for hosting? Someone tell USA and Canada...

Ecuador: Last year's league was delayed to the point that it bled into 2017; this year's league doesn't even seem to have dates yet, so we'll see what happens there.

Paraguay: Cerro Porteno won the Apertura earlier this year, and according the most recent league-based article on http://www.apf.org.py/category/torneos/femenino, I think the eleventh (final?) league matches were the first weekend of October, with the league taking a break for the CLF (what with three teams involved and all, makes sense). Not sure when the league or Clausara playoffs will resume - or who's leading, since (like Chile) I can't find a table easily anywhere.

Peru: like Bolivia, near impossible to find info here...

Uruguay: Yay! A ladder! And a recent one, too! http://www.auf.org.uy/Portal/NEWS/12272/ (I notice that there's a +2 by Colon and a -1 by River Plate; I guess a draw between them was later overturned as a win for Colon? You can see unadjusted point values here: http://us.women.soccerway.com/national/uruguay/campeonato-femenino/2017/clausura/r41087/ ) This is for the Clausara; the Apertura was won by Penarol in the third phase of the competition. (Phase 1: seven-team single round-robin - phase 2: six-team home-and-away playoffs with phase 1 champion on bye - phase 3: four-team single round-robin.)

Venezuela: Like in Colombia, 2017 saw a new league was founded, with the Apertura champions paying last year's Clausara champions for this year's CLF spot. I believe Estudiantes de Gaurico (this year's Apertura champs) will get another shot at the CLF once this year's Clausara is decided; ladders for the two league groups are here: http://www.federacionvenezolanadefutbol.org/clasificacion-superliga-femenina-2017/

gricio61, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  25. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Just because I'm a big stats nerd, I've taken on the project of compiling the CLF results into a comprehensive table by club, plus a simpler table of country-vs-country results. So far, I've added the first five editions of the tournament (2009-2013) into my Excel sheet. I'll update more later, but just a few things to mention now:

----2013 was the first year without Deportivo Quito (ECU), Universidad Autonoma (PAR), or Caracas (VEN), leaving Formas Intimas (COL) as the only team with 100% participation through the first five years. Formas Intimas would qualify again twice more, but finally miss out in 2016. Other long streaks: Boca Juniors (ARG) from 2010-2014 and now-co-record-holder Colo Colo (CHI) from 2011-2017

----Santos, who are now qualified for 2018 after a six-year absence, won 15 straight games through the first three tournaments before dropping a semifinal to fellow BRA team Sao Jose. They then won the third-place match for a whopping 16-0-1 record (2.8PPG!) and a GD of +84

--Through the first five editions of the tournament, every team to qualify twice earned at least 13pts total except for Nacional (URU) at 4pts and Sport Girls (PER) at 0pts through three tournaments each. Peruvian and Uruguayan teams combined through the first five editions for just 14pts.