CONMEBOL club WoSo

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by SiberianThunderT, Nov 4, 2015.

1. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Twitter is great for live updates and news, but awful as a general information database - the structure is far too linear and the searching is awful.

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I don't think you can succeed trying to find some special path Landon took that other kids missed.

Leo Messi was just a kid playing for dad's kids club team when he was identified at a ridiculously young age. He had a pro contract at 8.

That wasn't taught. That was more a gift.

A better question is how we identify those kids before they lose interest and go on to something else, as kids do.

In Argentina, there is nothing else, really.

3. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Mid-July update...

Argentina: The AFA's official site still doesn't have a good Women's portal, and the Spanish Wiki article hasn't been updated, but Women's Soccerway seems good! If it's an 18-game season (10 teams), then it's just about over with teams having played 14-16 games up to this past weekend. UAIU is at 41pts, well clear of Boca Jrs (36pts) and San Lorenzo (35pts), all three at 15 games.
    Bolivia
    Brazil
    Chile
    Colombia
    : Okay, found some info on the Pre-Libertadores Cup: it usually occurs in late September/early October. Also, it's growing: in the four years it's been held, the number of participating teams was 4-4-9-14, so I'd hope that it grows even more this year and that a league is formed next year! For the past two years, the format has been a group stage of 3- to 4-team groups followed by a four-team knockout phase.
    Ecuador: I'm confused. I found results and a table for Ecuador's women's league on their site today, but it's just four teams that played six games back in May. This definitely does not fit what I found last month.
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Uruguay
    : A table was posted (news article, not a dedicate page on the site) on the 15th, with Penyarol at 28pts/10g, Colon FC at 24pts/9g, and Nacional at 22pts/8g. (That said, the women's soccerway page for Uruguay has Nacional with an extra win.) Then there were games played Sunday with Nacional beating Colon and Penyarol beating Canelones. I'm not sure how many games will total be played, but if it's a full home-and-away season between the 13 teams, we're not even halfway done yet, so Penyarol's 6pt (or 3pt?) lead over Nacional isn't insurmountable yet.
    Venezuela

gricio61 repped this.
  4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I forgot to do an August update! Bad me.

Argentina: UAIU won the league just a week or two after my previous post, with the final standings having them 5pts clear of Boca Juniors (50 to 45). San Lorenzo fell off to 4th with just 38pts, while River Plate snatched 3rd with 42pts. UAIU will represent Argentina at the 2016 CLF.

Bolivia: Still can't find information easily on Boliva; none of the obvious placing you'd go to try to look have any info.

Brazil: While the league was played back in the first part of the calendar year, crowning Flamengo champions (and likely 2017 CLF participants), the national cup is currently being played. The R32 was played from Aug24-Sept4, and the R16 was played from Sept7-Sept16. Of Brazil's strong clubs, none of Rio Preto, Ferroviaria, or Centro Olimpico even participated. Santos participated but was knocked out by fellow Sao Paulo club Audax, who are facing Flamengo in the QFs. Santos is also in the QFs in the opposite half of the bracket.

Chile: From the ANFP.CL site, there are no updates on the Clausara... However, if you look at their documents, we should be in week 3 of the second half of the Clausara already. I can't find a nice table anywhere, but here's a Tweet from Colo Colo that I think put everything in focus enough:
    776545150935924736 is not a valid tweet id

Colombia: I can't find anything about this year's Pre-Libertadores Cup, but it should be happening soon.

Ecuador: I'm still very confused as to what's going on here.

Paraguay: The most recent table I can find listed in the news articles on the APF website is from about 10 days ago:
    There's a team called "12 of October"; I don't know what to say about that. X-D

Peru: No new updates here! Just waiting on the CLF to see what Universario can do.

Uruguay: Apparently, when I insinuated that the regular season would be 24 games long, I was mistaken; it appears Urugauy splits the table up after a single-round-robin series into upper and lower table, with the upper table deciding the league champion. The seven teams in the championship round are four gameweeks in, with Nacional and Colon leading the table at 9pts each (third place has just 4pts) but Colon has a game in hand over Nacional.

Venezuela: I can't find detailed information on what happened, but it seems that the 2015 champions Estudiantes de Guárico have successfully defended their title and will be Venezula's represntatives at the 2016 CLF.

Sadly, there still isn't any solid information about this upcoming Copa Libertadores Feminina. No host selected yet, which is late compared to previous years. So we don't know where it will be or which country gets the 12th slot.

5. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Ah, yesterday i googled a bit too trying to update https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Copa_Libertadores_Femenina#Teams

Some additions to your post:
    Bolivia: San Martin de Porres won the title mid-September. http://ellasjueganfutbol.blogspot.de/2016/09/liga-femenina-distinguira-al-bicampeon.html

Colombia: Probably will be the last Copa Pre Libertadores. There will be a league played in 2017 qualifying a team to the 2017 Copa L. http://feminafutbol.com/2016/09/deportivo-pereira-hara-parte-de-la-liga-femenina-colombiana.html

Ecuador: The final tournament with 8 teams in two grous willstart on 1 October. As i understand the schudeule there will be mathces every day. SO it will probaly finish within a week. http://www.ppdigital.com.ec/noticia...a-el-campeonato-nacional-femenino-interclubes

Host/Schedule: Yes, nothing announced yet. Likely Brazil again therefore.

gricio61, blissett and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  6. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Awesome to hear! I mentioned two posts ago that I was hoping the growth in the qualifying would lead to a league.
    *heavy sigh*

7. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ^minor correction to my previous Brazil recap
    Also, I said several strong clubs didn't even participate, but that was also a mistake; those three clubs I mentioned are all Sao Paulo clubs, meaning that they didn't advance past the likes of Audax, Santos, and Sao Jose in their regional competition.

Anyway, since the Copa do Brasil is going on now, I thought I'd do a bit more than just month-to-month updates.

Audax have continued their surprising run, knocking off Flamengo en route to what is (from what I can tell) their first semifinal appearance in any national competition. They will face Foz Cataratas in the first semifinal series; Foz Cataratas has won the Copa do Brasil before and come in second in the Copa Libertadores Femenina.

The other semifinal series has Sao Jose facing off against a team called CRESSPOM, which is the only team from the R16 (and one of four R32 participants) that still had a redlink on the tournament's Portuguese Wiki page.

8. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    From 2019 on no more entry to the men's Copa Libertadores, if the club not also has a playing women's team. Idea is of cause to strenthen the women's Copa L. https://www.metroecuador.com.ec/ec/...nino-obligatorio-participar-libertadores.html

Ecuador: There was matchday 1 last weekend and matchday 2 is only this weekend. So the final tournament will last longer than I expected with 6 teams per group. This http://www.andes.info.ec/es/noticia...itulo-torneo-ecuatoriano-futbol-femenino.html lists the results and this link http://www.teleamazonas.com/2016/10/las-imagenes-del-campeonato-nacional-futbol-femenino/ even has a video.

9. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Okay, so the Portuguese Wiki editors apparently don't know how to make a tournament bracket. X-D The semifinal pairings are actually Audax-CRESSPOM and FozC-SaoJose. Foz and Sao jose played to a 1-1 draw yesterday in their first leg, and Audax hosts CRESSPOM later today.
    WOW :eek:
    That's a big move! And a good one, IMO :thumbsup:
    This news doesn't seem to have broken yet over in the BroSo Copa forum... I wonder how much whining it'll cause there X-D ==Edit, fack it, I'll break the news there!==
    I also wonder 1) if this rule will extend to the LMX teams invited to the BroSo Copa, 2) if this move is a sign that the CLF will expand soon, and 3) if an expanded CLF will invite NWSL teams like the BroSo Copa invites LMX teams

blissett repped this.
  10. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ...okay, I've been thinking about an expanded CLF since reading that post. I'll start small and just expand the current 12-team format to a 16-team format. If I were to add four teams, I'd add
    +1 for Brazil
    +1 for Chile
    +1 for NWSL
    +1 for a nation TBD (maybe an extra for Brazil or NWSL, or make a third CONMEBOL nation get a second entry)

but if NWSL just won't be added, make it
    +2 for Brazil
    +1 for Chile
    +1 for a third nation, based on who did best lat CLF

11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #36 SiberianThunderT, Oct 14, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Mid-month update time!

Ecuador's 12-team league is split into two groups of six, and they're two matchdays in so far. Their website is even actively updating! Table: http://www.ecuafutbol.org/web/posiciones.php?cate=9 Results: http://www.ecuafutbol.org/web/partidos_resultados.php?cate=9 (They even have tabs for goalscorers, full team rosters, and game day refs! I'm excited, this is one of the most complete official website I've seen for the women's game in any CONMEBOL federation) Defending champs Espuce are the only team perfect in group 2, while two teams are at a full 6pts in group 1 so far.

The Copa do Brasil is down to the final now. Audax beat CRESSPOM 3-2 on aggregate (2-0, 1-2) and Sao Jose beat Foz Cataratas 5-3 on aggregate (1-1, 4-2) to set up another all-Sao-Paulo final. Games will be on the 19th and 26tth.

gricio61, Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  12. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    #37 pauley, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    It's announced: Uruguay from 6 to 20 Deceber 2016.

http://www.conmebol.com/es/la-copa-...arrollara-del-6-al-20-de-diciembre-en-uruguay
    http://www.radionacional.com.uy/uruguay-sera-sede-en-diciembre-de-la-copa-libertadores-femenina/

- For the second time running not held in Brazil.
    - No format changes.
    - Second team from Uruguay are 2015 runners-up Nacional.
    - Teams are asked to confirm participation.
    - Spots still open: Ecuador (final tournament running), Colombia (Copa-Prelibertadores not announced yet I guess)

edit: Here is a report from Nacional's website https://www.nacional.uy/futbol/futb...em/femenino-nacional-jugara-libertadores.html
    That reads like Sao Paulo in Brazil were planned as hosts but they steped down?
    It also lists Union Espanola from Ecuador as the qualified team already. That could be, as last year in Ecuador champion Espanola did not receive the spot (tournament finished to late) but qualification spot to the Copa Libertadores was given to the leading team after the first stage, which was already decided in June last year.

13. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Update Colombia: Probably there is no Copa Prelibertadores this year.
    Look at this announcement: http://difutbol.org/1er-campeonato-...no-a-nivel-de-clubes-deportivos-version-2016/ There is some kind of interclub tournament running since April/May.
    The winner/s are to represent Colombia (Article 3).

Here are Results, Tables and Fixtures :http://difutbol.org/interclub-femenino-cat-unica/
    Phase 1: Groups A-G , about 42 teams played that round
    Phase 2: Groups F-II-LLAVE-1 to 6: 24 teams played that round
    Phase 3: Groups S1,S2,S3: 12 teams playing. Currently 1 of 6 matchdays played. Matchday 6 is scheduled for 19 November. That's gonna get close to the deadline for registering teams to the Libertadores though.
    Phase 4: Either semis and a final or a four team group, don't really know.

Lechus7, blissett and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  14. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Conmebol has confirmed the teams.

For Brazil the Federation have not given the league champions a spot (like in the past), so Rio Preto is not in. They went for Foz Cataratas, a semi-finalist/third place of the Cup (winners Kindermann have folded, runners-up Ferroviaria are qualified as title-holders). Also for the 2017 Libertadores the spot was allready given to cup winners Audax. Really downgrading their own league in my view. The league though is restructured in 2017 http://hojeemdia.com.br/esportes/campeonato-brasileiro-feminino-2017-é-lançado-com-novidades-no-rio-de-janeiro-1.424437 and now played in two division with relegation/promotion. League A1 has 16 teams playing each other once(?) and then top 8 move to play-offs. League A2 is second level and played in two groups of eight.

Colombia spot is still open and is to be decidey by 20 November. Looks like the Federation have rescheduled some games and try to fit the final phase of the Interclub tournament in the time frame.

SiberianThunderT and gricio61 repped this.
  15. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wow... so both this year and next year, Brazil's continental reps aren't based on the league? That's a big blow, even if it's a result of league restructuring. I hope this decision was made a while ago so that Rio Preto and Flamengo weren't planning ahead too much...

16. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    SiberianThunderT repped this.
  17. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Group stage draw is on 16th November.

In Colombia the semi-finals are running. Only the winner qualify to the Libertadores.

First legs:
    GENERACIONES PALMIRANAS vs C.D. FORMAS INTIMAS 3:0
    MOLINO VIEJO vs SOCCER FUTURE-SANTAFE 2:1
    Return legs are also on the 16th.

Could it be the first time Formas Intimas miss out on the Libertadores? Results found on Twitter at @santafe and @clubformas

Lechus7 repped this.
  18. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Grupo A: Colón (URU); UAI Urquiza (ARG); Sportivo Limpeño (PAR); Universitario (PER)
    Grupo B: Nacional (URU); Foz Cataratas (BRA); Colombia 1; San Martín (BOL)
    Grupo C: Ferroviaria (BRA); Colo Colo (CHI); Estudiantes (VEN); Unión Española (ECU)

Final in Colombia is played by Molino Viejo vs Generaciones Palmiranas.
    Wow, in the semi-final Viejo was 4-0 down after 70 minutes, then scored 3 more goals to reach the penalties. Look at the scenery of the match :

gricio61 and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  19. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looking at those groups, I'm honestly not sure who goes through to the SFs. Group A is a likely a toss-up between UAIA and Limpeño; Group B between Foz and whoever the COL rep is; and Group C between Ferroviaria and Colo Colo.

Honestly, having both of last year's finalists in the same group is a crime, IMO. If there's a winner in their match, I bet the loser doesn't even qualify for the SFs because there's a 7pt-second-place in one of the other two groups.

20. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Yeah, the format really is not optimal. Good Colo and Ferroviaria meet on 1st matchday, so they probably want to win the game and will not go straight for a draw.

- Today was the return leg of final in Colombia Generaciones Palmiranas lost 2:3 to Molino Viejo. They won the first leg 4:2 though and avance 6:5 on aggregate.

- Colon won their fourth straight title in Uruguay this week and qualify to the 2017 Copa. (http://ecos.la/2/deportes/2016/11/2...-proclamo-tetracampeon-en-el-futbol-femenino/)
    - Sportivo Limpeno won the Clausura in Paraguay and will play Cerro Porteno for the overall title today and on 26 November. Winner will qualify to 2017 Copa.

Lechus7 and SiberianThunderT repped this.
  21. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Five days until the 2016 CLF kicks off! I'm getting excited. :D

In other news, I went over to check how the Ecaudor league is going. They're nine matchdays in so far - so just one left in the group phase! Last year's winner and current CLF rep Unión Española are on top of group 1 with 25pts, five points clear of 7 Febrero. Interestingly, the group 2 leaders Quito have even fewer points that 7 Febrero at just 18pts, only three points clear of Espuce. I think there will be a four-team playoff once the group phase is done.

22. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/noticia/la-primera-etapa-del-campeonato-femenino-concluye-la-proxima-semana/73307 this reads like the top4 advance in ecuador. playoffs will be held in january, because of the copa libertadores.

So, we have seen the first match day. Limpeno won convincingly 4:0 against Universitario. Although 3:0 up at half-time and with the tournament format every goal counts, maybe they should have scored a bit more.

Colon turned a 0:1 to a 2:1 win over last seasons third palce finished UAI Urquiza. That's certainly the first surprise of the tournament. Today there are four games.

SiberianThunderT and blissett repped this.
  23. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't think it's *that* surprising... Yes, UAIU got 3rd last year, but they only got into the SFs as the best-second-place slot, and the two teams met in the group stage last year, too, with the result being a 4-3 win for UAIU.

24. pauley

pauley Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Remember i did the eloratings formula for the uwcl? : see here

This is what the Copa Libertadores gives:
    Code:
    1. BRA 2137 ( 48-16- 8, 225: 52)
    2. PAR 2020 ( 17- 5- 7,  74: 47)
    3. CHI 2014 ( 19-10-10, 109: 51)
    4. ARG 1942 ( 13- 7- 9,  63: 52)
    5. COL 1930 ( 15- 6-14,  90: 60)
    6. VEN 1909 (  8- 7-13,  44: 61)
    7. ECU 1815 (  7- 3-15,  28: 57)
    8. BOL 1729 (  4- 4-19,  37:108)
    9. URU 1729 (  4- 2-21,  33:109)
    10.PER 1665 (  3- 0-22,  19:125)

Notes:
    -Start points 1889 to match 1st place ranking of FIFA World ranking again.
    -Half of Brazil's losses are against teams from Brasil (does not lose points though for the country, plus and minus evens out)
    -UWCL had much more matches, so maybe this 1st to 10th difference will spread more.
    -The 2:1 win of Colon over UAI actually was in the top 10 games of most points shifted. URU +23, ARG -23. Most was PAR Cerro Porteno 8:1 against CHI Everton in 2013 (+-34 points).

----------

Currently looks like group C runners-up will make it, doesn't it?

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  25. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #50 SiberianThunderT, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    Kinda surprised to see PAR so high... They only have 2 semifinal appearances, while CHI has 6 semifinal appearances and 4 final appearances. What does it look like if you use a flat 1500 starting point for all teams instead of starting from their FIFA national rankings? EDIT sorry, misinterpreted what you meant for your starting point. I guess PAR has really benefited from doing well in the year or two the tournament was two five-team groups? Or not even both, it looks like just 2009 that's propped them up so much and hurt CHI. (Though that 2013 game did a number on things, of course.) What happens if you ignore 2009?
    I can't seen to find the scores from the 11th at the moment, but I think I agree with you based on what I can see (two games into both groups A&B, just one game into group C)... Any team in A or B that gets to 7pts (or more) would land if 1st based on past results, so if both AFE and Colo-Colo win out after their opening draw, that 7pts would default make them the best 2nd-place team, no tiebreak to worry about.