Congrats T&T

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by nazzo, Nov 16, 2005.

1. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Although I supported Bahrain and thought Bahrain's goal is acctaully 100%, I still think I should congratulate T&T for qualifying to Germany.

Even if the ref did make a mistake of cancelling Bahrains goal I still think T&T could of scored a second one since they were playing better than Bahrain for both halfs.

Congrats T&T.

2. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    congrats to T&T.

they are the little engine that could.

Beenhaker is a genius.

3. Filho

Filho New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Thanks alot..we really appreciate all the good wishes.....

but everyone who thought that Bahraini 'goal' was legit needs to go to the FIFA website and read the rules. It's that simple. Go to the FIFA website and access the Frequently Asked Questions in the Rules and Regulations page. Law 12- Fouls and Misconduct, Question 19. Read that and then give it a rest.

4. rlrcpa

rlrcpa Member

Apr 5, 2002
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice of you to congrat the T&T squad, but you are misstaken about Bahrain scoring a legal goal. The Keeper cannot be interfered with during a punt/kick, the delivery of the ball from the hand to the foot is considered one motion. Therefore, it was like the Bahrainian player kicking the ball out of the keepers hand, which of course is a foul. The ref made the right call, Bahrain did not deserve the goal!

Congrats T&T, I hope you do well in the WC! Your earned you right to be there! :)

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Congrats T&T. Good luck in the Draw.

6. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Your all welcomed

but regardless of whether the Bahraini goal is legal or not T&T were the better team.

7. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to T&T, you played like Warriors today. One heck of a turnaround from the begining of the Hex.

8. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Congrats Soca warriors.Class team,classy fans.The Yanks are happy for ya!

9. SetPeace

SetPeace Member+

Jun 22, 2004
    SC Illinois
    Club:
    Torquay United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good show SocaWarriors! When the draw is revealed December 9th, many people, especially supporters of the three teams in your group, will look to take 3 easy points from Trinidad & Tobago. I hope you make them eat their words and show that you're just not satisfied with making the World Cup for the first time or being only the 4th Caribbean side to play in the finals. Good luck in Germany--your team and fans will win over many new fans of the game!

10. rjxsapri

rjxsapri New Member

May 15, 2005
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    All CONCACAF is proud of T&T...:D

anyone from T&T here anyways?

11. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great Job TnT!

12. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Congrats T&T, way to represent CONCACAF! Guess we can't serenade you with chants of '1989' in the States anymore.

And FIFA laws clearly state that goal should have been disallowed. Nice try though. FSC broadcasters are clueless...

13. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congats..its great to see a Caribbean nation represented in this World Cuo.

14. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    Mickey Trotman is smiling somewhere.... :)

15. Davids26

Davids26 Member

May 31, 2000
    Great work T&T! Party all night man!

Beenhaker really did rescue a sinking ship and he deserves a lot of credit for his work. Gotta feel good for Latapy and Yorke as well. This should be a good farewell from the international scene for them. The two goals T&T scored over these two legs came from players who play in the 3rd and 4th tiers of English football. Dennis Lawrence and Chris Birchall, way to go. What a testament to this team.

Party it up, (except for Yorke and Latapy :)) and play your hearts out in Germany. You guys (fans) have had this day coming for a while. Enjoy it. Congrats!

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good job Trinidad and Tobago. Super play throughout the entire match. Best of luck in the World Cup. Please don't pull the USA at France 98 and finish last. Don't play for the tie or worry about getting drilled by the higher ranked teams.

As for the goal that shouldn't have been a goal that wasn't a goal....what the heck was Jacks thinking? Wait for the guy to pass before you put the ball on the ground or throw it or anything else. Pagin Hislop, Hislop please pick up the keepers gloves for your World Cup appearance. Do well Yorke.

17. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to be honest and say that I was sitting at home watching the match live online, nervously pulling for T&T until the final whistle! Obviously I'm a USA supporter, but I was very proud of the T&T team and am happy for all of our neighbors down in Trinidad & Tobago--it looks like you guys had a heck of a party down there. You did CONCACAF very proud!! See you in Germany.

18. texasoccer

texasoccer New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
  19. Filho

Filho New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    thanks guys

not sure if any other Trinis have posted and thanked you for all the support and well-wishes, but I think there are a lot of hangovers today ;)
    we are ecstatic and this was one hell of a turnaround/topsy turvy journey. but as you have seen in the past...we never do anything the easy way. 1989 is off of our collective shoulders now. Our team will fight to the end in Germany..In Beenhaker we trust. we've never been more proud. thanks again...and maybe I'll see some of you in Germany

20. Oo Ah Cantona

Oo Ah Cantona New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Austin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All for T & T getting through and hope the match stands. But, what is the rule on the controversial play. From the replay, no contact was made. I've never seen anything like it. But was it legal?

21. rlrcpa

rlrcpa Member

Apr 5, 2002
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref was correct in calling it a foul. A keeper cannot be impeded by an opponent when He is distributing the ball in His possession. On a punt/kick/drop kick, the ball is considered in possession of the Keeper until He kicks it. Therefore, the opponent can not steal the ball when it is being passed from hand to foot. A good rule - alot of keepers would be injured if this wasn't a rule. :)

Congrats to T&T! :D

22. Oo Ah Cantona

Oo Ah Cantona New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Austin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cheers, thanks for the clarification.

23. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    TRINIDAD & TOBAGO in Germany for World Cup 2006!!! MAGIC!!!

I didn't sleep for 44 straight hours!

Got up Tuesday 2pm, couldn't sleep at all that night too excited went to class for 8. Went to a partner's off campus apartment to watch game with friends. Halftime back to the UWI got some KFC and back to apartment! As i walked in second half kicked off.

Dennis Lawrence goal off corner, everybody in the room was on there feet, on the couch, hugging, screaming, laughin all the ING words!
    Fretted out a nervous remaining second half then the running on the lawn, jumping in the pool followed.
    On the road you could here loud horns, music blasting. Drive back to campus usually takes a couple minutes, was a bit longer, people draped in flags and party on tap, horns blowing, smiles all over.
    On campus an impromtu party was going sweet sweet Soc blazing and people partying....

Couldn't sleep last night either spent morning in the apartment jibbing with the boys before finally nodding off 10 am tis morning!

The Journey was magic, the prize is magic, the feeling is magic!

As IWER says TRINIDAD on FYAH, FYAH!

24. PhillyFury

PhillyFury Member

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Jan 1, 2004
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats guys; makes CONCACAF look good as well to send the limit of four teams to the tourney. Glad to see Dwight Yorke got to see his dream come true.

25. Blue Eyed Soul

Blue Eyed Soul New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    Gilbert, AZ USA
    Trinidad & Tobago is in. Great work. Your fans are class, and you've joined the big boys of CONCACAF.

Best of luck in Germany. Us Yanks will be pulling for you!