Confirmed and Official - Welcome to Old Trafford José Mourinho

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Lukaku was poor again yesterday - one touch in the first 35 minutes apparently .. at least Ibra comes back looking to get involved .

2. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  3. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Whatever you want to say about Jose's failing in terms of his personal relationships he remains the best process management guy out there

That was obvious since he walked in to the prem in the mid 00s and owned the town

4. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And SAF came back to shut him down, showing his style is not needed to win it all.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jose did push one of the best manager's in football ever to new heights, yes, he did that. The only one in the Prem, along with Wenger in the early days, who did so really successfully.

Jose does have his faults, there's no denying that. That being said, from a tactical point of view, he's the guy I want 75-80% of the time on my side. As yesterday showed, he can some slights mistakes in his choices here and there, but he's one of the masters nowadays, especially in one off games.

6. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1. Jose's style is not sustainable beyond a couple years.

2. The league is not a one off game

3. We didnt gain a point yesterday. We lost two points to a pretty poor team

4. I think even if he had a fully fit squad the setup would be the same. We might have won due to some magical moment from an individual but the tactics would be the same.

5. Fcuk, Jose is frustrating. I love the guy, really I do. Love how he thinks and prepares but man if he isnt frustrating!!!

jeff070 and SyedZada repped this.
  7. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Think how frustrating it is for Rashford Martial type of player.

sdotsom repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2058 Ashur, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017

I never mentioned anything about the league being a one off game. I was clearly responding to Jitty's post about...
    Second, my point in my post was to mention the fact that tactically, the majority of the time, Jose s the manager I want: his record in big games, cup finals and just in cup competitions in general is pretty solid and it usually takes something special to beat him over 2 games.
    I'm as frustrated as others by his approach when it comes to big games on the road and have clearly voiced that I would have rather see him use different tactics yesterday. Had we been at full strength (or even with Fellaini) I really believe things would have turned out differently and the loss of Bailly and Fellaini made him really gun shy and more cautious.
    Bottom line remains, we'll see where we stand by season's end. City are looking great right now, but it's a long season ahead and while the season is not a "one off game", it's not a sprint either, but a marathon also. And I have full confidence that we'll be in the mix, at the very least...

9. thefly

thefly Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

10. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Although Chelsea imploded more than anything - in part down to Jose going to war with the owner, and Roman's dumb man flesh trophy acquisitions breaking the team

11. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full article based on the claim above. Castles words don't mean as much as it used, so make of it what you will.
    Some things hardly make sense of the face of it (lack of support from Woodward?) and I'm not sure I buy that yet.
    When we consider his recent comments about his future, a contract ploy from Jose seems more likely...

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jose-mourinho-could-quit-manchester-11347416

12. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not really, that was the next season.

13. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I've argued before that SAF did in fact reinvent himself after falling behind in the early 00s - as a result of the Glazer takeover

14. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He probably wants to get an extension and more money before his impending implosion next year.

15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The timing of his comments and how "out of left field" those insinuations about his relationship with Woodward seem to be, it definitely supports my opinion that this appears to be a play from Jose and his camp about a new contract.
    Still plenty of time, but it appears he's turning the screws on Woodward and the club.

16. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i'm not really a pep fan but i do respect the fact that he always try to play and is not afraid of putting all of his best players on the pitch at the same time.

this would probably be our first xi under pep:

----martial - lukaku - rashford
    -----pogba - matic - mkhitaryan
    young - lindelof - bailly - valencia
    --------------de gea

it's a joke that martial and rashford don't play together regularly.

jeff070 repped this.
  17. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    castles' words mean everything when it comes to mourinho, it's pretty clear that he gets it straight from the horse's mouth and has no problem doing mou's bidding in the press.

18. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The problem with his negative tactics against any half decent team...is that we don't know where we are as a team. You can play those tactics with any 11 scrubs. Nobody is saying go gung ho...but allow your forward players to try and win the game....then if we lose, or things don't quite work, we know the areas to improve and what to work on in training. It should be about building a team to compete with any opposition, and trying to win every game.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2069 Ashur, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    That's the thing though, DR: I think it's been established that he's no longer Jose's unofficial mouthpiece in the press (unless things have changed recently) and that he's just another guy/reporter at this point...
    A lot of his claims when it comes to Jose or United since his arrival to the club, have simply proven false and he no longer appears to be in the loop or in the know, like he used to be.

Diable Rouge repped this.
  20. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    fair enough, wasn't aware that he didn't have the same access anymore. seems like he was pretty spot-on with our transfer targets this summer - i believe he was the first one to nix the griezmann deal and call lukaku over morata.

21. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-for-paris-saint-germain-says-guillem-balague

Mourinho is midway through a three-year contract at Old Trafford after first joining the club ahead of the 2016-17 season and Balague says Mourinho may be using PSG for leverage in talks over an Old Trafford extension.

But the Sky Sports' Spanish football expert also believes Mourinho is likely to fancy the chance to test himself in the French capital.

...way to go out on a limb!

Ashur repped this.
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about a guy no longer ITK and living off his past reputation. It's amazing he's still a regular columnist and contributor at Sky, of all places.

23. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I feel like the Glazers would choose Woody over Jose if it came down to that.

24. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This is an obvious placed Jose story.