Confirmed and Official - Welcome to Old Trafford José Mourinho

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Manchester United do not want to sell Pogba in January. A meeting was held today between Juventus and Mino Raiola. The situation depends on Mourinho's future. [di marzio]

May be thats the reason for early execution..

2. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't expect magically our issues are solved. Hopefully is not one step forward and two steps back and sideways.

Whatever we do now should be thought out and with support. JM wasn't the only one to blame.

I would start looking at the supporting cast coaches and scouting etc. Those ares are critical too

jnielsen repped this.
  3. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Lol, the club was finishing outside the top 4 and were not regularly qualifying for the champions league. Yet you expect to achieve the premier league and CL in 2 years during the toughest transitional period in their recent history...Good luck with that. Ridiculously short-sighted expectations.

benni... repped this.
  4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What a terrible appointment and no hindsight, look up my posts. We keep hiring past it has been tough guys for manager and wonder why it does not work. Should have gotten Poch 3 managers ago.

6. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    No he really doesn't, his attitude was toxic in the dressing room and no doubt played a role in the split amongst Mourinho and the players.

Pogba was captain and should have been leading by example, cracking on with the job at hand and setting an example. Not pouting on social media, and posting click bait videos laughing and joking around during cup games when United was losing. It completely undermines Jose. Sir Alex was completely right about Pogba and he should never have returned to the club.

7. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To each his own, I suppose. Pogba, to the unbiased, is a proven world class talent and you don't just get rid of that because he had massive issues with a manager who did not know how to use him, hated everything he was and tried to break him, like some wild horse. When Magic Johnson did not get along with Paul Westhead, the Lakers did not fire him and the rest is history...
    That's not how things work in the real world. As stated, if Pogba shows no improvement in his attitude and most importantly, in his play, then I'll be the first to call for his head. But for now, there is zero doubt that he needs to not just stay, but the club needs to build the team around him. He shined with Juventus and help them become the dominant team they are, he is a World Champion. You don't just cast that aside.
    There is no ambiguity in that matter, as far as I'm concerned.

CybrSlydr repped this.
  8. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I'm not doubting Pogba's ability, he's a game changer on his day, but during his whole tenure at United he has looked off, coasted through games and shown a lot of inconsistency across his whole period at the club. Pogba plays up to the cameras, loses the ball and then casually strolls back, leaving Matic to mop up after him.

At 25/26 Pogba should be showing far more maturity then what he has.

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    You appoint Mourinho with ridiculously short-sighted expectations in mind. You certainly don't aim long. He doesn't build. You give him a budget and building materials and watch him throw all the bricks, all the roof tiles, all the timber and all the expensive furniture into a big pile, clamber on top and then boast about how high up he is.

However much Pogba is to blame for the dissent in the ranks, his failure is built on his poor treatment of a huge swathe of players. He was an atrocious man manager during his time at Utd and fully engineered his own demise. Nobody worth listening to thought that 2nd place last season, even with so many points, was a success that put us in good stead for season 3. It was an utterly Pyrrhic victory.

And the only thing Matic has ever mopped up is whatever it took to get him on the teamsheet every single ********ing week.

11. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Agree to some extent .I really hope it changes under new manager, so far Jose has undermined lot of players but next6 months and coming season will giveusmore perspective on Pogba and he has opportunity to ping all on Jose

12. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If the spiral was because of pogs and jm fighting then get rid of them both. It wasn't and we would be where we are now regardless of pogs. The club made it's choice. No need to remove pogs unless current discussion indicate he doesn't want to be part of the rebuild

13. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don’t think anyone is surprised by how Jose’s tenure here went. Or at least they shouldn’t beat. He rights the ship in year one, wins titles in year two, implodes in year three. He won some titles early, failed to reach the league title, and then burned it down in year three.

In hindsight maybe we shouldn’t of hired him, but at the time he was the most logical choice available given our issues at that time. He’s a cnut, acted like one, and now hes gone. Thanks for the EL and good riddance. Enjoy the Portugal NT job.

J'can repped this.
  14. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    Came here to celebrate.

jnielsen, Father Ted and Naboomagnoli repped this.
  15. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I don't disagree with your first point, but the issue remains, United struggled in recent seasons before Mourinho's appointment, no way was he going to win the league in 2 years with the squad he inherited. Jose even spoke of building a dynasty at the club, a 10year project and how he always wanted to manage Manchester United.

His biggest mistake was probably letting Zlatan leave last season, Sanchez has come in and if he had been the player he was at Arsenal then I have no doubts United would be much higher in the league this term, he looks finished and that isn't Mourinho's fault that he brought a dud player, Arsenal & Sanchez played United good and proper.

As for last seasons league finish, it was a great success, the clubs highest league finish in 5 years, those are the facts.

16. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Oh, he spoke about it did he? Well alright then, my mistake.

Firstly, Zlatan was done at this level. We let go of him at the end of this season after he made no difference. Thirdly, he signed Alexis Sanchez to play in the place of Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford - we were stacked there. Utterly atrocious decision making and man management. If he'd been signed to play on the right or up top then I'd have some sympathy, but his intention was ********ed from the off and his execution all the more so. Alexis coming in was a direct attack on Martial, and in effect an attack on Pogba. It was the point at which last season died.

Being the league's best loser at all costs is not the same as building a dynasty. This is an example of being in possession of facts but not having the faculties to use them.

17. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    that was immediately debunked. pay attention

Naboomagnoli and benni... repped this.
  19. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    In the end it is the job of management to build a high performance culture and Jose didn't do that.

He doesn't bring anyone along.

I think Hazard is a good example of his failings. He got a great season out of the guy, pumps him up as one of the best in the world - then they fall out.

This pattern has happened everywhere.

Like when Ramos protested the treatment of Ozil by wearing his shirt under his own.

This is not a guy the players are willing to give everything for.

They don't believe

jnielsen and Naboomagnoli repped this.
  20. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    What cowboy lit that setup?

21. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Are you saying the players are dishonest?

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I am giddy. Fcuk you Jose, fcuk youuuuuuuu!

22. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have two questions.

I read before Liverpool match that klopp was the reason for Mourinho s previous two sacking and now 3. Is that true?

What will happen to our poor matic now?
    [emoji4]

23. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Wish they would have waited to resign smalling until after all of this was sorted. Dave & Tony would have been great, but no, we get Mike with the Killmonger haircut.

24. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: matic
    I have been thinking about that. It is possible he too was being misused too. However his skill set doesn't mesh with the existing players and how we should proceed forward. He should be phased out and play only when we need numbers and sold at the end of the season.

Fellaini I might consider keeping beyond this season but push out within the next year and a half to two years

25. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Goodbye!