Conference 06/07

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Peakite, Aug 9, 2006.

1. L.G.S

L.G.S New Member

Aug 31, 2006
    England
    Boring York 0-0 Morecombe

My town Oxford 1-0 Exeter :cool:

2. bdndyc

bdndyc New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Best 0-0 draw I've ever seen actually, if this league had proper refs we'd have won, a Morcambe player headbuted our player, the ref saw the incident perfectly, went straight over to the Morcambe player and just talked to him...

We shoulda scored but all our chances fell to Manny/Bowey which is never good.

Both us and Morcambe are much better away than at home so I reckon we've got a really good chance on Monday.

3. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    And the two playoff finals for promotion to the Conference will be Salisbury City v Braintree Town and Hinckley United v Farsley Celtic. This guarantees there will be five teams playing in the Conference next season that have never played at that level before:- Torquay United, Droylsden, Histon and the two playoff winners.

4. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well last nights 2nd leg was a bit of a disaster. Lost 1-2 at Home to Exeter (2-2 agg), then lost the Penalty shoot out. I now get to watch Oxford play Histon. A team I watched play at Banbury in the FA Vase.

5. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    And Exeter have got Morecambe in the final. They beat York 2-1 at Christie Park after going a goal down.

6. SheffWedFan

SheffWedFan Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope Morecambe go up - for no other reason than they've never been in the league before, even though they've been knocking on the door for years, and I think it would be cool. Plus I like Sammy McIlroy. Plus I think it's funny that just seven years ago Bradford were in the Premiership and now they'd be travelling there! :D Not that I have anything against Bradford per se... mmm curry.

7. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    And Morecambe are up, 2-1 against Exeter.

8. Konspiracy

Konspiracy New Member

May 20, 2007
    Gigg Lane Bury
    Does anyone know if Conference games will be shown on Setanta TV next season? Im sure read it in the newspapers but seen nothing on tv as of yet? Im sure I read 70 games + play offs will be shown on Setanta next season??

9. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    I wonder what the best website is for the Championship and CC leages.

I am looking for the South Americans who this season played in any of the lower English leagues.

Can somebody help me?

10. bdndyc

bdndyc New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Yep, Sentanta will be showing conference games on a Thursday evening. :mad:

And they're also ressurecting the conference cup and calling it the Setanta Cup. :mad:

Exclusive TV deals suck.

11. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Can somebody help me?

12. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    You'd be better putting this elsewhere to get a positive reply for something other than the Conference. So no idea as to a decent website for those divisions.

As for the Conference there haven't been too many south American players. The only two who immediately spring to mind are:

Santos Gaia (Brazil, Stevenage)
    Gus Uhlenbeek (Surinam, Halifax - now released)

13. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    I would say Gus Uhlenbeek is Dutch

Thank you :)

Any suggestions where I should ask this question?

14. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
  16. mrtandy

mrtandy Member

Oxford United
    England
    Mar 12, 2003
    Banbury,Oxfordshire.
    Club:
    Oxford United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's a bit af a pain in the backside, but if you register with one site your password/username should work on all of them. Mine seems to anyway.

17. Kevin Alexander

May 27, 2004
    America's Dairyland
    Just wanted to bump this up for the new campaign. :)

Peakite, are you going to be going on the road again this season? I enjoyed reading all of your Halifax recaps.

18. Peakite

Peakite Member

Mar 27, 2000
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Halifax Town
    I've been intending to, starting a new thread for it (actually more for my travels in general), but got a few problems this year. Less money to go round (buying a flat), an awkward fixture list (is it possible to make a couple of them) and already one game I've attempted to see and failed.

Something coming shortly.