Confederations Cup Germany VS Mexico; June 29th, 2017

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Xizor, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't think it was that easy at all. I think offensively Mexico had a good game but the defense was a mess and they took advantage. Yet in the 1st half Mexico reacted. AFTER the 3rd goal, then you could see the germans take the foot off the pedal but not in the 1st half. A lot of it had to do with Gio and his terrible physical shape but he had played a lot better in the 1st. Also people have to analyze how it's Germany. Mexico doesn't play Germany much but those 2 "good" results came at special times. In 1998 Germany was a team in decline. Yugoslavia had outplayed them but like Mexico, they historically falter and finished tied. Then they went out and got crushed by Croatia. They would proceed to go 3 and out in the 2000 euro. In 2005, they were led by Klinnsman and were a young team and they still beat us with 10 men. This is the 1st time we faced Low and it showed.

Seeing a lot of the criticism, my take is a lot in line with this article.

https://medium.com/@ferpalazuelosz/les-llegó-leña-seca-échenle-34d7577dc6a1

I think the biggest mistake besides the terrible defense and insistence of the CB's as fullbacks is the fact that JCO overestimates Mexico. He went all out "A tu por tu". Maybe him being Colombian and not Mexican means he really thought "A tu por tu" is going all out and Mexico did and paid for it. Mexico didn't have the quality that Germany has and they should play accordingly. That's what really "A tu por tu" means and it's just self bullshit that we buy that Mexico plays Brazil as equals when we don't.

There's a lot to improve and a lot to criticize but a lot of it is being done wrong like always. I just saw like a minute of Rafa Ramos saying something about "rotaciones" as if that had anything to do yesterday. I don't know why people aren't mentioning how Mexico went all out like it was facing Cuba yesterday, how the press can't say that Alanis is not NT material (he was named among the top players in the Germany game in some places) or how MLS has hampered Gio and it's not just his reputation as party animal ,etc.

2. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We have to ask ourselves, if we can see these things why can't Osorio? Everyone has been saying Gio is not the old Gio and is a waste, people questioned the balance of the call ups with no true CDMs, and the lack of defensive options for FBs.

This is the most troubling thing of all, having a manager so stubborn and in his head about how he wants to play he can't see the mistakes in front of him. Even less to learn from those mistakes. And that's why I think he should go, he will not change.

Osorio's philosophy:

[​IMG]

3. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Because he overestimates his talent and he's lefty (like Guardado). It's a big fault that while it could be an ideal to have a team where everybody is so good that they can step up and if they need to be replaced, there is no drop in quality, the reality is that it's not feasible especially in the NT. Gio is a good example of this. While I think he's played well in the 1st half, and improved as the tournament went on, it was too little to late and you just don't have the time in international tournaments to do so. Gio still has talent but the drop in competition has hurt him and it shows. JCO thinks he can overcome that but he can't, at least not in so short a time.

JJV1994 repped this.
  4. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Alanis should not be near the NT, that goes for Salcedo and Gio as well.

Gio dug his own grave and chose to go to LA.. those shots on goal were disgusting.

5. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Salcedo is NT material, hands down. Problem is, he's miscast as a fullback and Osorio insists on placing him there.

Neymadres, Lukato, JJV1994 and 3 others repped this.
  6. eltapatio

eltapatio Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Guadalajara
    I think at this point it would be very good if Gio came to play to Liga Mx, he could improve a lot.

Neymadres, DankYummy and ninjew repped this.
  7. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it's a pipe dream. He's in his own heaven in LA, eating Denny's

8. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He went for the money. He's making more than 5 mill a year. More than what he made in Europe and more than what a LigaMX team would pay...

Now its costing him his NT future (well perhaps not as long as Osorio remains coach).

9. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015
    Osoria needs to stop doing the following:

-playing players out of position
    -calling up Gio and Rafa
    -rotaciones
    -shitty subs

Neymadres, DankYummy and LGRod repped this.
  10. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    -Not call-up defensive mids.
    -Overrate size.

VBoots10, DankYummy, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    -losing important KO matches by several goals

12. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1687 AMLO2018, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    -STARTING ALANIS

VBoots10 and DankYummy repped this.
  13. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    - Benching Vela
    - taking notes since we know damn well he isn't adjusting shit

VBoots10 repped this.
  14. chivamex10

chivamex10 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    your mom's house
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Osorio is interviewed at the 7:00 mark.

Just realized he said Diego and Carlos. Maybe he meant Salcedo. My mistake. I thought he meant Carlos Vela. Why else would he not play??

Colima24 and Narc83 repped this.
  15. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd like to see what the f*ck his notes in red say

thedragonrik58 repped this.
  16. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    - existing

are we still doing the dash thing?

17. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    I can see why people like Osorio, He's well spoken and carries himself well. He's very different when giving interviews unlike clowns like Piojo, Chepo, and even Hugo when things started to collapse on him. Osorio gives a positive impression of himself. He's not hostile or defensive but just answers question to his best ability. Its sad that he doesn't seem to understand the strength and weaknesses of Mexican players because he's by far the most media savvy Mexican coach i've listened to the last decade or so.

Osorio flat out is too rigid with his idiotic tactics and player rotations. You have to focus on defense first, then team organization and offense last. If they're going to fire him they better do it after the Confederations or Gold cup otherwise its best to just hunker down and hope he learns his lesson.

Lets be perfectly honest Osorio's problem is that he's failing to see how team chemistry is the most important quality that Mexico needs. We have too many players that have low to poor work rates and its time for him to understand that you have to make hard decision who makes the starting lineup.

From what i've seen Hector Herrera, Chicharito, Lozano, Gio, Vela , and Layun have low to medium low work rates but worst of all all those players float all around the field.

If we continue to play with a backline of 3 center-backs Osorio is going to have to sacrifice a Center forward (its either one of Raul, Chicharito, or Oribe). He's going to have to play actual wing-backs and has to make sure that they are tactically disciplined unlike fkning Layun who never gets back in time. Osorio also has to play a defensive midfielder because its quite clear that we cannot continue to expose our backline against elite teams.

Osorio better beat Portugal otherwise the pressure to dump him will become a huge distraction. Osorio has to understand that he cannot continue with his stupid player rotations and refusal to play natural wing-backs and a defensive midfielder.

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The weakened U21 just won the Euro vs Spain.

You are not alone

19. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    What the?

20. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Singing Jacko songs ain't gonna cheer us up, fam

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  21. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    He can't that essential to them if they are willing to sell him :)

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How about this:

Escucha hermano la canción de la alegría
    el canto alegre del que espera un nuevo día
    ven canta, sueña cantando
    vive soñando el nuevo sol
    en que los hombres volverán a ser hermanos,
    ven canta, sueña cantando
    vive soñando el nuevo sol
    en que los hombres volverán a ser hermanos.

Sleepy Spaceman and DankYummy repped this.
  23. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
  24. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Chicharito and Herrera have low work rates and its amusing that you find this confusing. Herrera when he busted his ass under Piojo always ran out of gas after 50-60 minutes. Chicharito when he first started play for us had an amazing work rate but that's is long gone after he became nothing but a bench warmer for several years.

Herrera and Chicharito have aged and no longer have that youthful energy that they once had and combined with the poor work rates of Gio, Vela, Lozano, and Layun our defense keeps getting exposed. None of them drops back quickly enough to help defend. I'm not bashing any of the players because that's just what they are but Osorio has to make the hard decision on how many low work rate players we can have on the field at the same time. It cannot just be Jonathan, Raul, Aquino, and Fabian pressuring by themselves while the rest of the team ball watches.

Colima24 repped this.
  25. Colima24

Colima24 Member+

Jul 28, 2005
    Villa de Alvarez
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Did I want to see Gio play or start? No. But it's all on JCO for putting him in.

Whoever told reporters how they felt are scumbags, you keep that shit in the locker room. Take your frustration out on the coach, not on the player who only did what he was ordered to do.