CONCACAF, screwing Mexico... again.

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Mar 31, 2010.

1. Mexico is limited to the Olympic team if they want to keep playing Copa America.

Source.
    WTF?

2. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. #Kike Puma#

#Kike Puma# New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Cd. Victoria, Tam.
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this sucks
    it looks like if they would like that mexico down his level like them
    -.-

4. RIVELINO_619

RIVELINO_619 New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    San Diego/Tijuana
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I am completly dumb-founded by this. There are two answers to this.

1. an all out STRIKE! A boycot of concacaf, from the inter-liga, to the gold cup, to the champiuons league, to the pointless freindlys in the US designed to make US soccer and concacaf millions. How long would concacaf last after such actions? not very long...

2.like australia, israel, turkey and many others, switch confederation. South America would gladly take Mexican soccer, mexican sponsors, and the mexican marketing muscle.

P.S please read my essay on this.

5. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    it would definitely be better for development if they switched.

6. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    Blazer's excuse saying that Mexico didn't qualify for the last Olympics as his reasoning for the decision is just BS. The Olympics isn't a FIFA competition, so what does it matter to FIFA. If Blazer is concerned about Mexico's youth development, then what the hell was the 2005 U17 WC championship about? So how will the other invitees be treated? Will Japan be allowed to take their full NT or will they also have to field an Olympic team?

Mexico would be better off in CONMEBOL I agree. I don't think Argentina and Brazil would have a problem with Mexico switching confederations but all the other countries would because Mexico would cut them out of a WC spot. Warner and Blazer would fight tooth and nail to keep Mexico in CONCACAF because they know Mexico is their cash cow. However, if Mexico did boycott all CONCACAF events, then yes CONCACAF would be in a world of sh*t. I don't think that would happen because Warner would get together with his F-buddy Blatter and suspend Mexico from the WC.

7. RIVELINO_619

RIVELINO_619 New Member

Mar 11, 2008
    San Diego/Tijuana
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    your judgement is right on, your rationale is not.

If mexico leaves to conmebol that means that; just like asia, when australia joined, they would get an extra spot.

so conmebol would come out the big winner, they get the half-spot back from concacaf, maybe even a spot in a half, concaf;'s third plays south americas sixth, the south americans would arguments, i mean, the level of soccer in concacaf is pretty bad. They get the marketing appeal and backing of mexican sponsors, and mexican teams would further lift the competitiveness of conmebol club tournaments especially the sudamericana.

Mexico would also prosper a great deal on all economic and logistical fronts, but most importantly in soccer growth.

= good fifa business as well

I dont think it would get to this point though because if we had a bulldog negotiating with concacaf instead of two ********** cats like compean and de maria, concacaf would agree to all our demands. But lets say if it did, concacaf wouldent expell us from the wc qualifying, that would just open the door wide open for mexico's departure, plus fifa hasent really sided with confederations when it comes to these matters. the oceanic confrence wanted to keep australia, but fifa let australia walk to asia. the asian confrence wanted to incoporate turkey and israel, but fifa justified their permanance in europe. Fifa's policy has been about keeping the harmony ''if u guys cant resolve your issues, we will in the intrest of coperation and peace'' usually one comes out the winner, and the other the big looser. And since concacaf really doesnt have a whole lot of say in world football, and the previouse track record concerning these matters, i like mexico's chances.

8. MexiGOL

MexiGOL New Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Club:
    Club América
    It's not that easy in Mexico's case. You make many assumptions and wishful thinking. Like I said, Mexico is CONCACAF's cash cow and Warner is good friends with Blatter, so Mexico will not go to CONMEBOL. If there were a new FIFA president and CONCACAF president that is Mexican, then maybe. You're also ignoring the opposition from most of the countries in CONMEBOL.

9. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    What bullshit, CONMEBOL is shamelessly shitting their underwear. They want Mexican (and especially Mexican-American) $$$ but don't want to see Dos Santos and co lifting the Cup. It´ll make it all the more ironic when it eventually happens. I´ll definitely be pulling for El Tri next year.

10. Celtigo

Celtigo Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great Lakes Region (The Other One)
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, so is it CONCACAF imposing this restriction or CONEMBOL?

11. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    CONCACAF (Chuck Blazer) supposedly.

Here´s the article in English...

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/114/...quad-to-represent-mexico-in-copa-america-2011

Considering Mexico reached the finals the last time the tournament was held in Argentina, and that the restrictions aren´t being imposed on Japan, it smells like something fishy behind the scenes.

12. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    For all I care, Mexico should have already left for Conmebol. Take a spot from Concacaf, and we have 2.5 spots.
    Except for Argentina and Brazil, all the other teams will be shitting their pants, because Mexico is better than most of them. They want the Mexican money, but do not want them to be successful.
    I hope Mexico goes to Conmebol and leaves the likes of Colombia, Uruguay or Ecuador out of the World Cup time and time again.

13. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Mexico, in theory, would come with an extra spot for Conmebol. So everything would work out ok imo.

Concacaf would have one less spot, but Mexico wouldn't be in the fight anymore, so nothing would change. It would be the U.S., Costa Rica and Honduras fighting for those last 2.5 spots: instead of; the U.S., Costa Rica, Honduras and Mexico fighting for 3.5 spots.

14. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Isn't that exactly what I said:confused:

15. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

You touched on it with your second sentence. I wanted to analyze the ticket a bit more.

16. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I think it's an assumption that a spot would go with Mexico for two reasons.

First, FIFA doesn't always operate logically.

Second, even if FIFA was favourable to the idea of adjusting the allocations, CONCACAF wouldn't be happy about losing a spot. I could see a compromise where the 0.5 spot moves leaving CONCACAF with 3.

17. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lets just go to conmebol or just go on strike, Concacaf would come back on their knees and apologizing faster than conmebol did :D

18. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don´t know man, I´m pretty good at this so trust me when I say this, If Jamaica would have been in last years Hexagonal, Jamaica would have finished 4th and the Ticos 5th

19. catrachogol

catrachogol New Member

Mar 6, 2008
    how arrogant is the statement " CONCACAF screwing Mexico ... again"

ARROGANT !! becauise for the longest time CONCACAF has been favoring Mexico over all the other countries.

20. catrachogol

catrachogol New Member

Mar 6, 2008

This is what I call unfounded arrogance .... keep living in the past my friend... those who keep looking back at what was done make a huge mistake. If we can put all performances on a graph you will see a definite trend of Mexico's graph performance trending down, USA up, Costa Rica up and Honduras slightly up .

Arrogance.

21. Lol favoring Mexico? How? :rolleyes: Mexico down and Hondo/CR/etc up? Like how CR qual to the seocnd fase of WC in 1990 compared to their 2006 campaign? :(

22. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I'm not Mexican. I am Honduran. I'd be stoked to get rid of Mexico and we would be fighting the Ticos for that spot, and I will take my chances against them, than having to go the Azteca.

Mexico is not as good as 3 teams in S. America (Argentina, Brazil, and Chile), even with 4 others, if not slightly better (Colombia, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador) and better than the latter 3 (Peru, Bolivia and Venezuela).

23. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Chile? I think Mexico are a bit better, they´re a consistent performer in almost every international tournament the enter. Most CONMEBOL nations do have better players.

24. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    Chile were exposed yesterday, big time South American Hype machine. I think they're a very good team, but some people are rating them way too high. I think they had 1 true shot on goal vs Mexico.

Mexico > Chile

People constantly rate Mexico on par or slightly below with Colombia, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay because we're one dominant team in Concacaf, a crappy federation. If we're lucky people will rate us equal. I don't understand why they constantly dismiss Mexico.

Look at how Mexico performs in the World Cup and compare them to all of the above named teams. Once South American teams get their, they bomb out. Except Argies and Brazilians.

Yet people still laugh when I say Mexico is more then Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay and Colombia. :confused:

25. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Again you were in the Azteca don't get too excited. I still think Chile is slightly better just on their qualifying performance, which is a more fair assessment than a friendly. Lets give Chile the benefit of the Doubt. Paraguay and Ecuador did well last world cup, and Paraguay in the one before that.

Mexico should do well in this WC, but I will say this, Mexico se la juega in the first game. If Mexico cannot win, yes win, it will be too hard for them to qualify after that. I hope you guys trash S. Africa, draw france and beat Uruguay handily, and shut the Conmebol up.