Concacaf nation’s league

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to admit since the World Cup debacle I’ve been very unmotivated to watch this team or travel to a game. Weirdly the US having drawn Cuba and Canada kinda rekindled my excitement for it as the chance the US plays in some weird obscure places like St Vincent is my favorite kind of trip.

Eddie Stiel and wixson7 repped this.
  2. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Let’s get the band back together again....

Real Corona and Eddie Stiel repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I alluded to this in another thread but the good thing about these two teams is that we can host them in so many different stadiums and not have to worry about opposing supporters outnumbering our fans.

As for the road games we know what to expect from Cuba and their baseball stadium.

The Canadian poster in the other forum has said that they are thinking maybe Montreal for our match which would be a fun trip.

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve been to a Canada game at saputo. Awesome atmosphere

5. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    little late to the party but Saputo would be awesome...

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Dates are set. Oct and Nov are our games, home/away with Canada and Cuba. (Sept will be 2 home friendlies)

From @TimB4Last:

Drawn into Group A of League A alongside Cuba and Canada back in March, the USA will open the competition with a home match against Cuba on Friday, Oct. 11 (7 p.m. ET), before visiting Canada on Tuesday, Oct. 15 (7:30 p.m. ET).

The next month, the USA will open the window with at home against Canada on Friday, Nov. 15(7:15 p.m. ET), before closing out the group stage at Cuba on Tuesday, Nov. 19 (7:30 p.m. ET).

HomietheClown repped this.
  7. hoys

hoys Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the times, seems like the home games and the game in Canada will all be on the east coast. Would be fun to see some new cities/stadiums for the home ones. I imagine it'll be small stadiums?